What are you smoking? June 2012

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by woody, Jun 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

A flake of Erinmore rubbed up and loaded into the Luciano bent ball. Haven't had Erinmore in quite a while, so it's a welcome change of pace tonight :)

Jammer, Motard and Ted Vig like this.
  2. jason1977

jason1977 Active Member

Last night I smoked my Virginia Bastard blend I kinda did myself w. some left over Nordenskjold Pibetobak virginia, Tilsbury Matured virginia slices, MacBaren Golden Blend, & SG-FVF. Nice smoke, a warm smoke, but fine powdery grey ash. Very little dottle.

Tonight I will be smoking Sir Walter Raleigh in a Chacom Mozart bent egg shape w. a glass of New Belgium Somersault Summer Ale. Off to go light up. Catch y'all on the flip side!

Old Codger likes this.
  3. TedVig

TedVig total pipeflake

McConnell's Scottish Cake in a Vauen Sir Rusticated. I love this stuff!

Old Codger and nesta like this.
  4. Rewster66

Rewster66 Active Member

No need to make any apologies for anything about that pipe Dave. Reminds me of myself....... very handsome.:)

Oh, and that appears to be a nice Sasquatch hide you have there.

Old Codger and dwaugh like this.
  5. Nate

Nate Member

Brebbia Preludo Mix No. 60 in a Scott Thile bent egg.

6. Morse

Morse Active Member

evening All,

this:
    [​IMG]

Got a couple of new Forever Stems - this one and a grey "swirly" one. Very nice as always

7. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Exquisite blend!

8. dwaugh

dwaugh Moderator Moderator

Peterson Irish Whiskey in my T-Bear pipe. I don't think I'm so fond of this blend....

Old Codger likes this.
  9. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Well it's flavored with Irish Whiskey....one of the worst distilled beverages that isn't clear.

Relax, people. I said ONE OF.....I mean, hey, it's not bourbon.

:booty:

Ted Vig likes this.
  10. cobbsmoker

cobbsmoker Active Member

I'm having a CCCCC evening, Chinese for dinner, Coffee with a bowl of Carter Hall in a Cob and Carrot Cake for dessert! :beck:

11. user2725

user2725 Active Member

C&D Mississippi Mud, consisting of unsweetened black cavendish, Latakia and Perique smoking it in a Mario Grandi sandblasted tomato...
    [​IMG]
    I highly recommend this blend.

jdto, Smokingmiami, Jammer and 4 others like this.
  12. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

Nice pic Briarboy !

Miami is so freakin hot ... I brought Ashton Gold Rush , MB Scottish Flake , My wifes bulk go to [ Golden Va / slight aro ] and some Middletons Cherry Blend .Yeah , no SWR or LTF . It was 94 degrees today and I'm doing exterior work .... I had a bowl of MB Scottish Flake today in my new Grabow Grand Duke sandblast ... it was awesome , but only one bowl today ... for me thats a rareity . The Middletons will work w/ coffe in the am here but it's pretty humid and crappy , even in the morning . This place sucks real bad in the summer ... no wonder most everyone drives for crap down here ... it's so hot ya can barely think , no less drive . Unless you enjoy being sweaty and light headed ... stay away from this place .. plus , no one hardly says hello when you walk by . Man , in Georgia ... thats super rude . Damn , I'm homesick and I've only been here a few days . I wish the economy didnt take a dump ... then I could work at home , but someone turned off the light switch there . ... Oh , by the way , did ya here the FED is gonna write Europe a line of credit !? On top of everything else .. lets bail out Europe .. yippie . OK , now I'm making myself sick [ lol ]

13. jason1977

jason1977 Active Member

I LOVE that stuff!!! Absolutely love it!!! It's about as sweet as I get, but I am a sucker for Navy Blends. :sailor:

14. jason1977

jason1977 Active Member

Just finished smoking my maiden voyage with Sir Walter Raleigh (Not the aromatic) in my straight Bjarne Apple w. a glass of New Belgium Summer Ale.

Nice. It was bone dry, but a good quick smoke.

Artistik and Rewster66 like this.
  15. jason1977

jason1977 Active Member

Smoking EXACTLY that right now, cob, SWR, but not the aromatic. I'm taking another swing w. it, lol. I usually don't smoke 2 pipes back to back, but this SWR is good.

Artistik, Ted Vig and Rewster66 like this.
  16. Old Codger

Old Codger Well-Known Member

Back to 3P in a Peterson 80S. A little extra humidity does bring this up a good notch. Think I'll bring some 3P with me on next trip east where it's almost 4 thousand feet lower and always higher relative humidity.

Jammer and Rewster66 like this.
  17. Rewster66

Rewster66 Active Member

Just finished up an incredible smoking experience. Escudo (from my buddy Spill), loaded in a no name deep bowled stack pipe that smokes awesome (from my buddy Scottly), sitting on the front porch watching and listening to the rain as it fell on the tin roof while sipping on hot Maxwell House coffee.

Life is good! I am thankful for the friends that I have met here at PSF and love the environment that we have here.

Hats off to my fellow Pipers!!! ;)

18. Trauma

Trauma Active Member

Pine Grove from P&C in my Ropp Cherry wood, Mington got me hooked on this stuff. Ordered six more ounces just the other day.

Rewster66 likes this.
  19. jason1977

jason1977 Active Member

Times like that are exquisite. They can also be ruined by one person & one word. It's that voice we're all familiar with. "Honeeeey....." Usually followed by, "are you busy doing anything right now?" It's like...they know... :xd:

20. Rewster66

Rewster66 Active Member

Your right Jason, but I told her that I just wanted some time to just mellow out and she gladly obliged.:)

jason1977 and Trauma like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.