What Are You Smoking? June, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, Jun 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

My after lunch smoke is Orlik's Three Nuns tinned version in a smooth three quarter bend 1970s Charatan Belvedere 4211DC. I've just enough for one last bowl of it. A bottle of Sprite is my drink as I listen to the MLB talk on the XM. Going to work in a few minutes.

2. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

Oh yeah! It's OGS season!

Lucky Duck, MDaws79, YAPPG and 9 others like this.
  3. user3221

user3221 Active Member

cata.jpg

4. Old Codger

Old Codger Well-Known Member

Been an interesting past few hours. Downtown is flooded and 75-100,000 people have been evacuated. Twenty or so staying at my place here in the city, another 30 here with me at my buddy's house, and I have no idea how many from High River at my place down south. Pulled the cars out of the garage and there's a dozen hammocks in there as well now. A bit crowded but you can't argue with a five year old bringing you your pipe, pouch and coffee first thing in the morning, after sleeping on the floor, being a pretty great way to start the day.
    So, I'm sitting outside in the covered deck with Painter Hills in a BST Compact Little Brute. It's pouring down hard, with more forecast. 12C(54F)H85%
    https://twitter.com/search/realtime?q=#yycflood&src=hash

5. FlatbushPaul

FlatbushPaul Cellar is located in an undisclosed bunker

Compton's Reserve #21 in a Castello Slightly Bent Prince with ice tea on the side. Maxim is a pure genius!

6. FlatbushPaul

FlatbushPaul Cellar is located in an undisclosed bunker

Hey OC,
    That is mighty grand of you to help others like that. Stay safe and dry my friend! Keep us informed.

Paul

7. jpberg

jpberg Moderator Moderator

How close is your place to High River?

Indeed. It's one of the main reasons we're here.

Lucky Duck, YAPPG, surlysoul and 8 others like this.
  8. Morse

Morse Active Member

I listen on the CBC app or via podcast - it's good stuff

YAPPG, surlysoul, Lithua pipe and 5 others like this.
  9. Old Codger

My place south, is west of Longview. High ground. The PSF member map position is as close as I could get it.

Here in the city both places are also high ground so no problem.

Lucky Duck, p120d16y, YAPPG and 8 others like this.
  10. Marc Freeman

Marc Freeman Member

This is so easy now :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

11. Old Codger

CBC is pretty good at streaming online. I download a lot of the programs as podcasts and listen to them in the car.

MDaws79, YAPPG, Lithua pipe and 8 others like this.
  12. jpberg

I subscribe to a boatload of the CBC podcasts, the problem at camp is that cellphone reception is, well, there is no cellphone reception. I do, however, have a lovely Bell Telephone Company telephone, with genuine Bakelite body.

p120d16y, YAPPG, surlysoul and 11 others like this.
  13. ShortyK

ShortyK Member

Orlik GS in a SAV Leonardo...

14. JimInks

I needed a short, sweet smoke, and FishnBanjo provided that with this bowl of Georgetown Tobacco Reverie in a straight 1979 MM Legend. Same bottle of Sprite and listening to Fibber McGee and Molly on the XM. And if you're curious, we did name our Molly after the radio character.

15. psquared

psquared DGErwin, my horse would like a word with you...

Good man OC.

I recognize the Stampede grounds, spent a week in Calgary back in '91. Nice city, hope everyone stays safe.

16. jpberg

My Grandmother called my boyhood bedroom "Fibber McGee's closet" for years before I had any idea what she was talking about.

No smoke, Copenhagen.

MDaws79, p120d16y, jhguthlac and 13 others like this.
  17. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Well, I jut went outside for a big bowl of Kendal Dark in the L'Anatra. It was quite pleasant! This was my after-lunch smoke, my brother took me to an Indian restaurant for my birthday (bit belated, but we've both been busy), so it really was nice to come back and have a sit in the sunshine and smoke my pipe.

Oh yeah, and I also found an email when I got home from the restaurant. I made the Dean's List for spring semester. I think I'll need a fancier cigar tonight than a Marsh Wheeling or Muniemaker. Maybe even one that comes with a band :D

18. JimInks

I thought about smoking a cigar, but I had a craving for Full Virginia Flake in a straight 1968 Dunhill Shell bulldog. I haven't smoked this in several days, and my taste buds offered a request for it, so I happily gave in. I'm still listening to radio shows, and Burns and Allen are about to come on.

19. Old Codger

Congrats Nesta on making the Dean's list. You must have been busting ass. Good on you.

Children are opening all the tobaccos, smelling them and then deciding which one they want me to smoke next. Connoisseurs Choice in a Peterson Canadian was the last one chosen. I think some of the parental units have mixed feelings ranging from laughing about the smoking thing and/or wondering if I'm the corrupting influence they perhaps think they ought to feel I am. This is one of those times that a house with three bathrooms is a very good thing. 11C(52F)H86% Still raining.

Lucky Duck, p120d16y, jpberg and 17 others like this.
  20. Thuber88

Thuber88 Well-Known Member

Swr in a cob, and ice tea, and finished off a couple of dregs from yesterday as well

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.