1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

What Are You Smoking? June, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, Jun 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. user3221

user3221 Active Member

[​IMG]

2. genuine

genuine Member

3. krusty

krusty Active Member

Peterson Irish Flake in my Peterson Tankard (old style with the stick bit), more coffee, more bourbon.

[​IMG]

4. rondel65

rondel65 Misplaces Lighters

Good Evening Ladies and Gentleman, Hot day here in my part of Texas. Smoked a bowl of Brigham's Acadian Blend in my Stanwell 643. Glass of ice cold sweet tea on the side. Second bowl of this blend for me. A little better than the first bowl but still lacking a good Perique presence. Maybe with a little aging it might improve. Y'all have a fine fine evening!
    [​IMG]

5. Smokey

Smokey Active Member

CB Dark in a Lark. I am beginning to really enjoy a small bowl pipe lately because I can smoke more bowls of different stuff in the evening.

6. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

Last bowl of LPF in the tomato. :eek: Lemonade in a tall frosty mug to drink.

7. krusty

krusty Active Member

Last bowl?
    This is sad to read. You must get you more!

8. Texhealer

Texhealer Active Member

Wow I'm liken the "Kleen it".

Smoking Va#1 in an old Linkman's small paneled prince with the evening coffee, watching Elementary on the tube.
    I am definitely ordering more of this....just can't decide on a pound or half a pound.

9. TedVig

TedVig total pipeflake

Blakeney's best bayou slice in a 60's Kriswill Canadian. This stuff is best on the dry side.

10. Old Codger

Old Codger Well-Known Member

FireDance Flake cradling Grousemoor in a BST Compact Little Brute. Earl Grey tea. Listening to Part 3 of As It Happens on the radio. I find the range of topics covered in one show quite interesting. From child kidnapping for the theatre during the reign of Elizabeth I to a reaction to the trial of Rios Montt in Guatemala.
    http://www.cbc.ca/asithappens/?cmp=keymatch

Still raining. 16C(61F)H70%

11. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

The Onyx was great, of course. Now, it's on to Year 2003 Dunbar with added Percy Martin Farms year 1991 perique in a medium bend 1983 Ascorti New Dear KS. I haven't finished my bottle of NuGrape soda, but I'm not totally in the slacker mode because I'm working this evening. Dodgers lead the Padres 1-0 in the first, the Rays are about to finish off the Yankees 8-3 in the 9th, and the Cardinals lead the Cubs 3-1 in the 6th. The Braves just lost to the Mets 4-3. Hard to believe the Braves let the dumpy Mets win 3 out of 5 games. The sound you hear is me shaking my head at that.

12. dBear

dBear Active Member

What, you got a few loose marbles in there? :laff:

13. dBear

dBear Active Member

I'm completely stuffed with a pair of Arby's beef 'n cheddar sammiches. The PSF POY 2013 is stuffed with a Virginia mix from my local B&M.

14. Rickpal14

Rickpal14 Member

Whenever in doubt always order more.........;o)

15. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

Bull S*** !!

16. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

It is sad! You can bet I will! Was behind some other jar and I had forgotten to reorder it last month.

Oh, well Got some Cambridge Flake going now, so I'll suffer thru it! :rolleyes::toast:

17. Morse

Morse Active Member

Quoting myself - probably a new low - even around here ;).

Anyhow I did crack open the tin of 1957 and also opened a jar of 7 Seas Gold - the gold had been tinned for a couple of years and jarred for one so the color was darker than the 1957. Nonetheless there do seem to be some remarkable similarities between the two. I dried a couple of batches using the lamp method - the room smelled like baking cookies when I was done. The first batch I accidentally and unceremoniously dropped on the carpet, the second managed to make it into the bowl of my Pietenpauw billiard. All in all 1957 is a fine smoke but nothing remarkable. I am a big fan of the 7 Seas line for inexpensive aromatics, and would probably take one of them over the 1957 if I was looking for a simple enjoyable smoke, some Peterson's Connoisseurs Choice or Dan's Blue Note if I wanted something richer (albeit something that requires a bit more care).

So MBV I think you may be onto something with this - the two tobaccos (7Seas Gold and 1957) might not be twins but they certainly attend the same family reunion.

18. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

working on a big bowl of Kendal Dark in the L'Anatra, Wu-Tang on the side, and soon either iced tea or seltzer

fishnbanjo, Jack Wagon, Morse and 9 others like this.
  19. Coda

Coda Well-Known Member

PA in a MM Diplomat, straight, drought era...and a G&G (Gin and Ginger Ale)...

20. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Three more than you have! :poke: :toast: :xd:

Thanks to Flatbush Paul, I'm smoking Kendal's #7 in a 1970s slight bend black sandblasted Comoy's Silver Cloud 624. Nice stuff! Still working, but now drinking ice water chilled to the proper temperature. Dodgers lead the Padres 1-0 in a certain inning I hate to mention. :dkn:

fishnbanjo, Jack Wagon, Morse and 9 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.