What Are You Smoking? July, 2013?

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, Jul 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Thanks to FishnBanjo, I'm smoking Anniversary Kake in a smooth 1979 Chippendale (Charatan second) Rhodesian 49. More ice water to drink. Listening to MLB talk on the XM. And still working.

psquared, surlysoul, BradNTX and 12 others like this.
  2. Biggles

Biggles Active Member

Finishing up a bowlful of Peterson's 3P in a standard 314 and then it's off to bed. :puffy:

3. Lucky Duck

Lucky Duck Active Member

Good morning everyone! Just arrived back home from vacation. So I'm smoking Peterson's Nutty Cut in my MM CG with Forever Stem. I loaded this bowl before we hit the road in Destin, Florida. That was at about Seven O' clock this morning. Now here I am in St. Peters, Missouri. Good to be back in the garage. Happy Sunday smoking everyone!

psquared, surlysoul, Stormy and 13 others like this.
  4. JimInks

This Dr, Grabow has seen a lot of places in all kinds of weather with all kinds of tobacco. I've taken care of it, and it smokes better today than at any time I've owned it. It's not my favorite pipe nor my best smoking one, but it's the first one I bought, and probably be the last one I'd get rid of. You just can't get rid of your first pipe, especially when it's seen you through a lot of your life.

psquared, Smokey, surlysoul and 11 others like this.
  5. Lucky Duck

Lucky Duck Active Member

Ok, second bowl of the day. FMOT in my Wild Honey pipe. After this I might go to bed. I must say, it's good to be back on my laptop. Makes it a lot easier to read you guys' posts.

Edit: I forgot to say, " drinking black coffee from the QT where we stopped for gas last on the way home." That is all.

psquared, surlysoul, MDaws79 and 11 others like this.
  6. Thuber88

Thuber88 Well-Known Member

Will be starting some Davidoff Flake with Pirate Jim (All through the kindly deeds of the dastardly FishnBanjo:D) and Ice tea, in the BGM.
    Starting "You Only Live Twice" on the tube

7. JimInks

Still drinking ice water, still listening to the MLB talk on the XM, and I have a little more work to do. Thanks to FishnBanjo (does he do both at the same time?), I'm smoking MacBaren Plum Cake in a 1975 medium bend sandblasted looking, smooth on the sides yellow Pioneer meer.

8. dBear

dBear Active Member

AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PipeSimmo, YAPPG, fishnbanjo and 2 others like this.
  9. dBear

dBear Active Member

I'm anything but a happy boy right now, having been messing with that POS Windows 8 all F**##ng day. But I've finally managed workarounds for all my essential necessities, so maybe I can calm down a bit. (Like going from the Big Bang down to merely the eruption of Mt. Krakatoa.)

But look what will help! Can you believe YAPPG sent me samples of EVERY blend in the freakin' WORLD???!!! Maybe that's exaggeration, but not much! Check this out:
    [​IMG]

So now I'm going to load up a bowl of Peretti Royal in my Squatch Prince (fitting, don't you think?) and see if I can get my blood pressure down to where it's not spurting out my ear holes and eye sockets. Wish me luck!

10. BernardLerring

BernardLerring Active Member

Morning folks. Getting stuck in to some Dunhill Standard Mixture washed down with a stiff coffee, then I'll see what gives.

11. dBear

dBear Active Member

Wow, this Peretti Royal is really, really, really good. If I remember right, YappyG said it was "hands down" the best thing he'd smoked in a long while and I can really see why he'd say that. The flavors are superb! I think he also compared it to Penzance which (thanks to RickPal) I still have a little bit left. I think, when I finish this bowl, I'll smoke that and see what I think.

My Calm-O-Meter is beginning to rise up out of the red zone now.

12. JimInks

My final smoke of this day is Rekamepip's "Sinphony" Mix in a smooth three quarter bend 1979 made in Israel pipe. Suzy and Molly were just fed, and are content, so I'll have "my time", which I'll spend smoking and reading baseball box scores.

13. BernardLerring

This is one of the things I love about this website, one of us enjoying the last smoke of the day while the other is waking up to the first. Can't beat the joys of good company, fine tobacco and technology.

14. fordy

fordy Member

I'm convinced that a few of these chaps NEVER go to sleep.

15. Thuber88

Thuber88 Well-Known Member

Next on Insomniacs Theater will be a rerun of the last show, see above for details, or nodoze to keep up..:rolleyes:

16. Wicker Man

Wicker Man Active Member

It feels Humid but it's only in the 50%'s and I want 70% but a pond mister, in a bucket of water, via a Humistat and a fan to blow it about works great, and the Visqueen lined Barn holds it well.
    [​IMG]

As for temperature I'm aiming to Colour Cure (chlorophyll to starch) at 75* F for the first two days then turn it up to 90* F till finished,
    (green to yellow to golden brown) then up to 125* F to Ferment (starch to sugars)
    I've an accurate Thermostat but need to junk the one on the Dimplex yet, so this Hot weather is a bonus, though I can see the temperature rise when I'm in there with a 100 watt bulb on, so more experimenting to do :toast:

psquared, jpberg, surlysoul and 12 others like this.
  17. dBear

dBear Active Member

How the heck did you dig up that information? Man, you're becoming a real pro!

PS - To Fordy, thanks for rethinking that thong thing.

surlysoul, p120d16y, MDaws79 and 5 others like this.
  18. dBear

dBear Active Member

Just lit the Kaywoodie PSF POY with a bowl full of Frog Morton Cellar. (Eternal gratitude goes to YappyG.) (Well, at least until tomorrow, anyway.)

19. fordy

fordy Member

I'm keeping it as backup!
    :haha:

MDaws79, YAPPG, fishnbanjo and 3 others like this.
  20. BernardLerring

Nothing would surprise me. Must take a lot of coffee and cigarettes.

surlysoul, p120d16y, MDaws79 and 6 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.