What Are You Smoking? June, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, Jun 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Suzy and Molly are very sedate this morning. Guess that extra tuna m'lady gave them before I awoke really hit the spot. Molly is sound asleep, and Suzy is stretched out at my feet, not even asking for attention! That's a rarity! Speaking of rarities, I'm smoking the last of this sample of the real Three Nuns in a 2003 medium bend straight grain Viggo Nielsen sitter with a Cumberland-like stem. Thanks to FishnBanjo for the great smoke. Simply Orange is my drink.

Lucky Duck, User4408, Tsal and 10 others like this.
  2. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

My first homemade Moussaka is ready and I'm gonna eat that now:
    [​IMG]

When I finished this, I have to say very deliciously smelling thing, I'm looking forward to having a bowl of Prairie Wind in a MM CG with forever stem. :beck:

Lucky Duck, User4408, Tsal and 10 others like this.
  3. northernsmoke

northernsmoke Member

Planning on lunch, then some navy flake in a MM Washington. Depending on my appetite after, maybe a little Larsen 1864 as well to fix the sweet tooth. :ngty:

Lucky Duck, MDaws79, Thuber88 and 8 others like this.
  4. TedVig

TedVig total pipeflake

Weybridge in a Marxman semi rusticated pot. A fine smoke.

Lucky Duck, MDaws79, Thuber88 and 8 others like this.
  5. MacNutz

MacNutz Active Member

Hey M Simmo, was that as good as it looks?

I'm on day shift and it feels strange waking up at eight in the morning, the time I'm usually crawling into the crypt. It is a rainy day, started on the roof with more OJK in the diplomat, with strong coffee, of course.

Lucky Duck, Tsal, MDaws79 and 10 others like this.
  6. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

Oh yeah...really tasty, I will have a big second helping later - but now, as I mentioned earlier a short entree:

[​IMG]

Lucky Duck, User4408, Tsal and 12 others like this.
  7. MacNutz

MacNutz Active Member

Prairie Wind is probably my favourite 4noggins bulk tobacco blend.

Lucky Duck, MDaws79, Thuber88 and 6 others like this.
  8. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

Only the third bowl right now, but I can already say I'm liking it a lot. :) I've only tried one other 4noggins bulkblend before, "Alamosa" and after trying that one I didn't feel like trying any other 4noggins bulk, but thanks to MDaws79, who mentioned it a lot - I took the plunge.
    Thanks MDaws79 for pointing me towards this blend. :toast:

Lucky Duck, User4408, MDaws79 and 9 others like this.
  9. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Finally getting off my dead butt, and taking m'lady to see Star Trek in a little while. Right now, I'm listening to the Yankees -Rangers game, which is scoreless in the 3rd. And smoking Virginia Spice in a 1979 brown grain etched Lane Era Charatan's Make medium bend saddle stem calabash shape 483DC. This is maybe the butteriest VaPer I've ever smoked. Simply Lemonade is my drink.

10. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

Butteriest VaPer?:beyes: Sounds delightful. Just read about it and saw it contains cigar leaf. Never tried a blend with cigar leaf so far...Do you think that's why it's so buttery?

Lucky Duck, User4408, YAPPG and 8 others like this.
  11. Robin

Robin Member

Finishing up a pouch of "Captain Black Royal" it is just OK, I'm not a huge airo fan anyway, I picked up another pouch of SWR, it's one of my favorite OTC's.

Lucky Duck, YAPPG, MDaws79 and 8 others like this.
  12. Monkeyshine

Monkeyshine Active Member

Frog Morton's Cellar in a handmade squashed tomato

Lucky Duck, JimInks, YAPPG and 8 others like this.
  13. FlatbushPaul

FlatbushPaul Cellar is located in an undisclosed bunker

JimInks gave me the idea so it's Virginia Spice in a GBD New Standard Billiard with ice tea on the side.

14. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

I'm finishing now my first tin of the amazing blend "Telegraph Hill" by G.L. Pease. I would ask you to observe a minute's silence.

[​IMG]

15. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Well the shot has been delayed for at least 8 more weeks as we try some trial doses orally once my oncologist and neurologist are on board so to celebrate I finished my Red Ribbon in the Paul Becker. This is the 2008 vintage, I have the 1996, which I have smoked, and the 2000, which I have not smoked, I must say the first smoke in this pipe was wonderful and the second smoke was so good I was disappointed for it to be over, wonderful pipe and tobacco. :)

16. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Oh boy, oh boy, I see 4 packs of HATE are out for delivery! :csmile:

17. MacNutz

MacNutz Active Member

Moving into the stronger stuff earlier than usual today. Headed for the roof with Billy Budd and cold root beer. Can't drink the other kind of beer and get any work done. For me, alcohol makes writing impossible. Some can't write without the stuff, it seems.

18. Artistik

Artistik Active Member

In the Florida Room, SWR in the cob and a ice cold Presidente beer. Life is great.

19. surlysoul

surlysoul Sales Account

Giving in to peer pressure and trying some Edward G. Robinson's Mildly Aromatic Pipe blend in a no name billiard

20. Biggles

Biggles Active Member

Big n' Burley & OJK mix in an old Pete 381 with a Fat Tire ale on the side, waiting for the second half to kick off. :puffy:

Lucky Duck, YAPPG, dBear and 7 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.