What Are You Smoking? June, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, Jun 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Kendal Dark in a Country Gentleman with a side of espresso before class

2. user3221

user3221 Active Member

Hate mail properly routed to unsuspecting psf'ers

glad i could share my bad day with you
    :mad:

Lucky Duck, Morse, MDaws79 and 12 others like this.
  3. user3221

user3221 Active Member

The Last Bit of Smoked Kansas City in Rock Cob

thinking about Arizona

:hbang:

rondel65, Lucky Duck, Morse and 10 others like this.
  4. Artistik

Artistik Active Member

Yesterday contained a lot of vapin' and no pipe :( what with the shopping and running around town with the Nephew. Today looks a little more promising as we only need to make a grocery store run and a quick stop at Wally World. Looking forward to returning home and having a pipe out in the Florida Room. Probably will be a pre-draught CG filled with SWR as both the pipe and tobacco reside there.

Smokey, Lucky Duck, Morse and 15 others like this.
  5. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

Good Morning all. Started off with some PA in a cob. Pg tips tea to drink. Seems to be cooling back down to normal around here. Good!!

Smokey, rondel65, Lucky Duck and 21 others like this.
  6. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

ERR (original) in an
    Algiers bowl whilst
    feeding the squirrels
    out back.

7. psquared

psquared DGErwin, my horse would like a word with you...

Gotta say thanks for the lead on the PG Tips. Been drinking the black, very tasty. :toast:

rondel65, Lucky Duck, Morse and 10 others like this.
  8. TedVig

TedVig total pipeflake

PA in a GBD Lovat with coffee, lots of coffee...

Smokey, rondel65, Lucky Duck and 14 others like this.
  9. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

Glad you like it. I have been drinking it for close to two years. Krogers and Walmart has it here. My best friend, gf, gaming buddy, whatever, got me hooked on it. Only thing bad about it is that fricken dust, lol. She lives in northeast England and was always going on about it.

Lucky Duck, User4408, Morse and 11 others like this.
  10. Basil Meadows

Basil Meadows Active Member

Finished with the re-wiring. Air compressor works like a charm! Good thing too, had a couple of touch-up spots on the poker I'm working on. Now relaxing while waiting for the shellac to dry with some SWRA in a Bullitt Proof Cob and another cup of Maxwell House. This makes #7 for the Richmond show.

Smokey, rondel65, Lucky Duck and 18 others like this.
  11. SouthBound

SouthBound Active Member

Good morning, fellows.

Night Train in a L'Anatra. Cantaloupe and ice water on the side.

rondel65, Lucky Duck, Morse and 14 others like this.
  12. Snake

PG tips is good, but the
    "Dust" is what made me
    stop drinking it. All that
    silt in the bottom of my
    cup. LOL that's why I
    drink Prince of Wales now.
    Nice big leaves.

Finishing off the ERR, and
    loading up more Strang.
    This time in a briar bowl.

Lucky Duck, Morse, MDaws79 and 14 others like this.
  13. Jeff10236

Jeff10236 Member

I somehow guess right on last nights blind sample...Something that never happens, I got my first sample right (H&H Anni Kake) and the guy I traded samples with got his first sample right (I sent SG Chocolate Flake).

Today, I got up late (9:30) and since then I have been lazily surfing the net shopping for new saddlebags for my motorcycle and (of course) reading this thread. After my shower (in a few min) I'll probably head out and smoke sample B in my blind samples from the other forum (from the bag it smells like a VaPer with a heavy Perique content). It is nice being a teacher during the summer (don't get me wrong I love teaching and like my students, but I love my time off), though around noon I have to get going on some serious work on my portfolio for my masters degree (the final major project for my MS is due in about a week, it is kind of like a thesis but without the original research). After I identify (or more likely, misidentify) the tobacco in sample A and get started on my project, I'll have to smoke something I know instead of one of the other samples since I'll need my brainpower for my project and not IDing a tobacco: so this afternoon will probably be something simple like PA or CH.

14. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

Prince of Wales, from where Snake? Tetley is a decent substitute for it too.

Lucky Duck, Morse, Thuber88 and 5 others like this.
  15. Snake

Twinings. Loose, of course. I can't
    find any in Orlando. Not even at
    the British shop! I think there's
    some available over at Amazon.

Straaaaaaaaaaaaaang in a Genoa bowl.

Lucky Duck, Morse, MDaws79 and 10 others like this.
  16. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Had some 965 Mixture in the Charlie Brown cob, finished the contents of the French Press and 3 additional Pusser's Rum Mugs, strong and black and getting ready to hit the road two states away, I'll be back!

17. surlysoul

surlysoul Sales Account

McC 5110 in a Sav Hungarian. Working at home today.

18. Jack Wagon

Jack Wagon Member

So Happy It's Thursday! One of my days off has finally arrived.:banana:

It has been a long and sweaty last four days and nights, with about 1200 miles driven in the truck, and about 2000 cases delivered at 21 stops. (2 48' trailers hand unloaded) I haven't weighed the empty compared to the full trailers for the routes, but I am estimating that I have delivered 60,000+ pounds between Sunday and yesterday afternoon. The numbers blow me away.

Glad that I am able to accomplish such things, but I think I better start planning for my next career as I don't think this type of work will agree with me in another 20 years.

I've been contemplating working on starting on preparing to begin heading towards becoming an RN. Lottery winner seems a more noble profession, however, I keep filling out the applications and someone else always seems to beat me out for the available positions.

A job only driving a truck for a living, locally, with good pay and "normal" hours, seems to be a mythical creature, somewhat more rare than the pygmy rainbow unicorn. (The candy corn shortage has nearly wiped them out!)

As I sit here in my lat 30's pondering which direction to steer my life from here, I am sipping on my Wally frank bulldog, which is doing a lovely job of turning a bowl of black lung into delicious smoke for me. The coffee pot will be empty after I refill my cup again, and I will celebrate that accomplishment with a nap.

I hope everyone finds themselves with a peaceful mind and a grateful heart on this wonderful day, I for one am glad you are sucking air with me today.:snork:

Smokey, rondel65, Lucky Duck and 19 others like this.
  19. Lithua pipe

Lithua pipe Active Member

PA ,Coffee,MM<DIP

Smokey, Lucky Duck, Morse and 11 others like this.
  20. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Wife is in the shower so I had a few lovely puffs of McRanie's Red Ribbon in the Paul Becker and will finish it when I return if I have balance.

[​IMG]

rondel65, Lucky Duck, Morse and 11 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.