1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

What Are You Smoking? June, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, Jun 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Morse

Morse Active Member

Nice picture OT

Lucky Duck, p120d16y, YAPPG and 6 others like this.
  2. Old Ted

Old Ted Active Member

thanks!, a 'fast' lens (f2) and higher iso setting (I think it was 1600) always gives a better result than those nasty flashguns IMO (or do you guys call them strobes? - whichever, I don't like 'em!)
    OT

p120d16y, Thuber88, YAPPG and 8 others like this.
  3. WrightwoodJohn

WrightwoodJohn Wrightwood expatriate

Finishing up some SH Exotique in a Comoy's Royal, with a couple of bottles of Red Hook.
    It's good to be home.
    [​IMG]

4. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

f/2 at 1600 is a good combo, my Nikon 200 f/2 likes that in low light with the D3. Went to the upstairs pipe rack and was looking which pipe to have for the night when I thought I heard "Dance for 2 coins". I'm like where the hell did that come from and since I got a new hearing aid today and will be getting a second due to some experimentation the audiologist did I figured I thought I heard something when it happened again "Dance for 2 coins".

I looked around and when I turned my head I saw the Manduela had moved forward from where I had it perched so I picked it up and it said "Dance for 2 coins". I nearly dropped it and took some Davidoff Flake Medallions down only to find I'd somehow put away an empty container and the only coins I had ready to smoke were the Dunhill Deluxe Navy Rolls so I did a quick crumble and rub then filled the bowl, it was the best dance I've had in awhile............

[​IMG]

5. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

My internet connection is wacky and moving slower than a snail on crutches. So, I'll be brief and hope later is better. Dunhill Deluxe Navy Rolls in a very early Ascorti straight New Dear KS billiard with a smooth shank. Braves and Brewers are on later.

6. Old Codger

Old Codger Well-Known Member

It's stopped raining. There's even some patches of blue sky. Heading outside with my audience to enjoy some LEO in a Peterson Dracula 03. Just saw something I didn't believe could happen. Three women, one Czech, one Vietnamese and one Saskatchewan farm girl of Ukranian descent ALL together COOKING in one kitchen at the same time and LAUGHING.
    The smells in there made me loosen my belt one notch in anticipation.
    13C(55F)H82%

Lucky Duck, p120d16y, jpberg and 15 others like this.
  7. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

Evening all! Lost internet sometime this am and was down when I got out of bed. Just now came back up. :msty: Smoked a lot of tobak and was out and about. Now i'm smoking some McC 5110, Dark English Full. It ain't that full! It's ok...don't think it's all that much Froggy either. Just 4 pages behind, i'd better get at it.

8. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

oO :xd:

9. highstump

highstump Active Member

:haha: Never heard that one before, but I do plan to use it.

I have not had a real busy week but I have been just plain LAZY. So, how lazy do you have to be to not get on the computer? Well have patience friends, my research is not yet complete and there is more grant money to be had so I will publish my findings later...much later. In the meantime I am smoking Haddo's in a Peterson Kinsale and drinking a Dutch Brothers Mocha from a recycled cup (I am all about the environment ya know).

OK...the truth is my folks left it to me with us all upset about the Russians putting a basketball in orbit and being all set to take over the world. I figure if I leave my kids with a few extra landfills....meh.:ccup:

10. Morse

Morse Active Member

Agreed - no flash is always better

YAPPG, surlysoul, Lithua pipe and 2 others like this.
  11. Rickpal14

Rickpal14 Member

McClelland Christmas Blend 2012 in a Ser Jacopo Van Gogh Picta 2.

And since imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, I will fill in for jiminks.... Red Sox over the Tigers 6-1 top 4th.

12. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Wow look at the S car go! You think that's slow, we've had it so slow it was like watching molasses flow uphill in January in Maine!

13. BAMAFAN

BAMAFAN Member

New 3Nuns in a Radice. Man this is one cool blend. No bite/burn at all and I puff hot. I will try it with Perique later. I can hardly wait to try it blended with Perique with some age. This is one delicious Va.. Aroma and taste are not too sweet, just right for me.

14. Rickpal14

Rickpal14 Member

Just saw something I didn't believe could happen. Three women, one Czech, one Vietnamese and one Saskatchewan farm girl of Ukranian descent ALL together COOKING in one kitchen at the same time and LAUGHING.

I think I rented that movie in my hotel late one night on my last business trip!!!! ;o)

15. Brit abroad

Brit abroad Active Member

Odyssey in a Peterson with lots of strong tea, working on my next tobacco order, I'm thinking Twist, maybe Rum, Black or Brown, definitely Ten Russians and Dunhill Nightcap, possibly FVF, I need some good strong stuff, what am I missing, I want to get bulk, I'm ordering from 4Noggins, oh Balkan flake, Rum Flake and Pirate Kake.

16. highstump

highstump Active Member

Safer too. Last time I used a flash I damn near went to jail.

MDaws79, jpberg, Thuber88 and 10 others like this.
  17. Dubble Bubble

Dubble Bubble Member

Been smoking Altadis Burley Delight all day. A true Old Codger kinda thing. Summer will do that to ya.

18. user3221

user3221 Active Member

car cleaned

beer acquired

steaks on grill

tobacco drying

eat, smoke, sleep
    then off to kansas city at 4 in the morning :bdance:

19. Mington

Mington Well-Known Member

Red Cake 5100 in my ebony Imp meer. :thu:

20. dBear

dBear Active Member

Classic Burley Kake in a DGE Chunky Elegancy.

Have great luck at the KC show tomorrow, Rekamepip!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.