1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

What Are You Smoking? March, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, Mar 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mount Mandolin

Mount Mandolin Active Member

Ok, one more bowl before I go. Bald Headed Teacher (from 4noggins) in a cob. This stuff is terrific. Has a really nice sweetness to it, and a small amount of Latakia that is just a perfect touch. This is easily the best blend I've had from Rich yet, a real winner. And it's priced very fairly, like all his blends. This is one that I couldn't imagine someone not liking. Do yourself a favor and try some out.

2. Brit abroad

Brit abroad Active Member

GLP Jackknife in a MM Cob with iced tea, tis a goodly smoke!

3. mojo66

mojo66 Member

C&D Three Friars in a Italian basket billiard. :)

4. Basil Meadows

Basil Meadows Active Member

Ok, went to McCranie's today with one of my sons and Kevin McKenny. Had a really great time! Got a 100gram tin of Frog Morton's Cellar Pipe Tobacco and an ounce of McCranie's Coventry. Spent some time there just chatting with the fellows at the shop and looking at pipes and trying different samples. After the drive back and something to eat, great little nap. Having some of the Frog Morton's in the shop pipe, with Pepsi. Great day!

5. dwaugh

dwaugh Moderator Moderator

I loved spending time in Germany because they take their sausage seriously. I think during one of my first dinner in Germany we had about 15 different kinds of sausage. All of them were good. :)

6. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Kendal Dark in the BST, in my new super comfy desk chair. At my desk. Out of the cold and the wind.

It's nice to be home!

7. WalkinStick

WalkinStick Active Member

Still drinking and still smoking. Moved my buddy onto LBF in a cob. I'm smoking Pirate Kake cradled by Irish Flake. Surprisingly good. Drinking Swamphead Bignose IPA's. Definitely a Saturday for the books. :th1:

8. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

yeah, Wurst ist wichtig.

wikipedia:

Weisswurst is traditionally manufactured early in the morning and prepared and eaten as a snack between breakfast and lunch—there is a saying that the sausages should not be allowed to hear the church bells' noon chime.[1] Traditionally, Weisswurst may only be served until midday because preservatives are not used, the meat is not smoked, and hence the sausage is made fresh every day. Before modern refrigeration technologies, in summertime the sausages would go bad before nightfall. Even today, most Bavarians eat their Weisswurst before noon.

crazy dudes, these germans :beck:

9. Brit abroad

Talking of sausage, anyone tried Boudin Noir from France or similar Black Pudding from the UK?

Lucky Duck, psquared, Tsal and 5 others like this.
  10. WalkinStick

I'm part Cajun, so, yessir. Boudin is where it's at. Love it. Boudin noir is pretty heavy.

11. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Earlier, it was Onyx in a 2003 medium bend lattice URAL meer. Now, I'm part way through a bowl of PS Luxury Navy Flake in a smooth three quarter bend early '70s Stanwell Design Choice 837 sitter. And a Sprite.

12. Brit abroad

You would like Black Pudding then, it has a little pearl barley in it as well.

Lucky Duck, Wicker Man, dBear and 3 others like this.
  13. WalkinStick

That does sound good. It would probably be good with this bowl of Irish Flake in my bent pride.

14. Brit abroad

We slice it and fry it for breakfast with bacon and eggs, superb!

Lucky Duck, psquared, jpberg and 5 others like this.
  15. BradNTX

BradNTX Well-Known Member

I'm not a jealous person by nature, but I am jealous of that. I've purchased 2 pipes, and a few pounds of tobacco via internet and 3 at the store, but it's too far to visit more than once or twice in a lifetime for me. I'd hang out there often if I lived in Birmingham. Maybe it's good from a marital standpoint, that I'm in Texas. :oops:

BHT was one of the first Lat blends I've ever tried and its still one of my favorites too. I love this stuff.

16. krusty

krusty Active Member

Irish Flake in the pipe, you can see what's in the glass (-:
    [​IMG]

17. WalkinStick

Mmmmmm.. Time for another drink.....

18. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Vaperburlataro ! Mayor

My OT pipe .. Ogdens Walnut . It's 57 degrees outside ..... perfect ! No rain today and it got to 73 degrees . Evan Williams shots ... but just a couple .....and maybe one more later . I was supposed to go to a party last night but didn't . So I figure I can have an extra one tonight if I want . BTW , any word from Rewster or Goat ? From now on no more animal names , please ... they make me worry to damn much . I miss Rewster big time and even the mangy Goat

19. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Vaperburlataro ! Mayor

What a beautiful combo !

Lucky Duck, Brit abroad and YAPPG like this.
  20. krusty

krusty Active Member

As is yours!
    (-:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.