What Are You Smoking? March, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, Mar 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wicker Man

Wicker Man Active Member

Nearly :blah: from Mrs Wicker about how much Bombay I was testing for PSF reasearch, :whis:so I toped up the glass a few times with Grants
    and got :blah: for leaving the Lemon slice in :msty: It worked quite well.
    I'll have to do more testing - Whiskey slice of Lemon :bag: more later

2. cmkiefer

cmkiefer Member

Macbaren Scottish Blend in a bent Legend

3. Wicker Man

Wicker Man Active Member

Missed the March Meer. Madness Day 25 in the Altinok by 35 minutes :oops: So the Bears just wound the time back an hour
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    and I'm having a [​IMG] in the Altinok as the final pipe tonight, and photograph it in the morning, then have it for the first pipe of the day.
    I've lost count of how many bowls I've smoked in the Passatore Rubin today 10 - 12 - 15 ? :msty: but mostly I've just tapped the lose ash out and refilled it, no wet dottle, no gurgles, no tar it's not even had a cleaner shaken at it, it just carried on smoking sweet :byg: :bing:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Not bad for an $18 pipe :sh:

4. TheKiltedOne

TheKiltedOne Active Member

Today I've been puffing away on an English smelling blend I picked up an Oz of while on holiday, I cant remember then name since all I have now is the clear bag I got it in. It was in my Meer while wandering around in the snow at work.

5. Atom

Atom Member

Brilliant as always Wicker Man! Its great fun to see what you'll come up with next, Thank You!
    I put 2 more bowls of SWR through the Dr.G Lark today.

6. BigJ

BigJ Active Member

Yep the last 3 bowls I've smoked have all been Escudo. So sue me. This time in a Pete Killarney.
    [​IMG]

7. mojo66

mojo66 Member

Park Lane An Aperitif in a Stanwell Sixtus. :)

8. p120d16y

p120d16y Active Member

AJ's VaPer in a cob, few good pinches of GH Lakeland snuff, and watching "The Who, The Mods, and the Quadrophenia." A Mountain Dew to go with for the first time in over 3 months. ( I nearly got as detailed as you guys there!)

9. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Vintage 1978 MacBaren Symphony (thanks FlatbushPaul) in a smooth three quarter bend 1979 made in Israel pipe. Hot tea to drink and work to do as soon as I get Suzy out of my chair. Suzy loves napping in my studio chair and I always have to be careful to look for her before I sit down.

10. Mington

Mington Well-Known Member

Only time for a quick bowl tonight, so a rare appearance for the mini cob and some C&D Burley Flake #2

11. Mount Mandolin

Mount Mandolin Active Member

London Mixture in a Savinelli Roma 626 after dinner. Had fried chicken (shame on me) with spinach and peas (yay for me). Really tasty.

Nice, brisk night here. 39˚F (4˚C), 48% RH, northwest winds at 15 mph, gusting to 30 mph. Certainly not cold enough to keep me inside. Finishing up some prep I'm doing for an interview I have to conduct tomorrow morning. Need to get 45 minutes of material, so I need to shape these questions well and build in some flexibility. Gotta keep the lady talking. She's a talker, so that helps, but 45 minutes is a long interview, so I hope I can get her excited enough about the subject to make the interview a productive one.

I swear, work like this is easier to do with a pipe in my mouth. Maybe I'm just making that up, but I get all pensive when I'm smoking. Who ever heard of a good writer who wasn't a smoker, anyway? All those "tobacco is the devil" people are just plain nuts. "If I cannot smoke in heaven, then I shall not go." Damn right, Mr. Clemens.

12. WallyBSez

WallyBSez Member

Quick smoke tonight: Anni Kake in MM mini cob. Fave tobacco two months into smoking

13. psquared

psquared DGErwin, my horse would like a word with you...

It's fun poking the bear :poke: ;)

14. Brit abroad

Brit abroad Active Member

In my little corner of the colony it isn't Nithering, its freakin Baltic, mind you its starting to warm up, at least my snot isn't freezing anymore, back on topic, Jackknife in a cob with a little iced tea. that'll do nicely thankyou!

15. p120d16y

p120d16y Active Member

Exactly what I had for dinner without the rolls.

Now some LNF in a cob.

EDIT: Oh, wait. No, I had potatoes and a sweet potato in the roast. Not mashed potatoes.

16. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

LPF in a 40 some year old MarxMan Chimney.

17. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Bosun Cut Plug in the Royal Coachman bulldog. Nice way to wind down at the end of the day. Love this stuff!

18. derrickyoung

derrickyoung Member

Going to go out with some princes street in the Brebbia
    [​IMG]

19. Bear84

Bear84 Member

Went for the Dark English Full in a Savinelli

20. pacificflows

pacificflows Member

Can anyone explain to me why my McClelland Scottish Woods smells like BBQ sauce?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.