What Are You Smoking? June, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, Jun 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FlatbushPaul

FlatbushPaul Cellar is located in an undisclosed bunker

Poor Shemp! I heard he never quite recovered from a terrible roller pin accident. The buzz in the neighborhood was he was last seen being pulled in a cart by a Saint Bernard who was being walked by nubile's. Rumor has it they took him to an abandoned warehouse on the south side. He was never seen again!

2. FlatbushPaul

FlatbushPaul Cellar is located in an undisclosed bunker

I'm enjoyin' some Director's Cut, thanks to Fishnbanjo, in a Comoy's Slightly Bent Billiard with fresh brewed Earl Grey ice tea.

3. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

I see you read the National Enquirer. Due to security concerns, we can neither confirm or deny the rumors.

However, thanks to Highstump, I can confirm I'm smoking Edgeworth Slices in a 1984 medium bend black grain etched Savinelli Non Pareil 9310 poker with a horn ferrule. Ice water chilled to the proper temperature by the youngest of the nubiles.

Happy Father's Day! And now, a word from our sponsor:

4. dBear

dBear Active Member

Dan's Sweet Vanilla Honeydew (thanks, SurlySoul!) in a Butz Choquin Maitre Pipier. The vanilla and toasted coconut in this blend is really tasty.

5. gentimmy

gentimmy Active Member

Dramatic night.

Squadron Leader in the meerand a beer...i mean Busch... to calm down before I start punching through drywall :th1:

6. JimInks

Work is done for the night, so I'm relaxing as I watch an episode of Car 54, Where Are You?, and smoking Angler's Dream in a 2013 medium bend Spillproof corndog cob. More ice water.

psquared, fallsguy, Thuber88 and 9 others like this.
  7. Thuber88

Thuber88 Well-Known Member

OOOO OOOO

I'm sure Fred would look back on Car 54 with great nostalgia after being stuck with the Munsters

Lucky Duck, surlysoul, Stormy and 4 others like this.
  8. Mount Mandolin

Mount Mandolin Active Member

WAAAAANT. JD, you are the bane of my existence with that Ashton.

Having a late smoke of London Mixture in a Savinelli Capri Root Briar 512 pot. Great tobaccco, great gnarly Italian pipe. With Savinellis, if you can get the older ones that were not drilled for a filter, you can get yourself a great pipe for not a whole lot of money. Real quality in this one.

Father's Day tomorrow, which means great food and giving dad whatever he wants. Good night folks.

9. dBear

dBear Active Member

Yeah, but the Munsters car was so much cooler! Probably had a marble slab in the back. Speaking of which, I'm smoking Marble Kake in the PSF POY 2013.

10. JimInks

Last smoke before bed is Rekamepip's "Sinphony" Mix in a straight 2012 Rekamepip made Sugar Barrel pipe. Watching Sgt. Bilko as Suzy and Molly are fighting over a catnip toy.

11. Thuber88

Thuber88 Well-Known Member

Barely awake still, but have some vintage Scotch Flake (2005(Thanks to FishnBanjo) in the Aldo Velani Milano, and sort of ice tea in the big green mug

12. dBear

dBear Active Member

MacC 5100 in the Pony Foot.

13. SidStavros

SidStavros Active Member

[​IMG]

Gawith Hoggarth Ennerdale.

14. fordy

fordy Member

Morning all.

Enjoying a bowl of Coniston Cut Plug in a Falcon straight / Plymouth rustic, before venturing up into the Yorkshire Dales for the afternoon. The good woman is packing up a picnic, hope the rain stays away.
    [​IMG]

Edit: The computer worktop isn't as bad as it looks in the photo!! Probably....

psquared, dBear, Thuber88 and 10 others like this.
  15. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Having the last cup from my French Press, which holds 48 ozs of precious, of strong and black Cuban coffee, sipping on a Fritz Becker (the one at 5 o'clock) filled with Davidoff Flake Medallions, good morning PSFer's.

[​IMG]

psquared, dBear, highstump and 14 others like this.
  16. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

Bright CR Flake again
    in the Istanbul hunter.
    happy Father's Day to
    all!

psquared, dBear, Thuber88 and 5 others like this.
  17. porshcigar

porshcigar Member

Princes Street Mixture, in a blasted and bent, stubby dublin.

18. muddler

muddler Active Member

Been packing my kit for a fly fishing trip to Cuba with my brother. We're only leaving in a few days time but I need to get my head around what is going where. Taking a break with FVF in a little GBD.

[​IMG]

19. Artistik

Artistik Active Member

Happy Father's Day!
    Yesterdays' ride about went well, even though "Fresh Market" was out of cooked ribs. I bought a top sirloin roast and had the butcher cut 1/4" thick steaks from it so that I could attempt to make Bistec De Palomilla. When I got home and unwrapped the steaks, I could tell the butcher knew nothing of Cuban cuts of meat. He butchered it (pun intended) leaving very thin strips of meat like steak for sandwiches. That did not deter me so I seasoned some of the meat with sour orange, garlic and other spices and put it in the fridge to marinate for awhile. I lit up a bowl of MacB Plumcake and watched a movie. Later the steaks were marinated long enough, so I poured a glass of Merlot, fired up a bowl of CH and started warming up the electric frying pan. Added a tablespoon of olive oil to the pan and sautéed about half of a red onion. Removed the onion and threw in the meat, turning the meat over frequently to keep from burning. Poured the onions back on top of the meat and simmered for a few minutes. Miss Daisy fixed homemade mashed potatoes and green snap beans we found at the Farmers Market. The Palomilla steak turned out as good as any I have eaten in Miami or Tampa and, even though it was served "Yankee" style (potatoes and green beans vs. rice and black beans and sweet plantains) we weren't complaining when we finished our dinner. An after dinner glass of Brandy and a pipe full of 1Q finished it all for me as we were too full for desert.
    Today I am relaxing with a Sav and RLP-6 and drinking plenty of coffee.

psquared, dBear, Thuber88 and 11 others like this.
  20. TedVig

TedVig total pipeflake

More black ambrosia in a savinelli. Coffee on the side

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.