1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

What Are You Smoking? May, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, May 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. krusty

krusty Active Member

Late start to the day. Enjoying the down time with plenty coffee and a bowl of LGF in my Alpha "Executive" cherrywood

[​IMG]

Longshanks, dBear, Robin and 12 others like this.
  2. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

I just spread some real interesting News and HATE over in the latest purchase forum! :whis:

dBear, YAPPG, JimInks and 6 others like this.
  3. mojo66

mojo66 Member

Uhle's Perfection Plug Burley in a Custombilt billiard. :)

Lithua pipe, dBear, Robin and 12 others like this.
  4. scopawl

scopawl Member

I'm currently thirty pages behind, you guys really go for it over the weekend, huh?

I'm currently having some Hamborger Veermaster.

krusty, Lithua pipe, dBear and 13 others like this.
  5. user3221

user3221 Active Member

:th1:

YAPPG, JimInks, PipeSimmo and 6 others like this.
  6. BernardLerring

BernardLerring Active Member

Yes, it's Bosun Cut Plug time again, got out the churchwarden and kickin' out the jams.

Lithua pipe, dBear, Robin and 9 others like this.
  7. jpberg

jpberg Moderator Moderator

Tell that dude I want my sweater back.

Lithua pipe, dBear, User4408 and 11 others like this.
  8. sorringowl

sorringowl Purveyor of PAAD

GLP Charing Cross in a Pete Donegal 107. Good way to start off the day before it gets too hot here in the City of Angels.

Lithua pipe, dBear, Robin and 10 others like this.
  9. Basil Meadows

Basil Meadows Active Member

CH, Cob, Coffee. Life is good. Just finished up some work in the shop and waiting for the shellac to dry. Didn't think these things would be this popular. Guess most of us has a dark side...."Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men? The Pipe Maker knows!" LoL!

Lithua pipe, Smokey, dBear and 15 others like this.
  10. WalkinStick

WalkinStick Active Member

Jeez, Berg. You know Wicker is going to dive all over that one.

Lithua pipe, dBear, Robin and 9 others like this.
  11. Springer

Springer Member

Ok, so I worked on Old Treachery.

The improvement to me is immense. So now it consists of the following baccys:
    8 0z. Mac Baren Virginia #1
    1 0z. Turkish Yenice/Izmir leaf
    1 oz. 4noggins Blending Perique, Ribbon cut
    .8 oz McClelland Blending Latakia

SOOO...here is the deal. the first (10)ten members that wanna try send me a PM. Mail me an SASE too. You will now be out close to a buck for your bravery. Once I get the lion's shares of responses in I will mail you a goodly amount. Enough for a few bowls or better.

All I ask is that you just give me your general impressions. And I was in the Navy, so I have thick skin. If you hate it, say so. If it is decent or better, tell me what baccy you smoked that is compares to. And if you love it, the recipe is posted above.

Just be serious about it so I don't skip a member that would legitimately waste his time and pennies for it.

In my view now, the Turkish gave it plenty of flavor expanse and moderation to the preique and latakia. It is still a powerhouse of flavor but lots more refined. The Turkish leaf was the key. Added some sweet/tangy mildness that for my taste makes it perfect. It could be my "go to" smoke at this stage of the game.

Anyway, it's all about having fun, trying and learning new things, and sharing. All good things in my book!

[​IMG]
    Untitled by Springer_ryder, on Flickr

12. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

:eek::xd::laff::haha:

Lithua pipe, dBear, user3221 and 4 others like this.
  13. jpberg

jpberg Moderator Moderator

Hey, once you've been photographed in a Power Rangers outfit you're pretty much untouchable.

Lithua pipe, dBear, Robin and 11 others like this.
  14. Wicker Man

Wicker Man Active Member

I know this is hypothetical, but it contains the truth, just suppose some-body famous, who smokes a pipe, gets one of Rekamepip’s Stone pipes !
    they’ll suddenly realise that this is the best tobacco has ever tasted and the word will get round and Rekamepip will be snowed under with orders, the first thing he has to do is double the price and get the same money for 1/2 the work ! but as the word spreads he will get more and more orders to such an extent that he will be able to charge a realistic price for them and it will not be $30 more like $300+, but what’s the next level – out sourcing them to China! and you will not get a hand crafted made by hand pipe from the original Artist. I’d get one now, smoke your favourite tobacco in it, then tell me I’m wrong, after nearly 50 years of pipe smoking !
    and no I'm not on commission

15. WalkinStick

You've got a point.

dBear, psquared, FlatbushPaul and 4 others like this.
  16. Wicker Man

Wicker Man Active Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Yankee Bill, dBear, Robin and 14 others like this.
  17. WalkinStick

I'm actually really shocked you didn't put Berg's head on the Tsuge guy's body.

dBear, PipeSimmo, User4408 and 8 others like this.
  18. cobbsmoker

cobbsmoker Active Member

You know, as much as I enjoy a good McClelland Virginia in a well-seasoned briar, Carter Hall in a Cob just makes me happy, a simply enjoyable smoke anytime of the day.

19. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

I haven't smoked this pipe lately, but was saving it for ERR because that smokes so well in this pipe. Thanks to Highstump, I'm smoking 2008 Edgeworth Ready Rubbed in a 1970s three quarter bend half smooth, half rusticated Savinelli Autograph 4 with a lucite stem and ferrule. A can of Sprite for a drink. I'm cataloging some Gleason and Armstrong radio shows to burn onto disc, and going to work before long.

20. Thuber88

Thuber88 Well-Known Member

Cant go wrong with either one of those guys!
    Finishing last nights crumbs from both pipes all glopped(to dry it out more) into the who knows Copenhagen style Bent something or tother.
    Then off to mom's to open up the porch for the summer, I have only said lets do windows for 30+ years...:confused:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.