What Are You Smoking? June, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, Jun 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Needed a short smoke, so thanks to FishnBanjo, it's Georgetown Tobacco Reverie in a smooth straight late 1970s Tinderbox Selected Grecian Briar Dublin. The O's and Red Sox are still tied 4-4 in the 13th.

2. Ephraim

Ephraim Active Member

Puffing up some Highland Whiskey in a MM Washington. :puffy:
    This is a really good blend that has me questioning my previous disdain for aromatics.
    Not quite as good as SWRA, but really nice stuff. Perhaps a little too moist than I prefer but that can be remedied.

Survived a couple waves of t-storms today. Nice and cool outside this evening.

3. Ephraim

Ephraim Active Member

When I lived in northern Virginia I was a regular at Georgetown Tobacco. They have some very nice blends.
    The Nats are back over .500! :)

4. TedVig

TedVig total pipeflake

Argosy black match from p&c in a stanwell bent acorn. When I first smoked a pipe, I only smoked argosy black. Its funny, I have some original argosy black. This is pretty close. Memories...

5. Mount Mandolin

Mount Mandolin Active Member

Somebody please, make the torture stop! Make it stop! God I want that pipe!

Smoking some SG BBF in a Northern Briars banker. This is a great tin I just opened; the flakes are cut so that it rubs out into a shaggy ribbon, and it burns wonderfully. It's so humid outside that my wine glass got covered in condensation as soon as I stepped outside.

6. Morse

Morse Active Member

Do you mean flakes cut from Grousemoor plug? Unbelievably I have had a jar of Grousemoor sitting around for a good year or so - I think I need to give it a try tomorrow.

7. krusty

krusty Active Member

There is that. Amazing how the little furballs can clutter up a stairwell at o-dark thirty!

Dan Tobacco's Hamborger Veermaster in my GBD "Pedigree" erm, Lovat I think....

Lovat, billiard, there are times IR so confused...

ETA: What shape and why?
    [​IMG]

8. dBear

dBear Active Member

And now for something completely different: Black Lung in the Crowley's Ridge red rock pipe. (Actually, there's quite a bit of this blend in the remnants pouch, so it's not really completely different. But this is also the first bowl in a pipestone pipe today.)

9. JimInks

It's somebody's anniversary somewhere, so I'm smoking Anniversary Kake in a smooth 1979 Chippendale (Charatan second) Rhodesian 49. Thanks to FishnBanjo for the tobacco. More work, more ice water, more baseball talk on the XM.

10. dBear

dBear Active Member

11. Thuber88

Thuber88 Well-Known Member

R-Blend in a Grabow 65(sweet little pipe :D ), then when that was almost gone, I topped it back up with Reverie(thanks to FishnBanjo), I'm puffing on it now. After that we shall see

12. dBear

dBear Active Member

I vote for something in Petey Greene :)

fishnbanjo, surlysoul, YAPPG and 4 others like this.
  13. Stonewall

Stonewall Active Member

Frog Morton on the Town in a rusticated Savinelli Trevi 607 KS.

14. Thuber88

A distinct possibility!

fishnbanjo, surlysoul, YAPPG and 3 others like this.
  15. Basil Meadows

Basil Meadows Active Member

Loading up the pipe with some vanilla cav for the drive home. Wife called earlier tonight and said a tornado touched down about a mile and a half from our house. Only damage was some trees and a transformer. We'll be without power and water until Saturday. Sucks but thrilled no one was hurt and no real property damage to speak of. Guess we'll be eating out!

16. Thuber88

Very glad you're all ok Basil!
    Hope they can fix you back up before Saturday though

17. JimInks

Still working, still drinking ice water, which we know how to chill, and while listening to old radio shows on the XM, I'm smoking Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 1982 black sandblasted paneled slight bend Savinelli flat bottom sitter. Red Skelton's on now.

18. Thuber88

Standing on the balcony lukeen down, I feel I chud lissen to the pipples as they call out my name, or is it Petey's name? either way, the Pipples ha spokin, and yus to show dem I lissen to dem, It weell be sum Erinmore Flake in Mr Petey Greene, and of course de ice-ed tea in the BGM

19. dBear

dBear Active Member

[​IMG] Greene-go! Greene-go! Greene-go!

20. BernardLerring

BernardLerring Active Member

Morning folks. Kicking off the day with some Tesco finest own brand coffee to the tune of a Falconful of Commonwealth Mixture. Then, once I've woken up, I might just decide what my first smoke of the day is going to be.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.