1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

What Are You Smoking? June, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, Jun 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lithua pipe

Lithua pipe Active Member

GLP Westminster in a Cob

2. Brian Stephen

Brian Stephen Member

Yes, been smoking up my sample about all day. I suppose I should look into acquiring more. Where can this be purchased? Also, are there different types of Strang or is this recipe unique?
    All in all, I really like this super spicy blend. The first third of the bowl is very tangy. Some may even call it bite, but not so, imo. About mid way through, it settles into a spicy, but smooth and satisfying smoke.
    I'm not even sure about the ingredients and would love to learn more.

3. Rickpal14

Rickpal14 Member

Dunhill Flake in a Mauro Armellini cherrywood

4. Brian Stephen

Brian Stephen Member

More Strang in a Ben Wade.

Bottled H2O OTS.

5. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Thanks! I'm enjoying an incredible cigar right now in celebration - The Griffin's robusto. I like mild cigars, but am rarely impressed by them...either they're good or they're mediocre...rarely exceptional, as my tastes gravitate toward more full bodied cigars.

But this...this is in a different league, up there with AVO's flagship blend. Sublime :D

6. DGErwin11

DGErwin11 Moderator Moderator

CH in a bent KW Saxon. Sweet iced green tea.

7. Mount Mandolin

Mount Mandolin Active Member

I'm a little late to the party on this, but I contacted friend Simmo and arranged to get some Strang. Really tasty stuff, lots of Perique! Smoking it in this Dunhill Shell LBS:

[​IMG]

Thanks very much Simmo. Glad I finally shaped up and got some of this, it's lovely. Anyone tried chewing it yet?

8. rondel65

rondel65 Misplaces Lighters

Well, I started off with the new Three Nuns in a fresh cob in order to get a good clean taste. After a couple of lights I settled down and started to puff and slowly sip trying to draw the flavors in. It started to taste a little bitter and I was thinking, "What the ?" It's got to be better than this. Put the cob down after a few minutes and went to load my new Rekamepip poker with Three Nuns. I put two bowls already through this pipe and had excellent smokes so I trust this pipe. Loaded up the poker and I lit her up. I started to get that tickeling feeling in my nose that I get from Latakia. Few more puffs and I was closing one eye and thinking this stuff may not be for me. Not very interesting at all. Left a flat bitter taste on my tongue. Could be I'm trying it at a bad time. Just got through cutting the grass and have an empty stomach right now. Smells great in the tin. Anxious to see what other people think especially those who smoked the previous version. Going to hit some Blue Mountain later. Need to get my taster on the right track.

9. surlysoul

surlysoul Sales Account

Finally home from work and smoking Rattray's Marlin Flake in a DGE briar beak baker while drinking beer.

10. DGErwin11

DGErwin11 Moderator Moderator

Beak baker. I like that.:thu:

11. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

My internet connection seems to be okay now, which is more than I can say for the Braves as they are losing 2-0 to the Brewers in the 8th. The Pirates have a 3-0 lead over the Angels in the second, Boston beat the Tigers 10-6, and the Dodgers lead the Padres 1-0 in the 2nd. Thanks to FishnBanjo, I am smoking Year 1998 Orlik Golden Slices in a 1982 near full bend egg shaped Ascorti Business KS with a black ferrule and saddle stem. Talk about a smooth, citrus-like, tasty smoke: this is it! A can of Mountain Dew is my drink. More work to do.

Memo to Highstump: I made up that "snail and crutches" comment on the spot, but go ahead and use it. Any man who trades me a tin of Edgeworth Slices deserves at least that!

Memo to Rickpal: thanks for filling in for me!

12. Rickpal14

Rickpal14 Member

Anytime jiminks.... Looks as if you are into baseball as much as I am. Red Sox fan here.......

Lucky Duck, Morse, psquared and 5 others like this.
  13. rondel65

Love me some Marlin Flake!

14. rondel65

Going to head out to the sunroom, open the windows and listen to the crickets while smoking a bowl of Blue Mountain in an old Pete Kildare. Little bit of bourbon on the side before I call it a night. Good night my friends!

15. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

Got a little Strang, thanks Simon, in a big fat apple . Lemonade to drink.

16. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Thanks to Highstump, I'm smoking 2008 Edgeworth Ready Rubbed in an old medium bend grain etched Ben Wade Prominence B freehand. I'm near the end of this trade sample, but am enjoying it while it lasts. Ice tea chilled carefully and with the right glass is my drink. The Pirates are beating the Angels 4-0 in the sixth, and the Reds are leading the D-Backs 6-3 in the unmentionable inning. Giants lead the Marlins 3-1 in the... oh, who cares what inning it is? I need a drink now!!!

17. jdto

jdto Well-Known Member

Dunhill Flake for my first smoke in my '69 Dunhill Canadian.

[​IMG]

18. Mount Mandolin

Mount Mandolin Active Member

Another bowl: Magnum Opus (thanks to JimInks) in a Neerup Danish bulldog sorta thing. Good stuff.

The lightning bugs are going bonkers here.

19. DMWyatt

DMWyatt Member

Irish Flake in a Thompson bent billiard. I'm not sure if it's the fact that the pipe is heavily caked with PA, but there's a sweetness I'm getting out of the Irish Flake, that has never manifested in other pipes. I'm not certain if I like it or not. I tend to like my Va's more on the savory side.

20. Thuber88

Thuber88 Well-Known Member

Thanks to FishnBanjo I am smoking some 2002 Crown Achievement in the Peterson 120 Smooth Straight Billiard, and ice tea in BGM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.