1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

What Are You Smoking? March, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, Mar 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. psquared

psquared DGErwin, my horse would like a word with you...

:bday: Gentimmy

2. User4408

User4408 Active Member

A fragrant bowl of Mixture Scottish Blend (shock, horror!) in a Cavicchi Bent Dublin ...

[​IMG]

For what it's worth, this very combination gave me the best smoke of my life. Years ago I had 2+ hours of tedious landscaping ahead of me, and I thought: well, at least I can smoke! But, being slightly irritated and impatient I just grabbed a clump of Mixture and screwed it into the top of my Cavicchi, taking all of 2 seconds to accomplish the task. And I also lit it with equal neglect.

About 5 minutes later I noticed it was smoldering away on its own and emitting the most delicious side-stream smoke I had ever smelled. And the flavor, mixed with the fresh air of the Sonoran Desert, was mouth watering. I've tried re-creating the experience later to no avail. Sometimes things just work out that way.

Longshanks, Morse, Thuber88 and 11 others like this.
  3. fordy

fordy Member

Abandoned previous pipe, will finish later.

Now: 1/2 Bowl of St Bruno RR in the Barber B-Line Medium group 4 straight Billiard Ref:24. Early impressions - WOW!
    [​IMG]
    Next up will be 1/2 bowl of St Bruno RR in Ben Wade Western Rustic Bent Pipe a1.
    [​IMG]
    Then it will be 1/2 bowl St Bruno RR in Barber B-Line Medium group 4/5 Bent Ref:30.
    [​IMG]
    :):):)
    _ _ __

Longshanks, Morse, Thuber88 and 12 others like this.
  4. User4408

User4408 Active Member

Those are incredible blasts. Congratulations.

I purchased an inexpensive Barber years ago that was the equal of a Ferndown at less than 1/3 of the price. That's why it definitely pays to keep your eyes open in the pipe world. Tremendous values out there.

Mark Dawson, YAPPG and Brit abroad like this.
  5. gentimmy

gentimmy Active Member

Thanks!

Nothing like a major test to interrupt celebration. After a serious nap, I'll be hitting the trails on the bike, then Irresponsible drinking and actions will occur around 3pm ...with a cigar.

Mark Dawson, p120d16y, dBear and 9 others like this.
  6. derrickyoung

derrickyoung Member

That pipe looks far nicer than the $45.00 price tag they have on it. Must check this out

Mark Dawson, p120d16y, YAPPG and 5 others like this.
  7. Jfro

Jfro Member

Wow that is stunning!

Mark Dawson, dBear, YAPPG and 2 others like this.
  8. porshcigar

porshcigar Member

Samovar, in a blasted, bent tomato.

p120d16y, dBear, YAPPG and 6 others like this.
  9. Jfro

Jfro Member

Happy Birthday!!!

Mark Dawson, Brit abroad and YAPPG like this.
  10. derrickyoung

derrickyoung Member

11. FoxHounder84

FoxHounder84 Member

It's certainly riveting thus far! I've started the complete Sherlock Holmes collection on my Kindle, and I'm so glad I did. I needed a break from my journey through Stephen King's catalog. And a refreshing break it is.

There are 3 places I've discovered in the city that allow smoking, but this one (McGlinchy's) is the perfect combination of cheaper craft beer, unpretentious clientele, and dark ambivalent charm. The staff is rude, the music is typically rock and heavy metal, and I've not once been bothered about sitting and smoking my pipe/reading.

On topic, had a bowl of Orlik Golden Sliced in a cob on the ride to work. Lovely.

12. fordy

fordy Member

Well the first smoke in it was excellent. It is lighter than it looks as well. No idea what the slight fault is because I can't find any. I would have been happy with this one paying 3x the price. Looks, how it feels in the hand - superb.

13. FlatbushPaul

FlatbushPaul Cellar is in an undisclosed Bunker

Good Morning PSF,
    Gl Pease's Telegraph Hill in the Squatch Dublin with my morning black coffee.

Happy Smoking,
    Paul

Morse, Mark Dawson, p120d16y and 9 others like this.
  14. Wicker Man

Wicker Man Active Member

A cold but bright morning at Wicker Villas, been waiting for the postman before first smoke of the day :(
    :banana:he landed sign here [​IMG] [​IMG] and it was worth the wait, from Greens of Leeds
    http://www.smoke-king.co.uk/acatalo...Mixture-Pipe-Tobacco-50g-Tin-732.html#SID=157
    As always landed next day and again with a free chocolate, guess who snaffeled that ?
    Opened the tin and Wow it smells like Tabacco, that's not ment to be funny it's all so subjective, or at least what I think Tobacco should smell like.
    [​IMG]
    wasted no time in filling the Altinok for March Meer. Madness Day 28 (where's the month gone :cfsd:)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    the Altinok barely got warm and the smoke was that good I've refilled it :bing:
    perhaps there's some better worded reviews here
    http://www.tobaccoreviews.com/blend_detail.cfm?ALPHA=O&TID=974
    All's well at Wicker Villas
    [​IMG]

15. Artistik

Artistik Active Member

:bday:
    Last night's encounter with Red Cake was remarkable. I rubbed out some #2010 to be ready for this morning. So the commute was with Mc. C #2010, briar and coffee. 33F and no wind. May be a great pipe day!

Stormy, p120d16y, dBear and 9 others like this.
  16. TheKiltedOne

TheKiltedOne Sales Account

Morning all, I have a brand new pouch of SWRA and a falcon with two bowls I'm leaving to drive down to Dumfries in about half an hour so I'll put that combination to work on the drive.

Stormy, dBear, YAPPG and 10 others like this.
  17. Lucky Duck

Lucky Duck Active Member

That last bowl of Blakeneys Best lasted me about two hours. Now I'm smoking some of Tinder Box's Chocolate Treat in the meer-lined Grabow billiard . Killing time before I head back to the warehouse.

18. Monkeyshine

Monkeyshine Active Member

Kickin Chicken in a straight GBD pot

Lucky Duck, p120d16y, dBear and 5 others like this.
  19. psquared

psquared DGErwin, my horse would like a word with you...

You know what hits the spot? Edgeworth Ready Rubbed (Original) in a Doug Erwin nose warmer. Thanks to my favorite biologist.

20. FlatbushPaul

FlatbushPaul Cellar is in an undisclosed Bunker

Happy B' day! :bday:

Morse, Lucky Duck, dBear and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.