1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

What Are You Smoking? June, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, Jun 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. user3221

user3221 Active Member

Me too, been watching a couple tobacco items to appear
    and
    i keep thinking that they are soon going to find the dozen pipes they got from me
    and either set me up or put the pipes on the discount sale bin

2. Morse

Morse Active Member

I am a new convert to Grasmere, thanks to a sample from Southbound. I am completely hooked though, absolutely fabulous stuff.

3. jdto

jdto Well-Known Member

4noggins Weybridge in the POY. A pint of Bavaria Holland Premium on the side.

[​IMG]

4. rondel65

rondel65 Misplaces Lighters

Smoked a new blend tonight. Brigham's "Acadian Blend" described as a shag blend of light and medium brown Virginias with fruity black Perique. Mild naturally sweet in an old Petersons Kildare 87. Not too impressed with the first bowl. Not as flavorful as I hoped it would be. The last half of the bowl was a little better with some peppery taste comming from the Perique. Lots of white smoke burning down to a fine as moon dust ash. Tin note smells inviting. Will see if it gets better in the next few bowlfuls. Going to load a Bullitt Cob with some FMC in a bit. I don't feel satisfied just yet. FMC will remedy that.

5. Johnny Dingo

Johnny Dingo Writer of wrongs

3P's in the POY. With Hopfen Schnupf and a beer on the side.

6. Coda

Coda Well-Known Member

Enjoying some original ERR (compliments of a certain Burley Mayor) in my favorite Grabow, a Grand Duke (looks like a dublin prince)...washing it down with some Shiraz...

7. Ksummers99

Ksummers99 Member

This week was a particularly rough week for the Summers' household and as the late afternoon sun started to move across the patio blinds I had a sudden urge to just get out of the living room and relax! I grabbed my Mayfair pipe (that Coastie3202 did a facelift on not to long ago), my recently purchased tin of MacB Honey Chocolate, shot glass, bottle of Jack and box of matches. I headed up to my upper balcony. Sitting outside today was simply magic. There was a slight breeze moving the leaves around. I could hear the tinkling of a distant wind chime. I pulled another chair up and put my feet up, leaned back and lit a bowl. The heavenly aroma and sweet taste smoothed over the shot of Jack I just took. The birds were faintly chirping and I could here the sounds of rollerblades, balls bouncing and children's laughter as they played in the late day sun. I sat there for a couple of hours as the kids got called in or just went home and birds quieted down. The deep oranges and blues and soon to creep darkness was my cue to head on in the house and get back to doing what needed to be done, but now feeling much more capable to tackle things head on! Have a great weekend everyone! :hp2:

8. Smokey

Smokey Active Member

GE in a cob and more iced tea.

9. Basil Meadows

Basil Meadows Active Member

SWRAro in a corndog. Finished up the week, and looking forward to the weekend. Now if the rain would only let up.......

Lucky Duck, p120d16y, Smokey and 13 others like this.
  10. Thuber88

Thuber88 Well-Known Member

Having some Condor(thanks to FishnBanjo) in a AIC with ice tea in the BGM

11. rondel65

rondel65 Misplaces Lighters

Just finished of that FMC in a Bullitt Cob with a little Makers Mark Bourbon on the side. Walked out into the sunroom and was greeted with the smell of honeysuckle in the cool Texas air. Nice! Goodnight Lady & Gents.

12. Mount Mandolin

Mount Mandolin Active Member

Evening folks. Wanted a bowl of something English and didn't see anything in my open jars that appealed to me, so I decided to open a tin of Esoterica's And So To Bed that I had sitting in my "cellar". Filled a Neerup with it, and I'm about halfway done with the bowl now. It's a nice mixture, I'd say. Kind of reminds me of an English blend with port in it, or something along those lines. Definitely a sweet topping to it. I'll have to smoke more of the tin to really say what I think of it, but it has made a good first impression.

13. Thuber88

Thuber88 Well-Known Member

Reverie(thanks to FnB) in the meercat linered Tinder Box Smooth Rhotationalesion and ice tea

14. User4408

User4408 Active Member

MB Plumcake in a Bjarne Viking ...

My usual Friday Plumcake got pushed aside by onerous duties yesterday. Fortunately it tastes just a good on a Saturday.

The time to restock has arrived. While pondering the cost of a 5-tin sleeve, I noticed that the cost of a 1-lb bag was about 40% less :beyes:

But then again, the bulk Plumcake might not be as tasty or convenient as the tinned version. If any of you have experience with the 1-lb size, advice would be appreciated.

15. muddler

muddler Active Member

An hour ago I put two pork roasts in the Weber for a family BBQ. Got Mrs Muddler's family coming over. They're looking great (the roasts, not the family!). Later I'll be tying up some needlefish patterns for barracuda on the flats. Then watch some rugby (SA vs Italy). A good day. First bowl of the day is Old Gowrie in a Pete.

[​IMG]

16. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Three pages, three pages, honestly people you're acting as if you have a life! [​IMG] You are all so busted that Dwaugh is now chiseling in the names not up to performance level on the burnished stone tablets and let me tell you this, it ain't gonna be pretty! :old: As for me I had a lovely bowl of Naked Anni in the MM Cob and a full Pusser's Rum Mug of Khave, strong and black and am now into my second mug. Good morning PSFer's, all of you who are left that is! ;)

17. chud333

chud333 Member

Smoking honey and chocolate in my viking.

18. user3221

user3221 Active Member

19. FlatbushPaul

FlatbushPaul Cellar is in an undisclosed Bunker

Good Morning,
    Telegraph Hill in an Altinok Ornamented Pear with black coffee for the ride into work.

Happy Saturday Smoking,
    Paul

jpberg, Lucky Duck, Thuber88 and 13 others like this.
  20. Artistik

Artistik Active Member

Good Saturday morning to you all. Starting my day/weekend with SWR in a Sav Tris and enjoying a cup of black, strong coffee. Miss Daisy and I have a few errands to run so we'll try to get an early start so we can finish before the heat of the day causes those afternoon thunderstorms. Thinking about stopping for a pancake breakfast at Denny's as they have the whole wheat ones that are quite tasty. If the rain doesn't interfere too much, I will charcoal grill pork steaks for supper. I need to look in my "cellar" this afternoon and see what Mc. Clellan Virginias are hiding in there in those little glass jars. I have a hankerin to try something different for a change.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.