What Are You Smoking? June, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, Jun 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. psquared

psquared DGErwin, my horse would like a word with you...

Debbie was a tough nut to crack...:whis:

fallsguy, dBear, Thuber88 and 6 others like this.
  2. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Uh.... no! :ngty:

fallsguy, dBear, Thuber88 and 5 others like this.
  3. BernardLerring

BernardLerring Active Member

Back on that eternal smoke that is 3 Noggins, smoked in a Falcon that is well ghosted with commonwealth mixture, quite a funky taste.

4. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

Anton Manger is a German pipemaker (80+), whose strategy is to deliver good pipes for favorable prices. For this pipe I payed 28 Euro (37$)
    Every friday he sells his pipes at german ebay, you can find him here:

http://www.ebay.de/sch/doppeltopper/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=

Some more information:
    http://pipedia.org/wiki/Manger

It's nothing special, but it's well made, the drilling is perfect - however, the stem work and the finish is not top-notch quality, but his pipes are nice commodity pipes and really good smoker.

Edit: oh, and it's a sitter!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

5. user3221

user3221 Active Member

smoking the sandpaper right off the disk pad
    other than the taste of pure briar - dr pepper on the side
    :puffy:

6. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

About to hoist more coffee, Cuban this go around then I have to stop again since I have an acupuncture session today as well, at least my headache is gone. Filling up a Castello pencil shanked gnarly billiard with some El Rincon de la pipa which came as a sample along with the pipe, a tin of #8 Oriental Mixture, a 2 pipe leather case and a tamper made from an antler tip covered with a 44 Magnum cartridge case. Sliced up a batch of Salami for later too.

[​IMG]

7. Tycho

Tycho Member

At this moment I fired up Gawith's Brown Bogie. Third time's a charm as first two ended up as fiasko because the tobacco wasnt dry enough. This time I put some through a grinder.

I really like the taste. It's full, heavy and quite easy on the tongue. Gonna try this again wityith a filtered pipe just to see if that minimizes that little bite if smoked a tad too fast. This tobacco will be in my permanent list.

8. muddler

muddler Active Member

SG BBF in a Pietenpauw fishing pipe.

[​IMG]

9. Thuber88

Thuber88 Well-Known Member

Having some R-Blend in the GBD/Comoy Zulu, and interesting blend and ice tea or coffee, as soon as I get around to it

10. jason1977

jason1977 Active Member

Ever finish a meal, go to your pipes, look at your tins and jars and think....good god, I want to smoke, I don't know what I want~!!!!! Today was an indecision decision, lol~

SO:for a bit of fun, I grabbed a cob, filled it with Peter Stokkebye's Luxury Bullseye Flake Medallions, & brewed a pot of Hazelnut coffee, no - Irish Cream...no Hazelnut....wait, Irish Cream....LMAO ~Irish Cream w. Bailey's in it!!! okay. In my favorite Navy coffee mug, no wait, Cracker Barrel....Navy...yeah, Navy Coffee Mug~ We have a winner. ~doesn't happen too often when I'm faced with indecision, that almost had me in a panic!!! ~~~I always know what I want! Let's hope this doesn't happen again~

11. Robin

Robin Member

Today I do not have to run or bike after work, rather it will be mowing the yard before the weekend/rain arrives. The good thing about this is I always wait till post workout to enjoy my pipe, now I'll have one while contemplating the mower. :) It's never a good idea to be hasty, and the pipe calms the nerves and steadies the mind for any endeavor, and I have a big yard to mow.

12. Artistik

Artistik Active Member

I grabbed a cob and CH at lunch and went out for a smoke. Immediately went back inside; 91*F with a "feels like" temp of 101*F. No thank you. I'll smoke that cob on the way home.

13. TedVig

TedVig total pipeflake

Had a nice bowl of LNF on the way to work. Rock solid smoke.

User4408, rondel65, Morse and 10 others like this.
  14. JimInks

Thanks to FishnBanjo, I'm smoking HU Edward G. in a 2003 medium bend straight grain Karl Erik freehand with a silver ferrule. Nearly finished with this bowl, and thinking about what the next smoke will be. I just got some hate from PipeSimmo, so I'm deciding which pipe goes with which tobacco.

15. jason1977

jason1977 Active Member

Nice~ I'm in PS heaven as well, just finished some bullseye medallions~ LNF is a good go to smoke & almost always PS ends up being the tie breaker when indecision arises, lol

Brian Stephen, TedVig, Morse and 9 others like this.
  16. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

I forgot what I sent you, so I can't help you with that. (Besides, your huge selection of pipes would no doubt overstretch my capabilities to decide anyway :beck: ) For my part, I decided on smoking a bowl of Motzeks#93 in a Pete Antique 1909.

17. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

He isn't deciding squat, the poor St Bernard is running up and down the aisles under the watchful eye of Mr Wooly whilst the nubiles cross reference the pipes by the 3"x5" Index Cards which have the preferred tobacco list under the pillow the pipe sits on. Each cross path has an iPad for reference purposes where a list of what you sent is now being processed to cross reference the tobacco against known tobacco's sir Jim has smoked, once complete a Pepsi with pure cane sugar will be provided to him with a choice of 4 pipes, on yet a larger pillow, that Mr Wooly chose along with the cross reference cheat sheet chart for sir Jim to make the final choice and then announce it here all without breaking a sweat! ;)

Artistik, Morse, fallsguy and 8 others like this.
  18. JimInks

Thank you for saving me the trouble of typing all that!! However, you did neglect to mention the twenty-seven 8x10 color glossy photos with circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one, that were signed by the blind judge and the seeing eye dog, who returned the shovels and rakes and other implements of destruction, and are currently on work release under the custody of Mr. Wooly.

Artistik, Morse, fallsguy and 10 others like this.
  19. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Well I would have but after being coffee deprived for nearly 40 hours I needed a fix! [​IMG] Just enough Kajun Kake to fill the Dunhill Cutty! [​IMG]

Brian Stephen, TedVig, Morse and 9 others like this.
  20. FlatbushPaul

FlatbushPaul Cellar is located in an undisclosed bunker

I'm goin home with the Chief's Princes Street in a Mauro Armellini Dublin with ice tea.

User4408, jpberg, rondel65 and 13 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.