What Are You Smoking? June, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, Jun 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. psquared

psquared DGErwin, my horse would like a word with you...

I vote for benign corruption.

p120d16y, jpberg, YAPPG and 7 others like this.
  2. User3940

User3940 Active Member

Is that a label or do they actually paint "Smoking kills" on the tin? What a terrible way to mess up an otherwise nice looking tin that someone may be interesting in collecting. I call bull:poop:. Where is the big "Drinking kills" label on the whisky bottle? Or the "Fire kills" label on the lighter. CRAP, total CRAP.

Okay, I'm done. Move on.

3. Marc Freeman

Marc Freeman Member

It's a label, same as on all tobacco sold in the UK.
    The Powers That Be need to save us all from ourselves.
    And our pleasures.

4. mecompco

mecompco Active Member

Finished up the leftover bowl of HBB this morning (not sure a big nic hit at 4 a.m. is that good an idea!), then had a bowl of McLellan's Samsun in the Meer billiard. Had a bowl of CH in the POY on the drive to work, and another half bowl during a lunch-time drive. I imagine I will have one more driving home. Tonight, I'm thinking about hitting the PK hard for my daily Lat fix.

5. SidStavros

SidStavros Active Member

McClelland 221b series Honeydew.

Lucky Duck, p120d16y, jpberg and 16 others like this.
  6. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

Lucky Duck: Thank you for wishing me good luck. It worked, I wennt really well and the client was very happy.
    Brian Stephen: You said you smoked Strang, but did you also like it ?
    Marc Freeman: Awesome Baskerville!
    OC: You'r a good man, stay safe and dry.

PipeSimmo= First real bowl of the day, GL Pease Blackpoint in Tinsky Xmas 2012 Tanblast - NOW.

[​IMG]

7. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

The brown truck came to my house, but the big package was stuff for m'lady. I hadn't ordered anything anyway, but hope still springs eternal! Hope (and Crosby) aside, I know I'm enjoying this bowl of HU Edward G. in a 2001 medium bend straight grain Karl Erik freehand with a silver ferrule. Thanks to FishnBanjo for the tobacco. This is a really good mixture, totally different than the American EGR, and I could see smoking this a lot, too. A bottle of Pepsi made with pure cane sugar is my drink. I wish Sam's Club would get the Mexican Coke back in.

8. Marc Freeman

Marc Freeman Member

Thanks Dr.Strang Love, it's been one of my favourites for a long time now.

9. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

I love my Deerstalker, the only Sherlock Holmes I own - definitely "need" more pipes of this lineup!

10. JoeSmall

JoeSmall Member

Was at work bored as all get out cause my client was in bed isolating while I was stuck hanging out in the living room when I remembered I had my on the go kit in my work bag so I went out to the car pulled out the bag chair, sat in the shade and had a bowl of prince Albert in the country gentleman from Missouri. I should put my pipe of the year in my kit but it was the first briar I bought and I'm worried about losing or breaking it. On the other hand the cobs are damn good smokers and cheap enough not to break my heart if they come up missing or broke.

11. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

Marc posts a pic with a bottle
    of 15 year old Port Ellen, and
    you're worried about a little
    tin coverage? Priorities, man!!
    ;)

CH in an apple bowl.

Marc, I want a sample of
    That malt, and send me one
    of those glasses! PLEEEEEEEASE?!?!

MDaws79, p120d16y, Artistik and 12 others like this.
  12. Stormy

Stormy Resident Rain Maker

Just loaded up the savinelli bent brandy with some Mac B. navy mix.
    This is Friday, Right??

13. SidStavros

SidStavros Active Member

Greek Army: when we went first time in the Grenade range at late 80's they told us a story,happened few years before in the same place.A Newbie with a "pineapple" in his hand and a Second Lieutenant are standing,the idiot Rookie makes the same mistake as above,the SL push him away and swarm on the grenade,covers it with his body to absorb the explosion. Everybody from the whole Company ducked and expected the "boom". After 3-4 seconds a small "paff" was heard,some raise their heads and saw the SL motionless and the stupid Newbie shouting "Aaaaaa",they approached crawling with heads down and they turn the SL,a small hole in the battle dress but was untouched! The grenade was defective! Thank God,who could expect this? The God save them that day,they both could be in pieces.
    The Lieutenant Colonel start shouting to the Newbie "20 days in prison",the Captain "you m@l@k@s, i f@ck your Chr.... and your Hol... Mar... " and everybody start making Cross with their hands as the SL rose up alive.Nobody could believe this. Due to this incident the Grenade throws stopped,they improved the range and before throwing real grenades there are more intensive lessons with M69.The brave SL was Honoured and promoted.

Lucky Duck, p120d16y, jpberg and 15 others like this.
  14. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Not much smoking got done today, had TBotBB in the Mizzou with the plum Forever Stem on the way to wait for the DAV van, then had a few puffs of same in the MM Diplomat which I then zipped up and finished on the ride home after being returned by the DAV van. We had a Fisherman's platter with a side of Onion Rings, and then I brought the boys out for ablutions and came up to catch up here only to get lost in the Sid Stavros video, and after just getting over it I see it on the next page and was lost again for a bit. Laid down with a book to help my swollen legs go down and just had a nice stacked smoke of TBotBB topped with Naked Anni in the Maigurs Knets Calabash, hello PSFer's. I do have a coffee, black next to me. :ccup:

p.s. to Dr. Strang Love, I liked the Strang, it has nice flavor but I did not let it dry up enough as my impatience got the best of me, it will not happen again. :oops:

15. davidmackv

davidmackv Active Member

Boswell's Bear Blend in MM Legend

16. user3221

user3221 Active Member

Kind of a boring day round here
    packed and ready for trip since early morning

so for now biding my time with a hot cup of coffee
    and a bowl of whatevertheheck i loaded in my maple wood pipe last night

bored.jpg

17. Marc Freeman

Marc Freeman Member

Snake, if ever you're passing this way stop by
    And you will be welcome to a sample (and I have others aswell)
    Only got the one glass and sorry but you can't have it.

18. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Now, it's time for Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 1982 black sandblasted paneled slight bend Savinelli flat bottom sitter. A glass of ice tea is my drink.

19. Old Ted

Old Ted Active Member

several bowls of Dark XX plug in this 1950's Yello Bole 'Canadian' - accompanied by several tots of navy rum!, and I'm ready for BED! :(
    [​IMG]

20. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

Sante, hope you don't suffer that much. Swollen legs doesn't sound enjoyable. Get well! Please.
    I admit the little piece of Strang you got is really fresh and it needs an adequate drying time, but then it develops really nice flavors.

My next and last smoke before bed will be Dan Tobaccos St Bernard in a Pete. Good night all! :bing:

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.