What Are You Smoking? June, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, Jun 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dubble Bubble

Dubble Bubble Member

[​IMG]Smoking Aromatic Dutch Slices in a Best pipe

2. Tsal

Tsal Old Timey

Afternoon to all PSF'ers! I just want to say that I like everyones post so far this June. I am refraining from pushing the little button.
    Escudo in a Radice. Maybe just maybe I will attempt to burn some moldy Penzance in it later on. I'm thinking about possibly 11 dollars worth.

MDaws79, dBear, Morse and 9 others like this.
  3. user3221

user3221 Active Member

Nice Pipe !:th1:

MDaws79, dBear, Morse and 6 others like this.
  4. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Finished walkabout with a happy Levi and a wonderful smoke, there isn't even a remote resemblance between the Edward G. Robinson sent to me by JimInks and the HU Edward G. Both are very nice tobacco's on their own but the HU Edward G. which is generally likened against Marlin Flake, however, my Marlin Flake is heavy cut and had some age (around 10 y/o) and rubbed out it is not as fine as Edward G. I could smoke this all day.

I then went on a recycling and trash day spree getting my, and my neighbor's, ready for tomorrow and 1 1/2 hours and a smoke of Naked Anni in the MM Diplomat has everything in order, taking a break with a large china mug of Jamaican Blue Mountain and I feel great! Obligatory curmudgeon smile for rekamepip. :mad:

MDaws79, dBear, Morse and 13 others like this.
  5. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Life's too short to ignore posts I like. :D Esoterica pushed my buttons by selling Dunbar, which I'm smoking in my trusty 1970s smooth three quarter bend Peterson System Standard 305. A bottle of Mountain Dew made with cane sugar is my drink.

MDaws79, dBear, Morse and 12 others like this.
  6. Tsal

Tsal Old Timey

I like this post. I like Esoterica tobaccos and Mountain Dew with the throw back cane sugar marketing concept.

MDaws79, dBear, Lucky Duck and 7 others like this.
  7. Tsal

Tsal Old Timey

I also like this post as well. FB not only is doing a good deed for the environment, he is also helping out the neighbor.

Edit: I also like dogs.

MDaws79, dBear, Lucky Duck and 6 others like this.
  8. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

That's really nice! Looks like an oriental sculpture sitting there like it is.

MDaws79, dBear, Lucky Duck and 5 others like this.
  9. BRotherBriar

BRotherBriar Member

Frog Morton on the Bayou in a Peterson Donegal Rocky billiard. FMotB has really become one of my favorite smokes these days. Before that it was Dunhill Flake in my Savinelli Duca Carlo billard. Something isn't sitting quite right with the Dunhill Flake and my tastes. Usually I love Virginias but the Dunhill Flake just doesn't taste all that great to me. I'm going to throw it in a mason jar and age it a while and see if I like it any more in 6 months or a year when it's mellowed a little.

I might also try it in a different pipe too...maybe the Savinelli just prefers non-flake Virginias. I had a hard time getting it to burn correctly doing the fold-and-stuff method. It would burn great in the center but around the edge of the bowl I couldn't get it to hold a flame. Maybe I used too much an it was packed too tightly around the sides of the bowl.

cobbsmoker, MDaws79, dBear and 10 others like this.
  10. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Aging does wonderful things to most flakes, if you are not drying it out prior to packing it then you should do that. Packing too hard will cause you issues and not just the burning.

MDaws79, dBear, Morse and 7 others like this.
  11. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

You could try rubbing it out fully before letting it air out ten min or so and then stuff it. I've had to do that with a lot of flakes .

MDaws79, dBear, Morse and 6 others like this.
  12. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

GH LPF in the Pete. Pg tips tea in the mug.

cobbsmoker, MDaws79, dBear and 11 others like this.
  13. Marc Freeman

Marc Freeman Member

Today I are mostly smoking Peterson Special Reserve 2013
    In a Northern Briars Custom

MDaws79, dBear, Morse and 9 others like this.
  14. Ephraim

Ephraim Active Member

Hey guys.
    Hope you're all having a good day.

Just starting a cob of Prince Albert with some coffee on the side :puffy:

cobbsmoker, MDaws79, dBear and 14 others like this.
  15. Dubble Bubble

Dubble Bubble Member

Smoking some generic Va flake that is my oldest baccy. 1996. I bought it at Uptown Cigar in Chicago. It has mellowed out a little but still nothing to write home to mom about.

cobbsmoker, MDaws79, dBear and 8 others like this.
  16. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

GL Pease Blackpoint shall be my after dinner smoke. Stuffed in a Peterson Antique 1909 - Apfelwein is my drink. :)

[​IMG]

17. p120d16y

p120d16y Active Member

DJ Tiesto, a full pot of black coffee, and the rock cob full of MB Navy Flake.

cobbsmoker, MDaws79, dBear and 11 others like this.
  18. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

The last of my sample of Shortcut to Mushrooms in a straight 1979 MM Legend. Thanks to Flatbush Paul for the tobacco.

19. Wicker Man

Wicker Man Active Member

I've been smoking up my cellar, with all spare beer and tobacco pocket money going into buying 2" x 2" timber for the back garden projects,
    but the other day Mrs Wicker bought me a couple of bottles of Westons cider and a pouch of Gawith Hoggarths Black cherry so I opened a tin of Germains Special Latikia Flake to do a 50/50 mix to find the Black cherry wringing wet, hells bells it was like being short changed !
    I rubbed it up did the mix and left it out in a wooden bowl all day to dry, which it did and I was pleased with the result
    Especially in another superb Rekamepip work of Art Red Stone pipe and one of my garden Bamboo stems
    [​IMG]

20. user3221

user3221 Active Member

Just got back from my 78.3 mile country drive

tried smoking a bowl on the way home but my allergy meds had worn off making it impossible to smoke
    so that crapped on my day........

will try again later
    :(

MDaws79, dBear, Morse and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.