1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

What Are You Smoking? June, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, Jun 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dBear

dBear Active Member

Smoking 5100 in the Squatch volcano.

Mington, rondel65, psquared and 11 others like this.
  2. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Thanks! Speaking of Strang, this tobacco is great! Flavors change here and there, spice hits hard at times and not so at times... a wonderful treat to behold! Thanks, PipeSimmo!

3. northernsmoke

northernsmoke Member

Just smoked 2 bowls of the Barbados Plantation from Sutliff. Very smooth, easy smoke with a flavor not too overwhelming. Those of you keen on aromatics and little "tobacco" flavor would surely enjoy the blend. Two bowls back to back in a MM cob with no bite from this newbie. I would recommend a good drying out though. I smoked it right from the tin and between the newbie packing job I did and the high moisture of the tobacco, it could be a challenge to keep lit.

4. Old Codger

Old Codger Well-Known Member

MacBaren Club Blend in a Peterson Sherlock Holmes meerschaum. This pipe always seems to be able to get everything out of any tobacco I put in it and tonight is no exception. Letting the BST Compact Little Brute take a rest, it's been burning stuff up at a furious rate today.
    10C(50F)H52%

5. JimInks

The Dodgers and D-Backs are tied 4-4 going to the 11th inning. No fights tonight. I'm listening, working and smoking 2008 Edgeworth Ready Rubbed (thanks Highstump) in a very much appreciated 1979 brown, slight bend grain etched flat front Stanwell Rego 969-48 (09).

6. dBear

dBear Active Member

Larry's Blend in my PSF POY 2013 Kaywoodie excellent smoker billiard. I wonder if there's a Moe's Blend and a Curly's Blend?

7. dBear

dBear Active Member

Just loaded up a honkin' big bowl of Classic Burley Kake in my Rekamepip maple tankard. I imagine this will last me the rest of the night. :bing:

Morse, FlatbushPaul, Mington and 9 others like this.
  8. PipeLotus

PipeLotus Member

Been a looooong shift. Winding down with my trusty Missouri Pride and some Carter Hall.

9. JimInks

The Dodgers lost to the D-Backs in the 12th, 8-6. I'm winning because I'm smoking Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 1980s smooth slight bend Wally Frank Dublin. Ice water is still my drink.

10. Ephraim

Ephraim Active Member

Good morning.
    So far just rain here, no t-storms yet...but no noubt they'll be here by dawn.

Smoking some PS Highland Whiskey. My brother's girlfriend recently surprised me with 3 blends from a tobacco shop in her town. :th1:
    I'm not normally keen on aromatics, but the Highland Whiskey is really good. Actually tastes like tobacco, with a subtle whiskey flavor of some type :puffy:

11. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Well, fitful nights sleep, awoke and headed down with the shadow on my flank, started up the Keurig and opened a pouch and filled the Charlie Brown cob and was about to head out when I felt a cold nose on my hand so I took Levi with me for his ablutions. Puffed on God only knows what since I don't remember what I put in that pouch as it was a sample so thanks to whoever sent it because it's perfect. Into the second large china mug of Khave, strong and black, Levi is behind me on the bed turning back into the lump. Good morning PSFer's, here's hoping all our members in boomer and T territory are safe this morning. :ccup:

Morse, dBear, Brian Stephen and 13 others like this.
  12. SidStavros

SidStavros Active Member

Sabaton - Black Howk Down 7734

Sergeant First Class Randall David Shughart (August 13, 1958–October 3, 1993)
    Master Sergeant Gary Ivan Gordon (August 30, 1960 – October 3, 1993)
    In Memoriam of those 2 brave soldiers. [​IMG]

Briar Patch Black Velvet.

13. JimInks

Not sure I'll finish this smoke before bed, but I'll do what I can! Rekamepip's "Sinphony" Mix in a smooth three quarter bend 1979 made in Israel pipe. I've a few more box scores to read.

14. mecompco

mecompco Active Member

Finishing the last of my Anni Kake in the Pete 305. Wasn't paying attention and knocked my 2nd cup of coffee on the floor--sigh! Filling the POY w/CH for the drive to work. Have a great day, all!

Morse, dBear, JimInks and 11 others like this.
  15. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Finished the unknown tobacco in the Charlie Brown pipe, man this poor thing just gets fuglier with every smoke it now is bulging in several directions and looks like the Borg of cobs! I might have to take a torch out and rework the look, third large china mug, strong and black. Thinking of riding around for some tunes but then I need gas too, hmm............

Morse, dBear, Brian Stephen and 9 others like this.
  16. porshcigar

porshcigar Member

Frog Morton, in a blasted dublin.

Morse, dBear, Brian Stephen and 8 others like this.
  17. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Mystery solved, I was smoking Esoterica Dunbar, lovely smoke, had a second smoke in the MM Diplomat while cruising the interstate to head on over the NH where the gas is nearly $.20 less/gallon and now into large china mug #5 thinking I need to get Levi out for his walkabout sooner rather than later due to the storms that will provoke us shortly. In keeping with the enjoyment I believe the Tsuge Tankard is destined for a fill of Dunbar. ;) Need to make sure the varnish touch-up job I did to the Orvis rod my friend will retrieve today is ready to go.

Morse, dBear, Brian Stephen and 8 others like this.
  18. jpberg

jpberg Moderator Moderator

Good Morning,

Getting ready to head out for the weekend. JDTO, if you see smoke to the north of you, it's just me.

Special Latakia Flake, in a Squatch.

Morse, dBear, Brian Stephen and 11 others like this.
  19. Artistik

Artistik Active Member

CH, Cob, Coffee. Woke up to 78*F with 90% humidity here in Florida's Capital City. Won't be suitable pipe smoking weather at work today!

dBear, surlysoul, JimInks and 9 others like this.
  20. 5H4N3

5H4N3 Active Member

Off to work with Proper English in the Viking.
    Good Thursday to you friends.

Morse, dBear, surlysoul and 10 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.