What Are You Smoking? June, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, Jun 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Old Codger

Old Codger Well-Known Member

A downright beautiful morning here. Been sitting out looking at the rocks with the BST Christmas Pipe burning MacBaren Club Blend. Whole lot of birds seem to be enjoying Led Zep 1 & 4 as much as I am.
    18C(64F)H47%

psquared, YAPPG, dBear and 11 others like this.
  2. SouthBound

SouthBound Active Member

I've been alternating between TH and Bailey Supreme, and I like the TH a good bit more. It has a little more backbone. Right now, Bayou Morning still edges them both out. I really like those sweet red virginias.

psquared, YAPPG, dBear and 9 others like this.
  3. rondel65

rondel65 Misplaces Lighters

Have my pipes laid out before the beer starts flowin'. Company's comming over so I have to go with the crowd pleasers. DGE nosewarmer with McB's Vanilla Flake, Bullitt Cob with some Molto Dolce and rounding it off with a Cherry Cob Mod with SWRA. Really hot day here. Stay cool my friends.
    [​IMG]

psquared, YAPPG, dBear and 13 others like this.
  4. SouthBound

SouthBound Active Member

Dark Flake scented in a Radice Rind Rhodesian.

psquared, jpberg, YAPPG and 12 others like this.
  5. Stormy

Stormy Resident Rain Maker

Getting a late start today.
    Was at the cub cadet parts store at 8:00 am and just now finished mowing. Glad I put a bag of Sugar Barrel in my pocket. Hope the rest of the day is mine. Gonna spend it with Mr. Sam Adams out on the porch while opening my 4noggins order. :)

psquared, YAPPG, dBear and 11 others like this.
  6. user3221

user3221 Active Member

Got my nap in :old:

time for 78 mile country drive

pipe = cherrywood cob
    tobac = rekameMix

YAPPG, dBear, Morse and 7 others like this.
  7. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

Noted. Thanks.
    Haven't tried Bayou Morning yet and need to check it out soon. But until then I have to be content with Telegraph Hill, which is already stuffed in the Bentley Bulldog and will be lit up now.

psquared, YAPPG, dBear and 6 others like this.
  8. jhguthlac

jhguthlac Active Member

I've got most of my chores done, including laundry (almost). During the breaks, I've been smoking MB Plum Cake and MB Vanilla Cream. Now watching the US Open while dinner cooks and smoking CH in my large meers.

psquared, YAPPG, dBear and 12 others like this.
  9. Thuber88

Thuber88 Well-Known Member

Good Afternoon All, started the day with a big pot of coffee, and last nights crumbs in assorted pipes, did some work and cut a couple of boards, might get to sleep in a bed tonight vs the chair. During that I period ,polished off a flake of Walnut(thanks to the Mayor) in the AIC, once the coffee was gone, I am on to I C T in the BGM, and inside with the air on, has gotten a little humid here waiting on the rain as is drizzles in, slowly.
    Now its a nice bowl of R-Blend in the Copenhagen style vintage TB basket pipe, no idea on who made it
    Saw the good news, can't wait to get and smoke my 1st Kaywoodie!! WOOHOO!!

psquared, YAPPG, dBear and 7 others like this.
  10. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Taking a break from an excellent movie and had some Nightcap, in a pre-republic Peterson Shamrock that I got from a yard sale many years ago for $1, whilst cleaning the Kamado to ready it for some freshly caught Pacific Sockeye Salmon, about 1 1/2 lb filet. Having a nice navel orange with a double espresso made with Cuban Coffee on the side.

psquared, YAPPG, dBear and 10 others like this.
  11. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Cubs have a 2-1 lead over the Mets in the 6th. I have a lead on this bowl of FVF in an early '70s pebble relief Savinelli 315 Prince because I'm part way finished with it. Lots to do today. Still can't believe I won something, re: 2013 POY. You folks better take note of it because this is either the being of a winning streak, or the darndest one shot piece of luck you'll see for some time yet.

psquared, YAPPG, dBear and 10 others like this.
  12. jhguthlac

jhguthlac Active Member

NC in the middle of the day? Horrors! Hey, I know, it's good anytime. Shame I can't smoke it in the house anymore. Hey, my wife doesn't run the house, but...! Currently on a mm Harwood filled with Walnut. Wow does it taste good in that pipe. Coke is on the side. As dinner reaches the final cooking stage, it will be a vodka martini on the side in preparation to watching the Phillies and Rockies at 4:00.

psquared, YAPPG, dBear and 8 others like this.
  13. kb7get

kb7get Member

psquared, Old Codger, YAPPG and 7 others like this.
  14. BurgundyRed

BurgundyRed Member

I'd be on the patio but there is a very nice gentle rain falling, so I'm on the back porch enjoying Blue Mountain in my Charatan Lane era rusticated pipe and sipping an almost iced creamed Stuarts Blend coffee.

psquared, Old Codger, YAPPG and 10 others like this.
  15. jhguthlac

jhguthlac Active Member

Last pre-dinner smoke was MB Cherry Ambrosia. What's up after diner? Peterson's Con Choice? We'll find out.

YAPPG, dBear, Morse and 4 others like this.
  16. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

St. James Flake in an old Barling straight Exel 249 Fossil T.V.F. black billiard with a silver band and military bit. I haven't smoked this pipe lately, and it was past time. I wish I could find another old Barling, cleaned, at a reasonable price. This one is such a great smoker! A bottle of Sprite is my drink, and I'm listening to the Braves take a 1-0 lead over the Giants in the 2nd. Pirates lead the Dodgers 1-0 in the 2nd, and the O's are ahead of the BoSox 2-0 in the 2nd. Cards lead 5-0 over the Marlins in the 1st.

psquared, Old Codger, YAPPG and 8 others like this.
  17. LifeOfRiley

LifeOfRiley Active Member

Went to an Erik Stokkebye 4th generation trunk show at McCranie's. Tried a sample of their new 1882 English blend, which is a fairly full ribbon that will be available in tins soon. Big latakia flavor, not much of an oriental note, though he said there is some in it. First impression is that it's good stuff.

psquared, Old Codger, YAPPG and 6 others like this.
  18. WalkinStick

WalkinStick Active Member

I've had Shiner Bock turn my world upside down a few times too :byg:

psquared, YAPPG, dBear and 4 others like this.
  19. SouthBound

SouthBound Active Member

We all seem to have slightly different tastes, and that's good. I get Telegraph Hill, and I understand why it's at the top of many lists. I just find myself wishing it were a little sweeter with more funky spice. I do love that Bayou Morning.

Exhausted Rooster in a cob.

psquared, Old Codger, YAPPG and 8 others like this.
  20. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

Some Bright CR Flake
    is burning in an Istanbul
    bowl at the mo. T-storms
    should be here any minute.

psquared, Old Codger, YAPPG and 6 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.