What Are You Smoking? June, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, Jun 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lucky Duck

Lucky Duck Active Member

True that!

Still smoking tobacco in pipes.

2. Russell Hartman

Russell Hartman Stay Silver

A little earlier in the day--Some Boswells Pa. Dutch Treat in one of my BST's. An evening after finishing up some chores--sit down on my porch with some McCranies Red Ribbon in a Jake Hackert nose warmer.

3. Jack Wagon

Jack Wagon Member

Listening to the bitch next door yell at her dog, or wait, did I word that wrong? The bitch is getting bitched at by the bitch next door. Darn did it again. One more try, the lady with the potty mouth is loudly directing expletives at her female canine. There, that wasn't as hard as it seemed.

Meanwhile, the smell of freshly applied weed killing spray is wafting across my back deck, as I sip on the last of a cob full of fine tobacco.

Good night all, smoke on!
    Viva la Cluba De La Pipes or something like that.

4. Morse

Morse Active Member

I'll have to get back to you on these - I went kinda nuts and picked up one of each of the new cubes and also the three Halbergs in my most recent order. My first bowl of the Bronze in my BST was really good - I had dried it properly and i had accidentally done a great job of packing. It was cool, bite free and I liked it. Tonight in the Tinksy I did a poor job of both drying and packing and it was not near as good - likely my fault. You are correct about aroma it's.............uncompromising. That said I think the cubes have always been squarely aimed at aro fans and there are times when that hits the spot for me. I do like the broken flake mixed with ribbon. I'm reserving judgement for now but as I get more familiar with these I will post a proper review.

Edited to add: it ain't no Grasmere or BSF ;)

5. krusty

krusty Active Member

I woulda said take a number but hey.... you don't have a lawn!
    Will down a 'nuther Guinness myself right now to go along with some Revor.

Oh yeah, krusty don't do flower beds! (-:

psquared, Jack Wagon, jdto and 10 others like this.
  6. Lucky Duck

Lucky Duck Active Member

MDaws79 and myself have filled our bowls with 3P's. MDaws79's pipe is a Rekamepip black Rock Cob with a camo shank. Mine is the MM SS GD. Saturday night bliss...Happy puffing.

7. user2453

user2453 Member

Gl Peases Triple Play in a beat up Peterson 313. I found 12 hours of drying time makes this one easier to smoke, albeit losing a little flavor.

8. User4408

User4408 Active Member

An astonishing number of German women actually look like that. Simmo has a hard life, between the Strang and the scenery.

In fact that's most likely not an advertisement at all ... probably just one of Simmo's neighbors who stepped out on her patio for a bit of frische Luft. We all know how damned active he is with that cell phone camera.

If he starts posting photos of shimmering Weizen beer glasses perched next to Black Forest hams, we'll know he's an undercover promotional agent for the German tourist board. We're on to you, Simmo.

Devil's Holiday in a Vauen, dreaming of that undulating German landscape ...

9. Mount Mandolin

Mount Mandolin Active Member

Kendal Flake in a Blakemar. A tragically underused Blakemar, by the way. The walls on this pipe are quite thin, and even if I slow it down as much as possible, the pipe still gets a bit too hot. Also, it came with a funky ghost in it. But now, I'm determined to give it a funky Lakeland ghost and learn how to smoke this pipe without overheating it, dammit! I hate to have pipes sitting around unused.

10. Lucky Duck

Lucky Duck Active Member

I've just begun a bowl of Dunhill Royal Yacht in my silver banded briar straight pot Suffolk. MDaws79 has moved on to Lane Limited's Burley Light Without the Bite in his MM CG.

11. GlassEye

GlassEye Member

Went for a cigar today, it nice after spending all day cleaning the garage. Sancho Panza Maduro that was in the humidor for a few years, corona size I think, lasted over two hours for some reason, ran out of daylight and I just gave up.

12. Thuber88

Thuber88 Well-Known Member

1 Dried out for a while, flake of ODF, in the AIC(Thanks to Rekamepip), with Ice tea, and barely filtered well water cubes, in the BGM, just finished watching The Phantom, now on to see what The Bates Motel is like, or Spies Like Us again, have not decided yet

13. jason1977

jason1977 Active Member

For my breakfast pipe, I'm going to have some H&H Classic Burley Cake in my new Country Gentleman MM cob with a cup of coffee~

I now own 5 cobs, 5 brier, & 1 meer. I'm a happy camper~

14. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Woke up, got out of bed, dragged a comb across my face, YOW! :confused: On my way downstairs I grabbed a smoke and looking up I saw Levi had to pee, grabbed his leash and grabbed my pipe. made the grass in seconds flat, when returned, he got his treat. Coffee done and pipe put back............... Mmm coffee, strong and black in the large china mug, AoTM in the MM Diplomat, good morning slackers PSFer's. :ccup:

15. Thuber88

Watch out for those early morning beatles on the grass:)

16. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

It's OK half were dead by the time we got back in. :eek:

Jack Wagon, YAPPG, surlysoul and 3 others like this.
  17. Thuber88

I know, it was
    Well, woke up this morning with a wine glass in my hand.
    Whose wine? What wine? Where the hell did I dine?
    Must have been a dream I don't believe where I've been

18. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Going out in the SL500 with a large china mug to cruise the beach, maybe, to listen to tunes, definitely and smoke a pipe, most assuredly, Droid RAZR in the pocket............. giddyap :bing:

19. porshcigar

porshcigar Member

Butera's Royal Vintage Latakia No. 2, in a blasted full bent.

20. cobbsmoker

cobbsmoker Active Member

Good morning, McClelland Dark Star in a Dr. Grabow with a fresh perked pot of Maxwell House.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.