What Are You Smoking? May, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, May 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dBear

dBear Active Member

Jeepers, it's kind of a Rekamepip night tonight. I'm also smoking a brand spanking new black rock cob with a bowl of Bosphorous Cruise. Rock sure smokes nice!

2. Stravinsky

Stravinsky Member

So sorry about your wife! How did today's surgery go?

3. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

Actually I get very little taste from the penzance that's not muddled, but it is sorta comforting while winding down for the night or starting the morning. I have maybe 3 bowls left and am stretching them out. Doubt that I will ever get another tin. Not worth the hype IMHO. I can taste very little va, but think I taste that Sea, salty, air as I call it, more than anything. I never have had any lat taste out of any of the two different batches. Dunno, maybe I just got some funky zance.

4. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

It's neither for me.

5. RS422

RS422 Member

Surgery went well. Aparently the doctor put it in too low and she was unable to get a full bend the first time. He even said he messed up today. Can you say lawsuit. My wife doesn't want to go there though.

6. KingsTarantula

KingsTarantula All about having fun!

Just smoked my first bowl of Velvet. It was not bad as all. It was a little nutty.

7. Ephraim

Ephraim Active Member

That sounds encouraging as a local shop carries Velvet. Always been curious about that and Granger as well.

Smoking some Sir Walter Raleigh in a MM Legend, watching Nats vs Dodgers on the tube.
    I'll probably smoke two more pipes tonight. McClelland Red Cake up next, and then probably Prince Albert to finish the late night.

8. KingsTarantula

KingsTarantula All about having fun!

9. Thuber88

Thuber88 Well-Known Member

Try Sedona.... if you send me any mail later to thank me, I promise to pre soak it for a week in a bucket..;)

10. Brian Stephen

Brian Stephen Member

HU Balkan Passion in a Ben Wade

11. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Thanks to Ruffinogold, I'm smoking 1975 Sir Walter Raleigh in a smooth three quarter bend 1979 Ben Wade Golden Matt freehand sitter. It tastes just like the 2013 vintage. Braves now lead D-Backs 8-1 in the 8th. Nats are beating the Dodgers 6-1 in the 6th. Yankees swept a double header from Cleveland.

I had a cup of hot tea, and it's followed by ice water. Suzy and Molly are fighting over a blue foam ear plug. Guess the winner doesn't get to hear me talk in one ear.

12. ZeissMan

ZeissMan Member

Yo Spillproof: How far north? Love your area, especially Pacific Grove. Spent a lot of time there just kickin' back and bird watching. Wonderful climate.
    ~ ZeissMan

13. dwpipes

dwpipes Sales Account

H&H Black House in the same reject as last night except that I slipped a churchwarden stem onto it to see if I could notice a difference. Was not unpleasant last night, but there seems to be a subtle cooling and mellowing of the smoke. ;)

The Jasmine green tea and a chunk of chocolate aren't bad either.

14. Thuber88

Finally caught back up, have two bowls loaded, I will start with a bowl of Pine Grove in the GBD/Comoy Podge Zulu pipe.
    More later after these regularly scheduled programs

15. dBear

dBear Active Member

And for its second bowl, the black rock cob (thanks, Rekamepip) gets GH Cherry Vanilla (thanks, YappyG)

[​IMG]

16. dBear

dBear Active Member

Is that the same stuff they put in urinals?

17. Spillproof

Spillproof Mostly Harmless Moderator

Trinity National Forest, more or less.

Stimulus Package in an Upshall Dublin.

18. BriarRabbit

BriarRabbit Member

I think me needs to find out more about these "Rekamepip" pipes... just sayin'

So I before signing off for the day; I put some SG BBF in that wonderfully big bowled DGE cobwarden (thanks Doug!); had some Stewart's Orange Cream soda to sip on. Turned out to be a really nice combo, not to mention a nice cool evening. This being one of the last skeeter-less evenings.
    Night y'all!

19. Thuber88

Later Jack, or is it Mr Rabbit?

Lithua pipe, surlysoul, Morse and 5 others like this.
  20. Marker

Marker Active Member

Dunhill EMP in my DG royalton. Wonderful night out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.