1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

What Are You Smoking? July, 2013?

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, Jul 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SidStavros

SidStavros Active Member

Von Eicken Calume.

2. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Stonehaven Flake in the Paulo Becker Morta 7 o'clock, diet Gingerale on the side.

[​IMG]

psquared, Morse, Old Codger and 8 others like this.
  3. krusty

krusty Active Member

Are you fully inhaling or just taking the smoke into your mouth?
    If you're inhaling into your lungs that's not placebo, your lungs will uptake far more of the available nicotine than the mouth will.

surlysoul, Thuber88, JimInks and 4 others like this.
  4. Wicker Man

Wicker Man Active Member

this any better ?

5. BernardLerring

BernardLerring Active Member

Getting stuck into my first pipeful of GH's Four Squires Flake. Not sure if I should be surprised it's only got one appraisal on tobaccoreviews.com, it's got faint whiffs of fennel, madras curry powder and Theakston's Old Peculiar.

psquared, Morse, Old Codger and 7 others like this.
  6. Coda

Coda Well-Known Member

No, smoked it the same as I do my pipe. It left the room smelling a bit like...cigarettes. I reckon its the paper burning...

Thuber88, JimInks, YAPPG and 3 others like this.
  7. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

I LOVE the blast on the Moretti! ...and the shape. Stunning pipe. Not to mention your other mortas...:drly:

Having some Joschis Oriental Sunrise by HU in the Deerstalker. :bing:

[​IMG]

psquared, Morse, Old Codger and 10 others like this.
  8. FlatbushPaul

FlatbushPaul Cellar is in an undisclosed Bunker

The only place to get them are from Maxim directly.
    http://www.cubancigars4u.com/blends.htm

I will tell you this though. Sometimes the wait is 6-8 weeks. He is a very eccentric guy and if the tobacco is not ready, he will not send it out. But the other side of the coin is that he is a real nice guy and always answers the phone and you will get the order eventually. He is a real trip!

Paul

psquared, Morse, Old Codger and 9 others like this.
  9. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

THANKS Paul. I'll have to check that out!

surlysoul, dBear, Thuber88 and 4 others like this.
  10. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

sadly it's still private ...:(

11. mecompco

mecompco Active Member

Had a great ride on the Low Rider--put on about 70 miles. Went out around Belgrade Lakes (think On Golden Pond for you non-Mainers). Home now and have fired up a massive bowl of Kickin' Chicken in the paneled billiard meer. Enjoying some whiskey sours as well. Life is good.

Morse, Old Codger, surlysoul and 8 others like this.
  12. Coda

Coda Well-Known Member

R-Blend in my Viking...

Morse, Old Codger, user3221 and 8 others like this.
  13. jason1977

jason1977 Active Member

Smoking the last of my University Flake in my MM Bent Great Dane spool. I will not be buying University flake again. I'm convinced this stuff would be just fine sans the berry topping. If I had known there was a berry topping (had I been smart to look at reviews before buying it...) I would never have bought it. Another tin bites the dust ;)

Morse, Old Codger, surlysoul and 11 others like this.
  14. MDaws79

MDaws79 Member

Prairie Wind in the 2013 POY. Its a bit breezy out here.

15. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

OK, I'll segue with Prairie Wind as well thanks to MDaws79, albeit simply breezy here off the ocean, it's in the Boswell Churchwarden.

psquared, Morse, Old Codger and 11 others like this.
  16. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

I'm a happy dude atm ! Got a tin of Germains Royal Jersey Perique from my FNG , Dog Talker ! I hadn't heard anyone here ever mention it so I hadn't pulled the trigger on it before .. s o when DogTalker asked what I might want special .. I said this blend , cause I want to try it pretty bad !

I'm sitting on my porch smoking it now , in my old Dunhill Innertube [ one of my better pipes ] . Opening the tin was fantastic .. Jennifer and I laughed cause it smelled so damn good ... like Lemon and perique . It's a wonderful ribbon cut that smokes like a dream . The lemony Virginia is mild and smooth and cool .... and the perique is amongst it in the back ...... very elegant. I'm at the mid point and it got a shade darker but not heavy . I was wanting to try this now cause of the warm weather and thinking it would be a good summer blend , which it is ! I like PS LTF in the Summer along with PA Cherry Vanilla for an Aro . This is kinda like the McConnell Scottish cake but more elegant and a touch or two milder .This is a very very good mild elegant blend . Now I have three Summer blends to really enjoy along with my Burley stuff that I smoke all year . Tell ya what .....it could be in the high 90's and this stuff would be very enjoyable . To me , that's a rare thing :th1:

psquared, Morse, Old Codger and 12 others like this.
  17. User4408

User4408 Active Member

Thanks for putting up the photos, Simmo! You don't know how relieved I am to see they arrived intact. Some of those tobaccos are fossils. I thought they might have turned to dust by the time you opened them.

Plus, the postal worker on this side interrogated the crap out of me when I mailed it. So I'm glad to hear it sailed right through on your end. Maybe there's a deep physical law known as the Conservation of Crap.

I'm still :drly: from those tobaccos you sent me: the Ascanian #2 and St. Bernard in particular. And I haven't even tried the Strang yet. Saving the best for last. Thanks again!

MB Plumcake in a Bjarne Viking ...

18. javajunkie

javajunkie Member

smoker's haven exotique in a mr. brog pear wood. once i dried this blend out overnight before smoking it, it suddenly shows flavor and character. as for the brog, it's ugly but dependable, and a feel more than a little kinship there. o)

psquared, Morse, Old Codger and 9 others like this.
  19. BernardLerring

BernardLerring Active Member

I had a tin of that a month back and I'd like to take a moment to complement you on your fine choice Sir. An absolute gem of a smoke :thu2:

ruffinogold, Morse, surlysoul and 6 others like this.
  20. MDaws79

MDaws79 Member

Good to know, I just bought a tin and I have been dying to open it. I'm not sure if your description helped me to postpone opening it or not, but it sounds like I am in for a treat when i do.

ruffinogold, Morse, surlysoul and 6 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.