What Are You Smoking? June, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, Jun 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ksummers99

Ksummers99 Member

Your list showed plenty of things done!!! I'd say beside another bowl...maybe more cookies...you're good!! :xd:

Morse, MDaws79, Lucky Duck and 7 others like this.
  2. surlysoul

surlysoul Sales Account

Finished the garage and gutters and am enjoying Reiner LGF in a DGE. Just was called into work. So much for my afternoon plans.

3. jason1977

jason1977 Active Member

This may disgust a few, but I think I'm on to something here.

I mixed whole pouches of:

5 Brothers Pipe Tobacco!
    Sir Walter Raleigh (regular, not aromatic)
    Captain Black White

~I put it all mixed into a jar.

Then I put some into a cob to accompany a cup of coffee. I'll tell ya what, it has the nicotine, has flavor, it's very enjoyable. You don't get the nasty flavor of SWR when that starts to go out, the 5 brothers gives it punch & nicotine, the captain black gives it a little sweetness & allows you to smoke the entire pipe, whereas 5 brothers by itself is nigh unfinishable. I think I'll call it, "Shortcut to Walgreens"

Smokey, Beefcube, Jack Wagon and 18 others like this.
  4. mecompco

mecompco Active Member

Well, it has stopped raining. Could go out or continue smoking Distinguished Gentleman in the Meer billiard and have a whiskey sour or two. I'm thinking the tobacco and whiskey are going to win. Next up I think will be some SL, probably in my large WDC full bent, then some OJK in the POY. Have a great afternoon, all!

5. SouthBound

SouthBound Active Member

Afternoon, fellows.

Kendal Flake in the Tinsky.

Beefcube, jpberg, Jack Wagon and 15 others like this.
  6. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

God, I feel like I'm in Hell's Kitchen, I just chose some 3 y/o Hal 'O the Wind, a tobacco I've never smoked and for the life of me can't decide what pipe....... Go to the cabinet and the 1948 Dunhill DRR C-EE Dead Root screams "take me boss, I can smoke!" So there you have it, Diet Gingerale on the side......

[​IMG]

Smokey, Beefcube, Jack Wagon and 17 others like this.
  7. Thuber88

Thuber88 Well-Known Member

The last remains of the Mighty Condor in the AIC! and ice tea

8. Marc Freeman

Marc Freeman Member

Today I are mostly smoking Condor Flake
    In a Bent Falcon with Genoa Bowl

9. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Thank you, it is one of my favorites and one of my top smokers as well.

10. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

Just came home from BBQing with friends and I have some good news. The pipe smoking world has gained one more participant. :thu2:
    A few weeks ago I met up with a classmate from college, whom I haven't seen for years. I brought a couple pipes and reported very enthusiatic about my new passion, he was very interested to hear more about the whole subject, questioned me about makers, tobaccos, packing methods...
    Today we met up again and he proudly presented his 2 new pipes and 4 blends he bought in the meantime. Seems I got him into smoking pipes!
    And maybe he will also sign up here soon...
    Earlier today I've smoked a bowl of Pfeifen Huber's "Diablo Nero", a new-to-me blend, which he brought along. A nice VA/BUR/OR/CAV, but too much Cavendish for my tastes.

[​IMG]

Now, back home again - I'm getting ready to smoke a bowl of McClellands St James Woods in a Peterson Deluxe System 9s.

:bing:

11. Thuber88

Very nice job, you Enabler :byg::th1:
    Always strange seeing my name on cans of tobacco;)

Jack Wagon, rondel65, Morse and 7 others like this.
  12. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

would you prefer that? :
    [​IMG]:beck:

13. Thuber88

Why yes... yes I would:ngty:

14. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

GH&Co. Scotch Flake in the Stanwell-Bjarne billiard.

This tobacco, 50g but a very wet weight, was a birthday gift from last evening and this is my first taste of it. I LIKE IT.

My parents just got back fairly recently from a vacation in the UK. I told them that, while there, a packet of Condor Long Cut or John Sinclair Highland Sliced would be excellent birthday gifts (just dropping a hint!) and that they were blends you can't get easily in the USA. Well, they said they went to a tobacconists and couldn't remember what I said I was interested in, so my dad just "picked something that I thought looked and smelled amazing."

For not being a pipe smoker and having zero knowledge of pipe tobacco, or my passionate love affair with Gawith, Hoggarth & Company, he couldn't possibly have done any better. I've never had the stuff before, and it's quite good.

At first I was under the impression that it was a more or less "straight" blend, like Brown Flake Unscented, so I thought perhaps it was mislabeled at the shop, because it smelled awfully similar to Bob's Chocolate Flake. Either way, I lit up and loved it - it's a LOT like BCF but without latakia. Looked it up on TR, looks like it's properly labelled. I dig it :th1:

15. WalkinStick

WalkinStick Active Member

Bout damn time you showed back up. Good to see you.

I haven't smoked a pipe in 2 or 3 days, sadly. I am about to fire up a Padron 1964 Anniversary Exclusivo though.

Jack Wagon, psquared, Morse and 8 others like this.
  16. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

Oriental #40 in a cob. Coke on the side.

17. TedVig

TedVig total pipeflake

Ah yes...the forbidden pleasure of the much maligned captain black cherry in a forever stemmed cob. I just finished that, now on to the same in a briar. I know it is without pedigree but it's a damned fine smoke.

Smokey, psquared, Beefcube and 11 others like this.
  18. LifeOfRiley

LifeOfRiley Active Member

The wife and kid are away today so:

Rooted around in the crawlspace to see if I can figure out how to do some phone re-wiring - to no avail.
    Removed the POS remote switch from the den ceiling fan. Hard wired will be fine.
    Got the frame of that monstrous day bed the in-laws left us to the upstairs boudoir.
    Cleaned the house. Got the laundry put away.
    Bought some beer :th1:.
    Settled down for a bowl of Esoterica Dunbar in the Caminetto Business and...yep, the pipe is sour. Salt and alcohol treatment for you, then.

psquared, Beefcube, TedVig and 11 others like this.
  19. LifeOfRiley

LifeOfRiley Active Member

The great thing about your reply is how your avatar seems to be looking exactly where he should. :thu:

20. Lucky Duck

Lucky Duck Active Member

rest assured, no Granger. MDaws79 hoarded it....I think...

First bowl of the day was at about 8:00 A.M. It was a DGT of a bowl PS LTF left over in a work cob from yesterday. Then it was off to a car club event with Daisy and one of the ducklings. So, no time to smoke there. Now, I'm home again, and smoking. It's PS LTF that I loaded into the Rekamepip Modded Nosewarmer Cob on Thursday afternoon, thinking that I would have time to smoke it on the way home from Decatur, IL. Then I ended up talking on the phone all the way to St. Louis. Long story short, I'm smoking it now, as I type.
    I hope MDaws79 is coming over tonight. I've got some new smoke for him to try. Anyway, Good afternoon everyone!

psquared, Beefcube, TedVig and 11 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.