What Are You Smoking? June, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, Jun 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thuber88

Thuber88 Well-Known Member

I was referring to them giving you free tobacco.
    I understand your comment though

2. Thuber88

Thuber88 Well-Known Member

About 4 bowls or half bowls of assorted, unnamed podges, I have lost track.
    Now its Scotch flake(thankul 2 Fishn Banjo) in der GBD/Comoy Zulu Bumtard pipe, and ice tea

3. krusty

krusty Active Member

Gawith, Hoggarth & Co. Louisiana Perique Flake (This ones for you YAPPG) in my Altinok.
    And again with coffee and bourbon. Added chocolate to the coffee this time 'round.

[​IMG]

4. Ridwaan Gallow

Ridwaan Gallow Member

Morning all you stale winded PSF'ers.. this morning saw me sadder than sad.. after enjoying the very last bit of Borkum Riff Gold Standard Vanilla Cherry which was in the tin.. i noticed a familiar shaped piece of black plastic lying beside the fridge.. sure enough, when i checked it out, i found two of my pipes, one MM cob & briar billiard lying dead on the floor.. my only thought is that my darling little boy had once again slammed the fridge door and caused the two pipes to go flying without wings..

I looked at him as he was still sleeping when i left for work , the only thought in my head was that he is only three years old and wouldn't understand what he did even if i'd explain it to him.. so i just put the two pipes in the drum & set off to work.. here in South (crap) Africa, getting a new stemmade up would cost me a "nut" or more.. andif i should let his mom see what he did.. my little boy would end up paying very "sorely" for such an innocent action.. he just likes to hear the sound of the fridge door as it gives a thump when it closes..

So tonight.. it'll have to be some Carter Hall, in the Peterson 314..

5. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Thanks to Highstump, I'm smoking Edgeworth Slices in a 1984 medium bend black grain etched Savinelli Non Pareil 9310 poker with a horn ferrule. Back to work.

6. Hugepom

Hugepom Member

Boswell's Best in a Country Gent.

7. User4408

User4408 Active Member

Looking forward to your reaction!

Because I hold Stokkebye in extremely high regard, it was a bitter disappointment when I sampled the 1855, 1897, and 1957. And I was looking so forward to the whole 4th Generation line, hoping they would be a new wave of high-quality smokes. After all, the LBF/LNF/LTF trio are three of my favorite standbys.

MB 7 Seas Gold is an excellent bargain smoke, though a bit light for my taste. The casing in 1957 is superior in its creaminess and depth. However, it's not so superior as to warrant the hugely inflated price tag IMHO.

OGS in a Sav 122 ...

8. dBear

dBear Active Member

Strang ( :hbang: ) in the Tom Howard pot dog. Filtered water in a dirty glass.

MDaws79, YAPPG, fishnbanjo and 14 others like this.
  9. User4408

User4408 Active Member

Ain't that a fact! The greatest shape in the world, in my not so humble. Didn't like the look of them at first, but the smoking qualities are fantastic. And once it arrived, it looked a LOT better up close than in pictures. A true beast, but a beast with style.

Finishing up some OGS in a Sav 122 ...

10. dBear

dBear Active Member

So, dis low down gutter rat name o' Rekamepip sends me all dis tobacco, see? So, natural like, I loads it up in dis rock cob, see? And I starts smoking it, see? Well, whaddya think this knucklehead sent me? I gives you one guess, myeah. Eddie G. Dat's right, Eddie G. Robinson, myeah.

11. JimInks

Yer musclin' in on my territory, see. Scratchy, Slats, and me don't like it, see. Gonna pay you a visit, see. By the time dey find wha' happened to you, I'll have smoked all yer tobacco, see. Myeah, ya mug!!

Finally finished work and am half way through this bowl of Anniversary Kake (thanks to FishnBanjo) in a smooth 1979 Chippendale (Charatan second) Rhodesian 49. I'm still having ice water as my drink, and I'm not sharing it with dBear! Hey, man. I hope you're enjoying the EGR!

MDaws79, highstump, YAPPG and 14 others like this.
  12. dBear

dBear Active Member

Ooh, I'm shakin' in my boots, Fat Man! :rolleyes: Yiz have got me all a-flutter with the, what they call, trepidations. Myeah.

Yeah, the EGR is pretty good. Nice little sweetness to it. (But it makes you talk funny.)

MDaws79, highstump, YAPPG and 12 others like this.
  13. JimInks

I didn't know you even owned a set of boots. And you talk funny anyway!!! :xd: Glad you like it, buddy!

MDaws79, YAPPG, fishnbanjo and 8 others like this.
  14. dBear

dBear Active Member

Yep, you did a good thing. And did I read that 4Noggins is selling EGR by two ounce packages now? :thu:

MDaws79, YAPPG, fishnbanjo and 8 others like this.
  15. JimInks

YAPPG, fishnbanjo, Jack Wagon and 5 others like this.
  16. SidStavros

SidStavros Active Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hearth and Home AJ's VaPer.

ruffinogold, MDaws79, YAPPG and 20 others like this.
  17. user3221

user3221 Active Member

Morning Coffee and a bowl of granger tobacco in my maplewood pipe

while packing up the last two months of work into a box to take to the Pipe and Tobacco Show in Kansas City

ruffinogold, MDaws79, YAPPG and 16 others like this.
  18. jpberg

jpberg Moderator Moderator

That was chock full of good stuff last night. I can get it in the Catskills through the local PRI station down there, so it's one of the few shows that I can listen to year 'round.

MDaws79, YAPPG, dBear and 11 others like this.
  19. porshcigar

porshcigar Member

The Smoker Woodsman, in a blasted billiard, for the TGIF smoke.

MDaws79, YAPPG, dBear and 13 others like this.
  20. Artistik

Artistik Active Member

Good Friday morning all!
    Celebrating TGIF day with good old Carter Hall in a Pre-draught Country Gentleman and hot coffee on the side.

MDaws79, YAPPG, dBear and 15 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.