What Are You Smoking? March, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, Mar 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dBear

dBear Active Member

Good band. I liked the tune.

Q: What's a really teensy tiny duck say?
    A: Quark! Quark! Quark! :laff:

2. dBear

dBear Active Member

Also known as pork & beans and wieners. Frankfurters. Hot Dogs. Not like German sausage at all. We'd probably call those Brats (bratwurst)

Old Codger, psquared, YAPPG and 3 others like this.
  3. Mount Mandolin

Mount Mandolin Active Member

I feel like I've stumbled into the funny house in here today.

Good afternoon folks. Smoking some '06 Telegraph Hill in a Northern Briars banker.

[​IMG]

Another beautiful day here. 70˚F (21˚C) in the shade, 29% RH, winds SW at 17 mph, gusting to 25. Not bad at all.

4. dBear

dBear Active Member

[​IMG]

The Wally Frank is for smoking, not eating.

5. Mount Mandolin

If you'll pick me up at the airport and drive me out to Banff, I'll be on my way, OC. But I refuse to do it myself, because the only decent way to get there is through Calgary, and I ain't driving through Calgary, no sir. One time driving in that city was one too many.

Old Codger, YAPPG and Lucky Duck like this.
  6. dBear

dBear Active Member

Beautiful pipe on a beautiful day! Has Spring finally arrived? :th1:

7. Mount Mandolin

I'm not jumping to conclusions just yet, as there are still lows in the low 40's and probably 30's coming up. Personally, I like winter, so I hope Spring will hold off just a little while longer, but knowing Alabama, I won't have that luck. Still, this place gets awfully beautiful around April, so I should have some great opportunities to take and post photos then.

Morse, YAPPG, JimInks and 3 others like this.
  8. Wicker Man

Wicker Man Active Member

[​IMG]
    try posts #13 and #14 http://pipesmokersforum.com/community/threads/anyone-into-fly-fishing.26381/

9. highstump

highstump Active Member

Good afternoon all. Been running errands all morning and I can now say without reservation that Salem Oregon has the worst drivers in...well, everywhere with the possible exception of Italy. :doh:
    Get home and settle in for an afternoon of sanity and find out Wicker Man has a tobacco shop that stocks bananas! :eek:
    I did enjoy the travel log photos there WM and would love to visit those places someday, but I'm afraid I must wait until you folks learn to drive on the proper side of the road.

While that transition takes place, I will be smoking some McClelland #5125 in a pipe stamped simply "BRASSO" over Italy.

psquared, YAPPG, jpberg and 5 others like this.
  10. Lucky Duck

Lucky Duck Active Member

Van Rossems Aromatic Cavendish Troost (Thanks mrpipster), in the YSCF. First impression of this blend...salty sweet woody richness. Good smoke. Just finishing this bowl up.

psquared, YAPPG, PipeSimmo and 2 others like this.
  11. Wicker Man

Wicker Man Active Member

I bet it doesn't :ngty: [​IMG]

psquared, ruralhipster, Morse and 6 others like this.
  12. Wicker Man

Wicker Man Active Member

Sells this as well [​IMG]

psquared, Mington, YAPPG and 2 others like this.
  13. Lucky Duck

Lucky Duck Active Member

J.M. Boswells Boswells Best (Thanks mrpipster), in the meer lined Grabow billiard. Having only just charr lit, tamped, relit...very first impression, smooth, light smoke. enjoyable.

psquared, Morse, JimInks and 6 others like this.
  14. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

this is a little confusing...Wiener Würstchen is a sausage made from calf and it's Austrian, the german sausages are Frankfurter Würstchen made from calf and pork and it's a cooked sausage used for Hot Dogs, Nürnberger Rostbratwürstchen are pork and I guess what you're eating right there - but what is a german sausage? Are you talking about a bavarian Weißwurst?
    [​IMG]
    back on topic:
    My after dinner bowl is Strang in Manger.

psquared, JimInks, dwaugh and 6 others like this.
  15. highstump

highstump Active Member

Woops! I left out an 'A'. :bag: (I hate it when that happens.)
    "BARASSO"

psquared, Brit abroad, YAPPG and 4 others like this.
  16. user3221

user3221 Active Member

Starting the Day with some 30year old high class pipe tobacco in my MM Maple pipe

104_0307.JPG

17. Jfro

Jfro Member

Wow this is a sausage fest...

Frog Morton in my English Blend Falcon bowl

[​IMG]

psquared, JimInks, Mington and 6 others like this.
  18. dBear

dBear Active Member

What an interesting difference amongst countries. In the US, Hot Dogs (also known as Frankfurters, Franks, Wieners and sometimes, but not commercially, Tube Steaks) used to be made of beef. (I used Oscar Meyer Classic Beef Franks in my meal.) But not that many years ago, when they began trying to convince us that red meat is bad for us, we started getting hot dogs made of turkey, pork and chicken. Lord, there's probably even soy 'furters for sale somewhere! I've never seen white wurst - what do they put in there to make them so white? And what's the translation for "wurst" anyway? The "chen" suffix means "little," right? And is Wiener a city in Austria? (I know Frankfurt is just down the road from you, so I'm just guessing that Wiener and Nurnberg are cities as well.)

psquared, JimInks, PipeSimmo and 3 others like this.
  19. PipeWife

PipeWife Active Member

Yeesh, take a couple days to play outside and get over a dozen pages behind! Bleh. So I finally finished up that meer of Sam's Flake from Thursday evening, then had a MM 5th Ave Dip full of H&H CBK while hubby burned a cigar as we watched the mostly-dead tree trunk burn this afternoon. Hubby took the chainsaw to the smaller tree I had cut down, and piled up the sections to season as that one wasn't hollowed out in the center.

psquared, Morse, JimInks and 6 others like this.
  20. ShilohHollow

ShilohHollow Anchors Aweigh

Mcclelland FMOTT in a cob.

psquared, JimInks, Mington and 6 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.