What Are You Smoking? June, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, Jun 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. user3221

user3221 Active Member

Mrs Rekamepip still don't like that i used her food processor for whole leaf tobacco :shead:

MDaws79, Lucky Duck, User4408 and 7 others like this.
  2. Tsal

Tsal Old Timey

Evenin folks. Enjoying some 3p in a Pete Irish Mist on the porch with a café.

MDaws79, surlysoul, psquared and 11 others like this.
  3. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Most of the good food prep stuff here is mine, the Cuisinart, the coffee and espresso machines, the commercial coffee grinder, Kitchenaid mixer and pasta attachments, make my own pizza, bread and pasta from scratch and I have a commercial pizza stone and peel. I designed, and built, the kitchen and chose the appliances, the Weber Q and Kamado Joe, all my cast iron cookware including my mother in law's mother in law's Wagner Dutch Oven which was made sometime in the 1880's she gave it to me rather than her own daughter because I know how to use and care for it. The Mrs has her own pots and pans but she does not use mine nor my knives. I also use an old blade grinder for my fur dubbing for fly tying. I do more than 50% of the cooking as I was born with the cooking gene's which is fact if one were to look up the region in Puglia where I was made, it is considered the Tuscany of the south and 90% of the worlds Durham Wheat is grown there as is 80% of the olives used for olive oil in Italy. Last pipe of the night was the remnants of Naked Anni in the Irving Cobb cob, see everyone in 3-4 pages tomorrow is infusion day and my body is more than ready for it.

MDaws79, surlysoul, psquared and 12 others like this.
  4. gentimmy

gentimmy Active Member

finishing that bowl of squadron leader after a 5 mile ride on some intense technical trails

MDaws79, surlysoul, psquared and 10 others like this.
  5. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

A wonderful spaghetti dinner is followed by a wonderful tobacco: St. James Flake in a 1986 three quarter bend Bacchus face CAO meer. Braves lead the Mets 3-0 in the 4th, Pirates lead the Reds 1-0 in the 4th, Dodgers lead the Yankees 3-0 in the 4th, and Phillies lead the Nats 2-0 in the 5th... the 5th! A 5th! Where is that Saint Bernard anyway?

surlysoul, psquared, Stormy and 12 others like this.
  6. fallsguy

fallsguy Member

He probably can't bear watching the Phillies!

surlysoul, psquared, dBear and 3 others like this.
  7. ShilohHollow

ShilohHollow Anchors Aweigh

Black X/Best Brown mix in a Castello.

psquared, jpberg, Lucky Duck and 10 others like this.
  8. davidmackv

davidmackv Active Member

More Great Outdoors in the Boswell Freehand. Don't think I like this tobacco much. This is my third bowl of it and I am not impressed as of yet.

9. gd9704

gd9704 Member

Escudo Navy Deluxe in my 4 Star billiard.

10. Mount Mandolin

Mount Mandolin Active Member

Good evening. Telegraph Hill in a Squatch.

This just may be the best VaPer on the market. I've gotten to where I like ribbon cut better than flake a lot of the time (because it doesn't take forever to smoke a bowl and doesn't burn as hot), and this is just a perfect blend for me. Citrusy, tangy, just fantastic.

11. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

+1 :toast: Had a bowl earlier today, FANTASTIC blend.

12. Mington

Mington Well-Known Member

McCranie's 1983 Red Ribbon Flake in my Napoleon figurehead meer.:th1:

13. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

I had a bowl of Kendal Dark this morning before my mathematics exam - which brought my grade up to a B-. I only need a C to pass and get credit, but the final is in about a week and a half, and having as high a grade as I can have going into the exam will make me much more comfortable.

Anyway, now I'm having a bowl of Jackknife Plug in the Signature billiard

14. SouthBound

SouthBound Active Member

Evening, fellows.

Louisiana Flake in a Ser Jacopo paneled apple.

surlysoul, psquared, jpberg and 12 others like this.
  15. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

Smoked my first bowl of ERR Match by Altadis . My first impression is , it tastes like an H&H burley blend . The top note is more pronounced than the original and it lacks some or the woodier darker flavor of the original . That said , it aint bad at all . The cut is very similar and the burn as well . Anyone who digs a Hearth and Home burley would enjoy this very much ! It's good in that H&H Old Companion way and is a nice attempt at ERR , though a bit different . The ERR you get today is aged and darker in color and a little darker in flavor than when it was fresh/new . With this in consideration , the match blend is still lighter in flavor , which isn't a big deal .. and it a job well done

16. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

I'm shocked it took you so long...I think the Altadis ERR match is pretty darn good, myself. Not amazing, but very pleasant cocoa-y burley

fishnbanjo, Morse, YAPPG and 3 others like this.
  17. rondel65

rondel65 Misplaces Lighters

Repeat from last nights smoke-Rain cooled evening, Rekamepip briar wood poker and FMOTB. Three Nuns will arrive on Friday. Anxious to see how the new version compares to the old version from the ol'timers. New stuff to me.

18. fallsguy

fallsguy Member

Toughing it out watching the Phillies. They are not for the faint of heart. Some Blue Note in the Yves St Claude with iced tea.

19. Old Codger

Old Codger Well-Known Member

FireDance Flake cradling Irish Flake cradling 1792 cradling 3P in a BST Compact Little Brute. Definitely not a combination to smoke on an empty stomach. 16C(61F)H84%

surlysoul, psquared, Stormy and 12 others like this.
  20. David Emond

David Emond Active Member

Tonight im smoking some Mac Baren Mixture flake in my Altinok Spigot
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.