What Are You Smoking? June, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, Jun 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. User4408

User4408 Active Member

Sounds like you're on your daily 100-mile drive. Hope you reach a Rest Area soon.

Dav Danish in a Sav 122 ...

Morse, WalkinStick, YAPPG and 12 others like this.
  2. psquared

psquared DGErwin, my horse would like a word with you...

Good morning all. EGR in DGE Egg NW, black coffee.

Morse, WalkinStick, YAPPG and 17 others like this.
  3. User3940

User3940 Active Member

Good Morning all. Enjoyed a good cup of strong black coffee and some Walnut in my Gefapip.

Morse, YAPPG, surlysoul and 17 others like this.
  4. Old Codger

Old Codger Well-Known Member

Hyde Park in a Peterson Canadian. Black coffee out of the press. 11C(52F)H83%

Morse, YAPPG, User4408 and 16 others like this.
  5. Lucky Duck

Lucky Duck Active Member

I'm sitting at St. Louis Produce Row, waiting for a truck that may or may not show up with two pallets of green beans for me. The suspense is killing me. Any way, I've lit a bowl of PS LTF in my MM SS GD as I wait to see how this unfolds. Happy smoking

Morse, YAPPG, Old Codger and 15 others like this.
  6. Smokey

Smokey Active Member

SWR, Cob POY, coffee

Lucky Duck, Morse, YAPPG and 13 others like this.
  7. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

The Mizzou is easy to find but the stem is an aftermarket stem called a Forever Stem and you need to purchase it separately, they are offered in many different colors and confirmations but are mad to fit the MM cobs perfectly. The Country Gentleman is a different story since they are not offered with bamboo shanks yet, I have heard a rumor that it is in the making so you might wait and see if this happens and again the stem is a Forever Stem, you could pick up some black bamboo, eBay has some on occasion, then you would need access to a lathe to get the insert to the bowl right, drill through the bamboo which is quite easy and fit the end of the shank for a forever stem, this is also quite easy with the proper size drill. It's why I jumped on this lot when it showed up since I paid about $5 more than one forever stem costs for the group and they all smoke great.

Had some Naked Anni in the modified Country Gentleman,, 3 coffee's and a luscious bowl of fruit for breakfast consisting of nectarines, kiwi fruit, strawberries from our garden and a navel orange then I had Naked Anni in the Mizzou and am sipping on more coffee, good morning PSFer's. :ccup:

Morse, YAPPG, Old Codger and 12 others like this.
  8. SouthBound

SouthBound Active Member

I wish I had a snappy comeback for JimmyInks and dbear, but my brain is on vacation. I'll bear my grudge until it returns.

Kickin' Chicken over Bayou Morning in a large Tanzanian meer billiard.

9. Morse

Morse Active Member

Funnily enough Sweet Killarney and Sunset Breeze are the other two I have tried and CC is definitely better. NI have some Nutty Cut - I need to give that a try.

10. fordy

fordy Member

Good afternoon from a very warm West Yorkshire.

Been playing!

Coniston Cut plug in a Falcon / Super-Dublin bowl!!!
    I had a Peterson Shamrock estate with a badly cracked shank, so cut off the bowl rather than throw away & hey presto. Still needs a tidy up around the base which I will do sometime. It is about 6mm taller than a standard Falcon Dublin, but also a bit lighter.

[​IMG]

Edit:
    For comparison.
    [​IMG]

11. Texhealer

Texhealer Active Member

I guess yesterday was my turn in the barrel, about 5:00 last night a storm front blew in with heavy rain and wind gusts up to 77 MPH, the power went out at 6:15 and didn't come on again till after midnight. Which means I had to ride it out with out weather reports or live Doppler radar. Kind of a bummer cause I really love watching that stuff.

Cool and sunny this morning tho, smoking some Walnut in a black leather covered Longchamp prince that I cleaned up with the intention of selling....now I'm thinking not so much....I think this one is just going in the rack. :( I really need to quit " test smoking" these things if I'm going to sell any.

Lots of black coffee to get me going.

jpberg, Lucky Duck, YAPPG and 14 others like this.
  12. Lithua pipe

Lithua pipe Active Member

Valle Crucis in a Chacom Bulldog, Morning All. Opps forgot the coffee.

jpberg, Lucky Duck, YAPPG and 15 others like this.
  13. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Heading out for a walkabout and to mail some trade stuff, can't call it HATE since it's not for anyone here but what I'm getting in return will become HATE for someone here! :beck:
    On a side note if anyone has been looking to add a Radice Chubby AEROBilliard to there rack NeatPipes is celebrating their 11th birthday and offering 15% off on anything just use the code BIRTHDAY11 at checkout, I purchased a Manduela which took up my PayPal balance and some on my CC but 15% was a big deal, it's in the latest purchase thread. Tsuge being filled up and I need to awaken the lump then jump in the SL500 and giddyap!

14. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

Good morning,
    Just moved 3 boxes of closed tins (40) from under the roof, where I live, down into the basement. 100° F isn't probably the most favorable climate for tobacco. Hopefully I'll simply forget about putting it there at some point and then accidentally find it again in a few years...

Congrats on your pot dog, dBear!! Looks like a big smoker! But isn't it rather the case that your Pot Dog is actually a Pot Rhod? :poke:

Can't smoke a pipe right now - it's just too hot. Maybe in the evening when it cools down a bit.
    [​IMG]

Lucky Duck, YAPPG, Morse and 13 others like this.
  15. user3221

user3221 Active Member

Today might be my day on ebay since others here may be busy doing other things:whis:

Lucky Duck, YAPPG, Morse and 7 others like this.
  16. Marker

Marker Active Member

Had some Beck Ol Limey Bastard in the Invicta Bulldog last night while reading.

Tried Rich's maple steamer in a larger bent Rhodesian the other night. This stuff needs some drying. Like a bit. It didn't burn well at all if I straight packed it. Not sure I like the maple either, but willing to give it another go. Samples are dying by the bowl. Which is what samples are for.

jpberg, Lucky Duck, YAPPG and 14 others like this.
  17. jhguthlac

jhguthlac Active Member

Not at work today. Instead waiting for plumber to fix leaking pipe in the basement. Leaking? Its more like Old Faithful going at it 24/7! Got my Irish Oak in this morning, with Russian Morning Tea. Then finished a pipe of Blue Note that I started last night. JimLink had his night of Braves basement. I had the Phils beating the Nat.s Pap blew the save, first time this year. But he did get the win when we actually got a timely RBI.

jpberg, Lucky Duck, YAPPG and 12 others like this.
  18. TedVig

TedVig total pipeflake

PS Balkan supreme in a cob. Oh:poop:! I really like it...

Lucky Duck, YAPPG, Morse and 14 others like this.
  19. BRotherBriar

BRotherBriar Member

Blue Mountain in a Stanwell Silke Brun 139 (Father's Day gift). Followed by McCranies St. Alban's Best in a Peterson System Standard 303.

TedVig, Lucky Duck, YAPPG and 15 others like this.
  20. Brian Stephen

Brian Stephen Member

Recieved a sample pouch of Sail yellow in the post this A.M.

Smoking it in a Ferndown while watching the rain fall.

TedVig, Lucky Duck, YAPPG and 13 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.