What Are You Smoking? May, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, May 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Atom

Atom Member

Grey, overcast, off and on rain today.
    I'm smoking LTF in a Sterling Hall by Briarcraft #16, utilizing MentorBV move of stirring the ash.
    Happy smoking Saturday!

2. BriarRabbit

BriarRabbit Member

About to go outside and watch some baseball (back porch), spark up some SG SJF in some no-name billiard briar

3. LifeOfRiley

LifeOfRiley Active Member

Just tried a sample of FM Cellar. Good tobacco, but I can't say I got much of a bourbon note.

4. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Now smoking Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 1982 black sandblasted paneled slight bend Savinelli flat bottom sitter. Same bottle of Sprite for those who are keeping score.

5. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Having some Bull Run in the Black Rock Cob made by some grump that throws old one legged ladies off his lawn, rubs kittens the wrong way and can't stay awake for more than 4 hours or 100 miles whichever comes first. :laff: Oh, hot chocolate on the side in the Pusser's Rum Mug Mmm.....

[​IMG]

6. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

I just saw there's also an Edward G. Robinson blend made by HU Tobacco...have you tried it? I don't know it, but I think fishnbanjo has some of it in his stash. :beck:
    https://shop.strato.de/epages/63080810.sf/en_GB/?ViewObjectID=37610320

Jack Wagon, surlysoul, Morse and 9 others like this.
  7. Mount Mandolin

Mount Mandolin Active Member

Yet another reason to move to Alaska: no ticks, no fleas, no snakes, no none of that. Of course, there are the grizzly bears, but hey.

Special Latakia Flake in a Savinelli. Shaping up to be a decent day here, going to try to go out to the woods if I can stand to burn the gas. I gotta say, that's one major strike against living in a big city: you have to drive 30-45 minutes to get to some nature. And much farther than that if you live in a real big city like NYC. B'ham is a bit of a dwarf compared to that, but still sprawly enough to keep me out of the woods more often than I'd like.

8. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

9. psquared

psquared DGErwin, my horse would like a word with you...

Packed up the pound of group buy Kickin' Chicken, some jars, some vac packed ( some soon to be sent hate mail). Put some of the scraps in the WM Clay...lets see if this fresh chicken has any punch.

10. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

:beck:

11. Thuber88

Thuber88 Well-Known Member

If Jiminks dont got it in his warehouse, or the catacombs, it aint worth havin!;)

Jack Wagon, surlysoul, Morse and 10 others like this.
  12. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

Let's see how much fishnbanjo will reorder, after trying it. :ngty:

Jack Wagon, surlysoul, Morse and 9 others like this.
  13. Liquidblue4

Liquidblue4 Member

Nightcap & Chocolate Flake mix. My woman made some chocolate chip cookies and they pair together wonderfully. I don't know if the chocolate flake is imparting its chocolaty essence onto the cookies overall, or if I just forgot what chocolate tastes like... but damn it's good.

14. user3221

user3221 Active Member

and where does one get EGR's Pipe Blend ?? :)

15. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG] :zom:

:wch:

16. Wicker Man

Wicker Man Active Member

Cold wet and windy outside all day with a hail storm to finish the afternoon off ! Summer :cfsd:
    a brief bright spell after tea went down to the Greenhouse with the Meer. lined WHC Curlynob and Wicker mix
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I had long trousers and wool pullover on and was still cold [​IMG] lit sump heater in Greenhouse finished pipe and came inside to the stove
    will check before I go to bed and might just plant fleece them for the night
    [​IMG]

17. ShilohHollow

ShilohHollow Anchors Aweigh

Erinmore Flake in a Peterson System 31. The wife is at a play, the baby is asleep and I'm on the patio smoking ans drinking coffee. Its a good day.

18. rondel65

rondel65 Misplaces Lighters

Just "snorked" some FMC in my Altinok meer golfball pipe sitting in the sunroom, windows opened, nice breeze gently blowing in enjoying a glass of sweet peach tea. Nice day after 7 inches of rain.

19. ZeissMan

ZeissMan Member

Quiet afternoon on the patio with CH in my favorite MM Diplomat and a Raging Bitch IPA.
    Those silly dogs just cannot quite get those squirrels, but that does not mean they quit trying.
    Looks like some mighty thunderheads building over the mountains for a rainy evening.
    Great day all in all,
    ~ ZeissMan

20. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Mars Cigars and Iwan Reis carries it. I spoke to the Sutliff rep yesterday about it. I need to post about that conversation when I've time.

One piece of news he had is that ODF is going to have a ready rubbed version, too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.