1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

What Are You Smoking? May, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, May 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Texhealer

Texhealer Active Member

Delayed Gratification Technique....kinda sounds like a rain check a a house if I'll repute don't it?

Carter Hall in a cob, last coffee of the night.

2. Stravinsky

Stravinsky Member

Great day with the kids. But I'm Jonesing. Someone smoke a pipe for me. Quick!

3. rondel65

rondel65 Misplaces Lighters

Just finished the last smoke of the evening. Some SG FireDance in a MG tomato once again in the sunroom. Got out there in time to see the bats leaving their house and flying around. In a few days they will enjoy a skeedo boofay courtesy of the recent rains. Once it got dark the crickets joined the frogs. Good "snorking" tonight.

4. Basil Meadows

Basil Meadows Active Member

Having some Red Flake in my shop pipe with Evan Williams to ease the back pain a little. There should be standing rules when the wife goes out yard saling.1. Can't buy anything that wont fit in the back seat. 2.Can't buy anything that weighs more than 5lbs. and 3. Can't buy anything that you need help to load or unload! Now Honey, follow these rules and go have fun! Psh, yea, right. That's like trying to teach a cat to fetch.

5. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Almost finished with Best Brown #2 in a 2013 bent MM Missouri Pride Legend. Might smoke an English blend next.

6. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

:startl: That's some fairly modern smoking, there, Jim. You feeling alright? Did the kittens hide the warehouse keys? :poke:

7. user3221

user3221 Active Member

Or are you re-arranging your pipe display and tobacco cellar
    :popc:

surlysoul, Brit abroad, dBear and 7 others like this.
  8. user3221

user3221 Active Member

Fresh Pot of Coffee is ON extra strong full caffeine

probably put me to sleep

one more bowl of smoke guess it is going to be Heine's Blend becasue i am not getting up other than to go to bed

9. JimInks

Suzy and Molly wouldn't hide the keys, but they would bat them around the house if they had the chance. I'm not sure what you mean by "modern smoking" though. However, I did decide to smoke Magnum Opus in a 1990s Peterson Captain Pete XL80 bulldog. Ice water for a drink and listening to the Dodgers beating the Marlins 5-0 in the 5th inning.

10. JimInks

I think I have everything taken care of on that score. The Saint Bernard did have Mr. Wooly dust the shelves, though.

11. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

I was teasing. Modernish mm cob as apposed to a 1957 year pipe or other.

12. krusty

krusty Active Member

Only silly when used incorrectly.
    To wit...

Intentionally light a pipe, get a good burn going then set it aside for oh, 30 minutes or 15 or whatever length of time you determine, then relight and smoke away.
    This would be Delayed Gratification Technique. Not silly.

Setting aside a pipe for an indeterminate length of time due to an interruption of any sort, in your case preparation issues t'would seem, then resuming the smoke whenever it happens to work out, this would be more appropriately referred to as ....
    Smokus Interruptus, or SI for the forum folk.

Thar ya go Dwaugh. No silliness involved. You sir are simply experiencing Smokus Interruptus.

Class dismissed (-;

13. Thuber88

Thuber88 Well-Known Member

That would require months of pre-planning and several engineers to keep track and manage it all, let alone vacation pay for the nubiles, and the St Bernard would have to go into the kennel, and what would he do there, all caged up, instead of the vast wanderings he can have inside the warehouse.
    Building a cable-stayed bridge across the Grand Canyon would be simpler:rolleyes:
    Not to mention Mr Wooly..

14. user3221

user3221 Active Member

spring cleaning ??? or making room for additional stock pile:whis:

surlysoul, Brit abroad, dBear and 5 others like this.
  15. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

That warehouse of Jims, I picture something on the order of Warehouse 13. Also, same wearhouse run by the same people on the series. If you haven't seen the show, you can see it on The syfy channel.com. The insides of the wearhouse defies time and space and holds an infinite amount of objects.I picture Jim as EGR roaming around inside smoking pipe in one hand and a bottle of pop in the other.

surlysoul, highstump, Snake and 13 others like this.
  16. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

Heck, we all live in this virtual world of the forum, we might as well think big.

17. SouthBound

SouthBound Active Member

Evening, fellows.

Finally back from taking the mother-in-law out to eat. I don't know why that always ends with a tiff between the wife and I.

Night Train in a Tinsky.

18. JimInks

I knew you were teasing, but that one sailed over my head. I get it now! Being modern is an occasional flight of fancy I indulge in to satisfy the unruly throng.

Both were already done by the nubile crew! I supervised! :ngty:

Mr. Wooly asked me to tell you that his name is Mister Wooly to you!!! As for the bridge and Grand Canyon, Mr. Wooly organized that last year!

You obviously have good inside information, see! Myeah!

19. JimInks

Going to watch a movie with m'lady, and the kittens. The Saint Bernard just brought me a glass of Crown Royal, and I was happy he didn't sample it first. Good doggie!! Good doggie!! Going to light up a bowl of Escudo (thanks Spillproof) in a 2002 black pebble finish straight Cavicchi C. Fatto A Mano Billiard as soon as I finish the Magnum Opus. Be back later, folks.

20. User4408

User4408 Active Member

That sounds delicious!

Could even tempt someone away from M79 and Paladin BC.

Vauen Virginia Flake No. 14 in the Lovat ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.