What Are You Smoking? June, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, Jun 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FlatbushPaul

FlatbushPaul Cellar is located in an undisclosed bunker

I've been in a Latakia mood. Compton's Balkan Mixture in a Comoy's Square Shank Pot with ice tea. This blend is so full flavored. Chewy and smokey. Almost like barbecued meat.In the background there is a beautiful Virginia sweetness.

Lucky Duck, MDaws79, Morse and 12 others like this.
  2. northernsmoke

northernsmoke Member

Thanks! I'm very fond of the pipe. Love the shape, finish, and color. Just about perfect for my taste. It's the Silke Brun 179. Assuming a later one as I just got it about a week ago. Says Danish Design, not Made in Denmark.

Lucky Duck, MDaws79, Morse and 8 others like this.
  3. User4408

User4408 Active Member

Good move, Simmo. That's just what I needed to remind me of the tin of Laurel Heights I haven't opened yet. Think I'll try it later tonight. I've been happy with Pease's Union Square: a pure Virginia but a bit deeper and heftier, almost like a VaBur.

And that's a nice looking Peterson. All mine are fishtails. Is there a flavor difference with the P-lip?

Finishing up some Mixture in a Sav ...

Lucky Duck, MDaws79, YAPPG and 10 others like this.
  4. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

FishnBanjo bought tobacco from Synjeco? Really cool!:th1: Good prices, but shipping... yeesh! Onyx is really terrific stuff. So is Torina and Tarek Robusto. They sell St. James Plug and FVF Plug, which you can't get in the US. They also sell at very good prices Virginia no.444 in single pouches, and it's a very good nutty tasting VaBur, as is Maryland no. 333. Schippers is a really good, economically priced, shag cut spicy smoke. If you can afford the shipping (I can't anymore), Synjeco is a good company to order from.

In the 13 years I ordered from them, I never had one order screwed up.

Lucky Duck, MDaws79, YAPPG and 10 others like this.
  5. JimInks

Sorry, but I was so thrilled to read some U.S. forum members are getting to smoke some great, rare stuff, that I kinda took off on the subject. I also forgot to list that, thanks to Mount Mandolin, I'm smoking PH Special Curly Cut with added perique in a 2002 Peterson Sherlock Holmes Series Milverton. Ice tea properly brewed and chilled is my drink.

Lucky Duck, MDaws79, YAPPG and 8 others like this.
  6. dBear

dBear Active Member

Wow. I had no idea. He must hate me even more than I deserve! Is Synjeco the only place you can buy Schurch tobaccos?

I can certainly testify that this is excellent tobacco in an excellent blend. Between F&B and PipeSimmo, I think I'm getting spoiled.

Lucky Duck, MDaws79, YAPPG and 7 others like this.
  7. JimInks

Yep. They make some of the best English blends in the world. Mogano is another good one I forgot to list.

8. dBear

dBear Active Member

The Maine Mailbox Smoke Bomber - you got that sh*t right! :thu:

Lucky Duck, YAPPG, Morse and 6 others like this.
  9. User4408

User4408 Active Member

Two interesting points there. First, your Silke Brun finish looks great after even a small amount of use. When it's new, that matte finish looks awfully drab to me. But it must pick up oils easily from the hand, which gives it a nice luster. Every Silke Brun I've seen looks great once it's been handled a bit. Same with the Sav Duca Carlo, which is very economical pipe. Even though it looks terribly dull when it's new.

Second, Danish Design is apparently the stamp that's now used by STG to indicate they're no longer actually made in Denmark. It looks like Barontini does a good job of recreating the shapes, and I assume they're engineered well as far as drilling, shank/stem harmony, and things like that. The original Made in Denmark Stanwells were fantastic pipes. It's irksome though when big companies take the name, farm out production to other countries to reduce costs, and then raise the prices.

OGS in a Sav 122 ...

10. dBear

dBear Active Member

And now, thanks to the GHM (or MMSB, if you prefer) it's 2006 AJ's VaPer in the PSF POY2013.

11. Thuber88

Thuber88 Well-Known Member

Thanks to the chatter on here, I became brain washed and had a can of spaghetti and hot dogs...
    Now what to smoke and in what, this is already getting complicated:rolleyes:

Smokey, MDaws79, YAPPG and 8 others like this.
  12. user3221

user3221 Active Member

just got out my whole leaf toby and twisted up a home made rope
    ended up more like tied stick
    burly and oriental leaf with a a little turkish shag and something from the sample bowl tossed in

steamed it for a couple minutes in nuke oven

now to let it set for a month or so and see what happened

late night smoke - don't need it because i got enough nicotine from handling the leaves

:beyes:

Lucky Duck, MDaws79, Morse and 9 others like this.
  13. user3221

user3221 Active Member

oh what the heck ripped the filter off of a pall mall and give it a go

now off to bed

MDaws79, surlysoul, psquared and 4 others like this.
  14. Thuber88

Sleep well Reeky!:p:

MDaws79, YAPPG, surlysoul and 4 others like this.
  15. Tony Malerich

Tony Malerich Sales Account

I've been a bit lax in logging my smokes the last few days. Yesterday I had some 5100 in my rustic Kapet B32 before work and some Dunhill Flake in a little Deluxe System 313. This afternoon was Penzance in my sandblast Iceberg Port. I may have time for some 1-Q after work.

Lucky Duck, MDaws79, YAPPG and 6 others like this.
  16. dBear

dBear Active Member

Reeky? :haha: I wonder if Mrs. Reeky has some 'splainin' to do?

fallsguy, Lucky Duck, YAPPG and 6 others like this.
  17. Thuber88

Hey, I forgot my mirror:p:

YAPPG, surlysoul, psquared and 2 others like this.
  18. Thuber88

He needs a name...[​IMG]

And what else for him to put in his hat and smoke it, why its RRRRRRRRRR-Blend(thanks again to Senor Feesh!), and ice tea in the BGM

Lucky Duck, MDaws79, YAPPG and 12 others like this.
  19. JimInks

Chatting on the phone and smoking Dunhill Elizabethan Match in a smooth 1977 Medley (GBD second) medium bend billiard with a flat underside. Ice water chilled to the proper temperature.

20. dBear

dBear Active Member

2002 Crown Achievement (thanks, FishNBanjo!) in the Squatch volcano. Environmentally temperature adjusted water to wet my whistle.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.