What Are You Smoking? July, 2013?

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, Jul 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mecompco

mecompco Active Member

Good morning! Finishing up a bowl of McB's Old Dark Fired in the Peterson meer, along with some freshly ground 8 O'Clock 100% Columbia made in the Technivorm MocaMaster (water hits the grounds at exactly 195F). I'm thinking a bowl of OJK is up next, probably in the POY.

2. SidStavros

SidStavros Active Member

[​IMG]

Thank you! It's a Vauen,restored with new stem.I will put it in my Blog soon with all the details.

psquared, jpberg, surlysoul and 13 others like this.
  3. User4408

User4408 Active Member

Nowadays people say latakia smells like a campfire. But the older literature used to describe it as having a plum pudding character. Maybe that's the connection.

Given my extreme sensitivity to latakia, I can definitely detect it in Plumcake. The spiciness of this blend does remind me a bit of Christmas cake.

Now smoking MB Mixture Flake in a Sav 316 EX ... and yep, there's honey in this one too. That seems to be the Mac Baren trademark mojo they add to a lot of their blends.

4. BernardLerring

BernardLerring Active Member

More than likely you're right. I get a wee whiff of plum at the start but the rest is all honey, the tin reeks of it too. I say reeks but it smells lovely. Reminds me of that really nice organic stuff from a honey farm not far from my parents, it's slap bang on the English/Scottish border on the banks of the Tweed. This tobacco really takes me back to going camping there as a teenager with my mates.

surlysoul, dBear, Thuber88 and 7 others like this.
  5. krusty

krusty Active Member

hehe, must have been "all in your mind" then (-:

psquared, surlysoul, dBear and 5 others like this.
  6. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

I said that is what Penzance should have been. Was being sarcastic.

dBear, Thuber88, JimInks and 5 others like this.
  7. LostDog13

LostDog13 Active Member

Kicked off the afternoon with a bowl of the CH/5B/CBW mix in Oldenkott Diplomat. Really happy find with this one; great smoker.

surlysoul, rondel65, dBear and 9 others like this.
  8. user3221

user3221 Active Member

:ccup::puffy: for 45 minutes or till the grumpy feeling is gone

surlysoul, dBear, Thuber88 and 7 others like this.
  9. user3221

user3221 Active Member

[​IMG]

surlysoul, SidStavros, dBear and 10 others like this.
  10. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

Yes! Now it works! Finally I can see a A... in action.

good morning PSF, having some Motzek's NoName blend with 10% added Perique in a MM Diplomat with forever stem and a big mug of coffee. After that I'll visit some friends for a barbeque. this will be a good day. Happy sunday puffing all!

[​IMG]

11. fordy

fordy Member

Condor Long Cut in a Falcon after a light lunch.

[​IMG]

psquared, surlysoul, dBear and 9 others like this.
  12. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

Well that lil pooch helped a lot with my general grumpiness. thought I was going to have to reinstall this morning. Comp kept shutting down. Found out it was just one of my jerry-riged 120 mm fans had fell off from over the vid card. The original mobo suffered a burnout at one point and at that time all I could do was replace it with a micro board. its a very old amd combo board and came with the proc. Still, it runs 2.8 to 3. something gigs and has 2k ram. The proc fan wasn't all that good at keeping the heat down and neither was the vid card fan so I added a big 120 mm fan that covered both of them and has worked fine for a few years. Hoping it outlasts me cause I couldn't afford to finish building the one that I had started on 3 years ago, lol.

Anyway, my rants over.
    Smoking some GE in a cob. Dbl IV going of Pg tips tea. Happy Sunday, all.

13. jhguthlac

jhguthlac Active Member

Recovering from the Phils Sox double header. Both games went into extra innings. First one had a half hour rain delay near the end. And I disagree with JimLinks. I think the Phils were drinking. Most likely, Jim Beam, properly chilled in the freezer with no ice added! But I digress. I survived the game with comfort smokes. MB Honey & Chocolate in many bowls. Coming back to life this morning with a big pot of Russian tea and the remainder of the University Flake pipe I failed to finish last night. It was my second of the day and I packed it wrong. Its going to take me a while to learn how to smoke this. But love the taste. Further recovering with Irish Oak. Life will be good pretty soon I hope!

14. Rickpal14

Rickpal14 Member

Enjoying Virginia Gentleman (thanks Coda!!!) in a meer with the morning coffee.

15. mecompco

mecompco Active Member

Ha ha, you've been around PCs a while! I still catch myself saying K or M instead of G from time to time--back when I built my first PC 256K of RAM has huge. Oh, and it had a full-height, 5.25" 10 MB! hard drive. Of course, that was when the PC XT retailed for over $5K.

psquared, surlysoul, Morse and 6 others like this.
  16. mecompco

mecompco Active Member

Finished up the OJK and have fired up my last bit of KC in the little Big Ben.

surlysoul, rondel65, Morse and 9 others like this.
  17. BernardLerring

BernardLerring Active Member

Giving a wee afternoon spanking to some King Charles Mixture while searching for an improving book to read.

18. KingsTarantula

KingsTarantula All about having fun!

It's still cool outside right now at 6:48 am. Later today it will be scorching hot. I am gonna sit outside and relax with a glass of club soda & lime and have a bowl of MacBaren Honey and Chocolate. :)

psquared, surlysoul, Morse and 10 others like this.
  19. furious

furious Junque collector

Peretti Royal Blend in an old Shell billiard.

20. rondel65

rondel65 Misplaces Lighters

Nine year old EMP in a Rekamepip cherry cob mod. First pipe in four days. Good stuff on this cloudy humid morning. Good day to all!

psquared, surlysoul, Morse and 10 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.