1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

What Are You Smoking? May, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, May 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

:haha: :rolleyes: When I first saw it I thought it was something Whicker Man had made. :poke: dBear.

dBear, Wicker Man, Thuber88 and 8 others like this.
  2. psquared

psquared DGErwin, my horse would like a word with you...

Go Tribe!

dBear, Thuber88, JimInks and 6 others like this.
  3. WalkinStick

WalkinStick Active Member

I did a double take too.

dBear, Wicker Man, Thuber88 and 8 others like this.
  4. cobbsmoker

cobbsmoker Active Member

Prince Albert in a Cob with the morning coffee, have a great day everyone!

dBear, YAPPG, Thuber88 and 13 others like this.
  5. Robin

Robin Member

MM with CH last night, that bowl taught me I need to replace the filter in the MM more often! I was half way through the bowl, and it not taste just right, new filter, and much better! I'm still getting used to pipe filters, I know you can use the pipes without them, but when replaced as needed I think the pipes smoke better with them. :) I don't run/bike tonight so I'll get an early pipe in after work, probably SWR in a MM CG, I've got a pouch of SWR that needs to be smoked, and it ain't bad, not CH, but not bad!

ZeissMan, dBear, User4408 and 17 others like this.
  6. Smokey

Smokey Active Member

SWRA in a Grabow on the way to work this morning

dBear, Morse, YAPPG and 15 others like this.
  7. BernardLerring

BernardLerring Active Member

Back on the Bull's Eye again. Need a late afternoon chillout.

dBear, Wicker Man, Morse and 11 others like this.
  8. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

I know. I was listening to the guy on the MLB channel and that was what he said. I was still listening when a caller corrected him, but by the time that happened, my "edit" time on my post has run out. I thought about posting a correction, but then I thought, "Wonder if anybody will notice? I'll wait and see." Nice to see you're a baseball fan. I wonder if anyone's given a thought to extending the time slot on that edit function?

As far as the nubiles' are concerned, yeah, well, you'd be paying more attention to them, too, if you were me!!! So would anybody with taste!! :cool:

Woke up earlier than I wanted, but Suzy and Molly were fed by m'lady, so I was left to my own device, which means I'm smoking Dunbar in a 1982 smooth straight Dunhill Root Briar 31051.

dBear, Morse, YAPPG and 11 others like this.
  9. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Well I finished PT and turned the CD on in the SL500 to finish off the AoTM in the MM Diplomat when she started belting out Love Hurts. I realized I had not checked the Like HATE meter in my profile for awhile and that it was 340 HATE's at that time so I was a bit taken aback to find my HATE meter stands at a shade over 10K, wotinell have I ever done to you people to deserve this? I'm going to have a double espresso made with the Cuban Coffee Marker sent me, thanks much this stuff is outrageously wonderful would peel the nickel plating off a 56 Buick. :bing: I need a pipe............

10. Jack Wagon

Jack Wagon Member

Way too far behind to catch up, but as I am working my way through I noticed a hole in time that Jim seemed to be wobbling on the edge of.

In the here and now, I think, I have survived to my regularly scheduled day off, from work that pays.
    Of course, the free labor list for today has to be attended to, and thus I must tear myself out of this thread, for now.

Somehow, I will catch up on this thread, may have to borrow Jim's time warp.

Going to smoke some Black Lung in a Cobb today, I believe this truth to be self evident.
    Have a Great Day every body.:punk:Rock on!:toast:

dBear, Wicker Man, Morse and 13 others like this.
  11. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

You never catch up here it's a case of how far you lag behind, I make up for it by drinking Single Malt Scotch, Lagavulin is a good choice for a beginner....... ;)

12. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

AJ's Vapers in the Tsuge Tankard for now, weather is scattered so Levi and I will stay in the hood while I pipe away. :cool:

13. ArmedOctopus

ArmedOctopus Active Member

You mean your NEW Nording.

Jack Wagon, dBear, YAPPG and 7 others like this.
  14. bosun

bosun Active Member

A blend from my Hoover cannister in a Kaywoodie apple. I'll be opening up a tub of Half & Half from the late 1980's for the POY so trying to 'smoke down' some of my (too) many tobacs!

Jack Wagon, dBear, Morse and 13 others like this.
  15. user3221

user3221 Active Member

Grandkids off to school, wife is gone to work, packages posted awaiting the mail man, virtual store front is organized and shelves dusted, laundry is laundering, dishes drying, quick run of vacuum to pick up 1000 little white balls left over from foam packing....

Time for a bowl of Borkum Riff Original in a Walnut wood Pipe
    - this is best combination for this tobacco that i have found-
    :th1:

Dr Pepper on the side

Jack Wagon, dBear, Morse and 13 others like this.
  16. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

Hello PSF, starting the day with some MB Mixture Flake in the DGE nosewarmer Diplomat, coffee on the side - while trying to make a wise decision on my next HU Tobacco order. :)
    Have a great day everyone. :bing:

Jack Wagon, dBear, User4408 and 10 others like this.
  17. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

You'll have to speak to Mr. Wooly about the time warp. It's location is secreted in a corner in the warehouse. That hole in time you mentioned was me trying to get some sleep. Even I do that once in a while during the day!

Hhhmmm... Jack Wagon? Do you carry bottles of whiskey?

Jack Wagon, dBear, YAPPG and 8 others like this.
  18. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

125 Smokes straight and still going strong, beginning to develop a nice even cake even with the cap which is where I intend to keep it. The military connector did loosen around the 75th smoke but putting the stem in clockwise and removing it clockwise prevents this, all in all a very good investment either as a first pipe for someone not wishing to jump in to a lot of $'s or an addition to the rotation where you need to break a pipe down into a pocket pipe either to put away and savor later or simply for ease of transport. The Tsuge Tankard............ might want to ask for one for Father's Day!

[​IMG]

19. BRotherBriar

BRotherBriar Member

Hal o' the Wynd in a Conway Bulldog. I didn't really like Hal o' the Wynd all that much when I first tried it, but now it's become a very satisfying smoke. Of course, it is from 2007 and so it has 6 years of aging on it. Maybe I just like it better aged. The Conway Bulldog was a surprise from an early "beginner pipe smoker care package" I received from one of the forums in 2007. I got several sampler bags of tobacco to try and the sender put the Bulldog in the box as well as a nice surprise.

20. user3221

user3221 Active Member

You would have like to have seen the Tsuge Guys at the Chicago Land Pipe Show
    103_0887.JPG

Jack Wagon, RS422, dBear and 12 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.