What Are You Smoking? June, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, Jun 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ruralhipster

ruralhipster Member

Rough day. Smoked a cob full of three blind moose followed by Blackpool in a vintage yello-bole billiard driving out to work, got halfway to Saskatchewan when I got the call the job is weather delayed so I turned back and enjoyed a bowl of cherry blend in a cob and some Firedance Flake in a Falcon driving back home. I shouldn't complain, my niece used to live in High River yesterday, now she lives in my basement.

Lucky Duck, Old Codger, jdto and 9 others like this.
  2. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Still working and listening to MLB talk on the XM. And I'm smoking the last of my stash of Orlik's Three Nuns tinned version in a 2003 medium bend straight grain Viggo Nielsen sitter with a Cumberland-like stem. It's also time for a glass of vintage ice water chilled to the proper temperature by visiting Eskimos who came to discuss business with the esteemed Mr. Wooly. They left sadder because they did not get to meet the young nubiles, but are wiser because they learned Mr. Wooly does not sell red trap door undies.

3. Tony Malerich

Tony Malerich Active Member

Today started with a cigar - trying out the new 5 Vegas "hex press" from CI. The press isn't nearly as crisp as the promo photo, but for $2 the cigar was very tasty (I had a "Gold"). Now the day is wrapping up with some Top Black Cherry/5100 mix in my rustic bent Jacopo.

Lucky Duck, Old Codger, YAPPG and 8 others like this.
  4. DMWyatt

DMWyatt Member

What in the world is "Strang"? Can someone explain this to me? Is this some new fangled exotic ordeal like "Tambolaka"? I'm out of touch.

Lucky Duck, highstump, YAPPG and 8 others like this.
  5. JimInks

A little more work to do and I can stop for the day. In the meantime, I'm listening to NY1 News and smoking Angler's Dream in a slight bend 1984 Stanwell Antique 124 grain etched with a smooth front. Drinking Eskimo ice water with floating midget ice bergs.

Lucky Duck, Old Codger, YAPPG and 9 others like this.
  6. JimInks

Finally finished working and am smoking the last bowl of the day/night/morning: Rekamepip's "Sinphony" Mix in a smooth three quarter bend 1979 made in Israel pipe. If I don't finish it before bed time, it'll be waiting for me when I wake up.

Lucky Duck, Old Codger, YAPPG and 8 others like this.
  7. SidStavros

SidStavros Active Member

Now it's time for the film: Revolution (1985)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and for: W.O. Larsen Indigo Easy Flake.

8. Thuber88

Thuber88 Well-Known Member

Last bowl for the night is Scotch Flake 2005(Thanks to FishnBanjo) in the Pete 120 S,S,SB,B, and ice tea.

9. dBear

dBear Active Member

Had a full night of working, but managed to sneak in a nice bowl of Black Lung in the PSF POY Kaywoodie blast billiard and a bowl of 5100 in the Squatch volcano. Happy weekend, folks! And good luck to Rekamepip at the KC show! :th1:

Lucky Duck, MDaws79, Stormy and 13 others like this.
  10. dBear

dBear Active Member

Hey, anybody know what's happening with Jfro? Haven't seen him in about a week, seems like. Hope his back's okay.

Lucky Duck, YAPPG, psquared and 6 others like this.
  11. fordy

fordy Member

Morning all.

Loaded a big Falcon/Hyperbole rustic full of St Bruno RR ready to watch the Lions stuff the Aussies!
    :)

12. LutzSpearo

LutzSpearo Member

Peterson Irish Flake in a Savinelli Leonardo da Vinci Ala Battente. After a long day with my 2 year old, I'm gunna sleep like a rock after this!

BAMAFAN, Lucky Duck, dBear and 12 others like this.
  13. Brit abroad

Brit abroad Well-Known Member

Good morning,

Heading out the door with Luxury Navy Flake and strong coffee, happy smoking and be safe.

Lucky Duck, dBear, Stormy and 13 others like this.
  14. Artistik

Artistik Active Member

Started this morning with an e-Cig since I forgot to let some MacB Plumcake dry overnight. The Mountbatten "doggie" is now properly filled with Plumcake and will be ready for ignition in about 30 Minutes. Plenty of coffee in the meantime and afterwards. Piper Mike will be here later this morning. I'm sure we will have a pipe at some point.

Lucky Duck, dBear, Stormy and 12 others like this.
  15. mecompco

mecompco Active Member

Looks like it's going to be a nice day here in Maine. Starting the day with some University Flake in the London Made. Drinking black Eight O'Clock 100% Columbian (the best "cheap" coffee, IMHO) brewed in the Technivorm MocaMaster (one kick-butt coffee maker--results close to a French press). The mug is my favorite--got it at Krispy Kreme in Boston on a Girl Scout trip with my daughter back in '05.

[​IMG]

16. Dubble Bubble

Dubble Bubble Member

When I get Strang,which I will... Then I will chew Strang... And let you know. Then I will leave it on the bedpost to dry overnight and smoke it the next day. that is the proper way to do it I have been told. I have tried it with Wild Duck twist and it works like a charm:wiz:

17. JoeSmall

JoeSmall Member

PA in a red rhodie I got from jheiglier (spelling may be wrong). Decided that this thing was to good a smoker to leave sitting at home and it was cheap enough to not be worried about taking it to work.

[​IMG]

Lucky Duck, Beefcube, dBear and 13 others like this.
  18. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

Many of you are bored already, but here it is once again:
    Unfortunately for you guys it can only be purchased at a B&M in Kiel, Germany. The shop has a website, but doesn't ship overseas, I'm still working on convincing Mr Motzek to do so, to finally make a group-buy possible. Stay tuned.
    Mr Motzek, the guy who processes this Strangtabak, told me he remembered that his grandfather always smoked this stuff in the 50's-60's and it was only sold in pharmacies. :confused: In the 70's it had disappeared from the market - so, in the late 80's Mr Motzek started to process his own rope tobacco, using Burley, Perique and Virginia and there's only one type of it (available in one piece or already sliced coins), in addition to a number of different blends he created. And he only sells his own houseblends.
    Even in germany it's a kind of an insiders tip.

I'm smoking some of it now in a cob, coffee on the side. Happy smoking weekend all! :bing:

[​IMG]

19. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Woke up late today as I forced myself to finish a book last evening until my eyes were nearly sunken back in my head. Got both the Weim's out for ablutions and fed, mother is feeling poorly so I made her Green Tea.
    I'm on coffee # 3 after having had TBofBB in the original MM Diplomat and the Riccardo Santia bamboo shanked cob, good morning PSFer's hope to be around more today and a bit more lively once I've taken Levi out for walkabout and made my Saturday foray to the Farmer's Market for fresh free range egg's, fresh baked bread and those decadent donuts. :ccup:

Lucky Duck, Beefcube, dBear and 17 others like this.
  20. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Today I may have a bit of time to formulate retribution in the form of HATE there Dr. Strang Love since you made a faux pas I plan to act upon. :whis:

BAMAFAN, Lucky Duck, dBear and 11 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.