What Are You Smoking? May, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, May 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

bdp

Morse, Springer, Lucky Duck and 4 others like this.
  2. psquared

psquared DGErwin, my horse would like a word with you...

3. WalkinStick

WalkinStick Your Huckleberry

That reminds me, I've still got some of that Astley's that you sent me. I need to remedy that.

Morse, dBear, Lucky Duck and 10 others like this.
  4. BRotherBriar

BRotherBriar Member

Christmas Cheer 2007 in a Savinelli Duca Carlo billiard.

Morse, dBear, YAPPG and 11 others like this.
  5. psquared

psquared DGErwin, my horse would like a word with you...

Get busy, you should burn all of that nasty stuff before it contaminates the rest of your stash.

Morse, dBear, YAPPG and 10 others like this.
  6. DMWyatt

DMWyatt Member

SG Navy Flake in a bent MM cob. I'm having trouble defining this one. It's kind of a wash for me. Overall I'm very happy with it, but like all SG and G&H blends, I pick up the lakeland flavoring on the rear end even in blends that aren't cased in it. I can only imagine that the scent of it is so potent in the factory, that all of the tobacco that comes into it picks it up on some level. Even in my crispy dry remnants, I do pick up on the rum. It reminds me of C&D "After Hours", which I quite enjoy. Overall, I have to say that the dryness of my sample has degraded the Va presence somewhat, emboldening the latakia and residual lakeland essence. Of course, this isn't to say that it's a latakia blend. The latakia in this is akin to the cinnamon in Cincinnati style chili. It is obviously there, but the sum is greater than its parts. I will have to get a fresh tin sometime in order to better understand this blend.

Morse, dBear, YAPPG and 9 others like this.
  7. Wicker Man

Wicker Man Active Member

[​IMG]

fallsguy, dBear, YAPPG and 11 others like this.
  8. Brit abroad

Brit abroad Well-Known Member

Good luck Stick.

Morse, dBear, YAPPG and 7 others like this.
  9. Wicker Man

Wicker Man Active Member

Easy ! next
    [​IMG]

Morse, dBear, Stormy and 8 others like this.
  10. User4408

User4408 Active Member

That's an excellent way to look at it. I remember having a series of incredibly good breaks back in the 90's. I never once got excited because frankly I thought they'd never pan out in the first place. And that really took away from the happiness I should have felt at my good fortune. In fact, everything seemed ordinary, which is insane!

Good luck to you, WalkinStick. You deserve the best.

Vauen Jubilee Edition in a Jacono ...

11. User4408

User4408 Active Member

Well, I'd like to be smoking this ...

[​IMG] [​IMG]

This ragazzaccio (bad boy) has a 1.02-inch diameter chamber. My fantasy would be loading it up with a loose vertical stack of 7 Dark Twist pancakes, rubbing out a disc on top for kindling, and then watching multiple sunsets come and go while I smoked myself into a stupor.

But I'll settle for my Cavicchi Author instead, which has only a 0.90-inch chamber. It'll do in a pinch ...

Morse, dBear, BriarRabbit and 13 others like this.
  12. Tsal

Tsal Old Timey

Porchin it with some Escudo in blasted 320.

13. muddler

muddler Active Member

Had a good day fishing some trout ponds not too far away. Got a few on midges. Now, after a decent dinner, it's Montgomery in a Pete 11s. I'm impressed with GLP Montgomery - it's a Va blend, ribbon cut, with a pinch of Kentucky. Might get another tin.

[​IMG]

Longshanks, Morse, dBear and 14 others like this.
  14. surlysoul

surlysoul Sales Account

Enjoying some Black Shag in MM Legend.

Morse, dBear, Stormy and 11 others like this.
  15. Tom Sawyer

Tom Sawyer Member

[​IMG]
    in........................................................................................
    PIRATE HEAD!!!!!!!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] mateys!

Longshanks, Morse, dBear and 14 others like this.
  16. Tsal

Tsal Old Timey

Decided to switch up. Same baccy, different smoker. Jake Hackert.
    [​IMG]
    Edit: Please excuse my Bergesque dried out softy bit. I need to order some more.

Longshanks, Morse, dBear and 17 others like this.
  17. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Me: Bless me father for I have sinned. It has been 4 decades a little while since my last confession and these are my sins for which I am sorry for. I stepped on an ant. I laughed when the guy in the one legged @$$ kicking contest lost. I told my wife I had a lovely salad for lunch when in truth I had 3 Magnum Bars with Double Caramel. I drove the SL500 at 130 MPH at 4:30 in the morning and last I LOVE Latakia Flakes! :oops:

[​IMG]: For these sins "I stepped on an ant. I laughed when the guy in the one legged @$$ kicking contest lost. I told my wife I had a lovely salad for lunch when in truth I had 3 Magnum Bars with Double Caramel. I drove the SL500 at 130 MPH at 4:30 in the morning" say 3 Hail Marys and 37 Our Father's, for this sin, I LOVE Latakia Flakes! You're so screwed! :csmile:

18. FlatbushPaul

FlatbushPaul Cellar is located in an undisclosed bunker

Good Luck! Hopefully, I'll be congratulating you for the new job soon!

Morse, dBear, YAPPG and 7 others like this.
  19. WalkinStick

WalkinStick Your Huckleberry

At the risk of sounding like a pansy, I really can't thank you guys enough for all the good luck and kind words today. It's exactly this kind of stuff that made me join, and ultimately stick around.

There's no rest for the RockCob, so I'm burning some more Rum Flake and drinking a Sweetwater IPA. This one's for you guys :th1:

Morse, dBear, user3221 and 14 others like this.
  20. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

I'm now smoking Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 1980s smooth slight bend Wally Frank Dublin. A bottle of Sprite for a drink. Listening to the Orioles-Padres game on the radio. But that's not the story. The story is the hate mail I received from FishnBanjo! With enemies like this, who needs friends? :xd: Seriously, this package was jammed full of great stuff. I'm having to figure out what gets smoked in what pipe. I may have to call in the young nubiles for help! Such is my lot in life, see? Among the things in the box is a small sample of the 2,000 year old Three Nuns tobacco, and of course, HU Edward G. blend, because my enemy friend FishnBanjo knew what was good for him, see? Myeah! He was afraid of being rubbed out faster than the Scotch Flake he sent, see? Di mug knew what was good for him me, see? C? Sea? Si!!!

Artistik, dBear, Stormy and 11 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.