What Are You Smoking? June, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, Jun 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. David Emond

David Emond Active Member

Hu tobacco needs more exposure, his blends are awesome.

surlysoul, fishnbanjo, YAPPG and 5 others like this.
  2. dBear

dBear Active Member

STRANG RULES!!! :hbang:

Turns out my mailbox also had a big brown stick in it today. Yeah, buddy! Cut a few slices and stuck 'em in the big Sav 315EX. Been through the opener of burley, and the first act of perique, and am now in the main show with the good mix of Va, burley, perique. I'm very glad to have enough of this to last for a while. Gonna be some great smoking ahead!

3. Thuber88

Thuber88 Well-Known Member

5 pages to catch up on, argg.
    Was outside for the afternoon, when I returned home, I mowed the front yard to the tune of SWR in the Frankenpipe, then sat on the deck for a while and had more SWR in a cob.
    Now it is some Reverie(thanks to FishnBanjo) in the Meer Linerereded Smooth TB Rhodelywerollalongesin, and some dirty, sort of filtered well water, contaminated with some jar scrapins from a tea company, at a reduced below room temperature level in the Big Green Mug

4. dwaugh

dwaugh Moderator Moderator

I'm in Canada for the next week or so. Smoking some McClelland 2002 Anniversary from FlatbushPaul.

I took a walk down to the dock.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. David Emond

LOL Simmo must be happy with all the Strang talk going on

surlysoul, dBear, fishnbanjo and 4 others like this.
  6. David Emond

Ohhhhhh In Canada smoking his Canadian pipe :)

7. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

:bag: [​IMG]

8. Morse

Morse Active Member

Evening PSF. Determined not to squander another evening i made time for a bowl of.......................yep GH Brown Flake Scented. Smoking it in the 1 Star, Sunrise finished, 2012 Xmas Tinksy.

9. GlassEye

GlassEye Member

Brown Flake Scented in the Falcon bent billiard.

10. GlassEye

GlassEye Member

Nice choice.

11. Lucky Duck

Lucky Duck Active Member

Last smoke of the day! FMOT in my meer-lined Grabow. The oldest duckling had a ball game this evening. He played third, got on base twice, scored twice. They won. This game was not what you'd call a pitchers dual. More of a slapstick spoof of a ballgame! So much fun to watch. Good ravening everyone!

12. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

The Braves are ahead of the Mets 5-3 in the 8th, Pirates lead the Reds 1-0 in the 9th, and the the Nats and Phillies are knotted at 2-2 in the 10th. Thanks to FishnBanjo, I'm smoking AJ's VaPer in one of the early Radice Tiger Eye G medium bend pipe with a bamboo-style carving on the shank. Unlike Mr. Thuber, I know how to drink a drink. Ice tea chilled properly by the young nubiles under direct supervision of the Saint Bernard.

13. jdto

jdto Well-Known Member

I just realized I haven't smoked my Tinsky B&B LE in 6 months, which is surely a crime of some sort! With all the PADquisitions and subsequent breaking in of the past half-year, this pipe somehow got abandoned in the shuffle. I aim to rectify that tonight with some Dunhill Flake.

[​IMG]

14. Rickpal14

Rickpal14 Member

Can we get theis Strang in the US? After reading so much about it I have to try some!

15. Rickpal14

Rickpal14 Member

St James Flake in my Ser Jacopo Van Gogh Picta 2.

16. jdto

jdto Well-Known Member

I need to try Strang. Pipesimmo might have made a grave error as now his favourite blend will become trendy :D

17. Thuber88

Thuber88 Well-Known Member

Not having a tea mentor, I have only been lerned to stick a tin cup in the bucket when it comes up from the well, never mind the dead bird oil on top, its just seasoning, then toss in spoonful of jarred tea flavored dirt, and swirl it around so you don't have to chew while you drink, then if there is a piece of the block of ice left in the ice box, I toss it in the cup for good measure, its a dirty drink, but it puts hair on your chest, something those dilettante artistic types would know nothing about, let alone any nubiles or doggies of ill repute and alcoholic tendencies:p:

18. MainePipe

MainePipe Member

In the past few days it has been Cherry Blend in a spillcob, Uhles Perfection Plug in the same spillcob, Sugar Barrel in a MM Legend, CH in the 2013 POY, Uhles Blend 44 in a Grabow Rivera. All pretty decent smokes...

19. p120d16y

p120d16y Active Member

been out of town for about a week, didn't smoke for about 4 days. Today, however, I've had some LNF and Brit's Balkan.

20. user3221

user3221 Active Member

Strang ( thanks Lucky Duck ! )
    in the Kaywoodie POY thanks to all involved in the pipe of the year project !

win win

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.