What Are You Smoking? March, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, Mar 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mount Mandolin

Mount Mandolin Active Member

Just popped this open. Been sitting on it since early 2010.

[​IMG]

Loading some up in the Squatch, should be delicious. Haven't smoke Escudo in quite awhile.

2. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Enjoyed the FVF, and was going to smoke something else, but I decided to smoke down this sample of Dark Horse in a 1980 smooth Lorenzo Ambra 803 Oom Paul with a lucite stem. I've enough for maybe two bowls. John Patton makes a lot of great blends and this is no exception. So it's back to work with hot tea, and old radio shows.

3. Biggles

Biggles Active Member

Peterson's 3P in a Duncan meer and a large brandy. :puffy:

[​IMG]

4. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

Players Navy Cut in a Genoa
    for the commute home.
    Just one more week, and
    Miss Snake and I will be
    under one roof. :eek:
    :ohyh:

5. dwaugh

dwaugh Moderator Moderator

Sorry about that, I think it's the Dark Twist, which also says, Roll Cake, but not to be confused with MacB that is called Roll Cake, but also says spun cut. I wrote Roll Cake on the jar, and I don't think I have had the stuff that is is the Roll Cake Spun Cut. So really :msty: So much of life is though, no big deal :D

6. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

I'm about ten minutes away from lighting up the next to last bowl of this sample of Steven Books Irishman's 5 O'Clock (thanks to FlatbushPaul) in a 1949 medium bend Dunhill Shell. And more hot tea.

7. SouthBound

SouthBound Active Member

Dark Flake scented in a Brebbia 8311.

G'night, fellows.

8. User4408

User4408 Active Member

Just the sound of that gives me the niccups. You take no half measures, do you Jfro?

And BTW, that's a fine looking 510. The Sav Baronet Bruyere is next on my list. I have my eye on a colossal 316. But the 510's a classic. Saddle bit, I presume?

9. FlatbushPaul

FlatbushPaul Cellar is located in an undisclosed bunker

Louisiana Red thanks to Jiminks in a GBD New Era Billiard.

10. MDaws79

MDaws79 Member

Smoking some Dunhill Nightcap in my Bears Den billiard while listening to last nights Coast to Coast AM on Canada's AM 640 via Tunein.com. First time smoking this one and first impressions are that it is living up to its reputation. Any fans of the paranormal might want to give this a listen, I think they have some good EVP's coming up. http://tunein.com/radio/Talk-Radio-AM-640-s31152/

Added later: No EVP's tonight..so I guess this isn't last nights episode, because I woke up to some creapy sounding stuff at 4:30 this morning.

11. Jfro

Jfro Member

The only time I had any kinda of nic rush was 3 coins of Escudo after not eating for a day. I have some Irish flake coming sooner or later to test my true mettle.

The EX line is nice, but so large I usually only bring it out on weekends, but I was off today so it got the call for after dinner smoke. I am finding myself eyeing up featherweight style pipes more and more.

Yup- saddle.

Btw that FVF could have been a touch less wet- though to the touch I thought I had crispy flakes.

12. Jeff10236

Jeff10236 Member

I had some MacBaren Navy Flake in my Hardcastle rusticated bulldog earlier today. Before bed I'll probably have a small bowl of an aro (not sure which, probably a 4noggins blend though) in my MM Pony cob, similarly sized meerschaum, or half a bowl in a smaller pipe since it is late and I'm getting tired.

13. jdto

jdto Well-Known Member

Frog Morton in the Altinok Bent Apple Spigot. Sweet, salty, smoky...McC Virginias are nice and the lat is good. This is just a pleasant smoke for me, anytime, anyplace.

14. Smokey

Smokey Active Member

Golden Extra in the old PSF POY Cob

15. muddler

muddler Active Member

FVF in a Pietenpauw billiard with morning coffee. Going to visit Mr Jan Pietenpauw later this morning - he lives about 20 minutes from me.

[​IMG]

Beefcube, dBear, jdto and 15 others like this.
  16. JRobert

JRobert Serious Cat Forum Guide

SWRA in a DG Omega. Chamomile tea.

dBear, JimInks, psquared and 11 others like this.
  17. Stonewall

Stonewall Active Member

Well when I awake in the mid morning ill dust of that little jar of McClelland 5100 and load a vintage MM Washington. I'll probably have a coffee to accompany it. I'm just finishing up Alone in the Wilderness parts 1 and 2 before I sleep. I must have seen this a dozen times.

18. JonnyReb

JonnyReb Member

Mac baren 7 seas royal in a mm cob

dBear, psquared, Wicker Man and 6 others like this.
  19. fordy

fordy Member

Morning peeps,
    Day off for everyone today - yeah! Bright & sunny in the (York)Shire this a.m. if a little nippy this early in the day.

James Barbers James Blend in the B-Line Billiard to kick off the day. Clipper Pure Green tea.
    [​IMG]

dBear, jdto, psquared and 12 others like this.
  20. fordy

fordy Member

Doesn't the tea leak through the cob?

dBear, Brit abroad, YAPPG and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.