What Are You Smoking? May, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, May 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rondel65

rondel65 Misplaces Lighters

I put some Latakia Flake in my redrock cobb "rockcobsta" followed by a new blend I tried tonight. I put some Exhausted Rooster in my DGE nose warmer. That was a great combo. I will definately buy more tins of that for my cellar. Giving my briar's some time off while I enjoy these sweet new pipes I purchased from John and Mr. Old Coot.

2. dBear

dBear Active Member

Vanilla cavendish in a Butz Choquin Maitre Pipier calabash shape pipe. Got a generic cola on the side.

3. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

I'm smoking the Director's Cut now. Really, really great stuff!

I've been out all day for various reasons, but I'm back home and thanks to FishnBanjo, smoking HU Director's Cut in a smooth 1976 Canadian GBD Seventy Six 256. Missed a lot of the baseball so far, and I have catching up to do.

4. JimInks

The only habit the nubiles are in is doing my bidding! :ngty:

5. Smithy

Smithy Member

Trying to get my DGE purchase in but these damn bills keep getting in the way......

Anyway Escuado (fairly fresh, sorry WalkinStick:beck: ) in my new (to me) Falcon

6. JimInks

The Saint Bernard knows his place is in the warehouse. Suzy and Molly don't do the menial jobs. Ever know a cat who did? However, Mr. Wooly relays messages when asked, and everybody peacefully co-exists so long as Suzy and Molly get their way.

7. Morse

Morse Active Member

Evening PSF - all in the name of science I am trying out some Grasmere Flake in the 2012 Rad Davis sandblast slightly bent apple. Guess what? it tastes great in this pipe too. I still think there is a magic"thing"between Grasmere and the Pietenpauw but I could just be imagining it or it could be that the first time I smoked it I had done a perfect job of packing and the smoke was effortless. Nonetheless this bowl is a great end to a hectic day.

8. Stravinsky

Stravinsky Member

Sherlock's. Mussorgsky's Boris Godunov. That I got from the, um, library.

9. WalkinStick

WalkinStick Active Member

No wonder you aren't posting much ;)

psquared, Lucky Duck, jpberg and 8 others like this.
  10. Stravinsky

Stravinsky Member

I wish!!!

Just got very busy with the kids the last couple days. No time for the pipe, or the interwebs.

11. ArmedOctopus

ArmedOctopus Active Member

CH in a cob. Boom. :hbang:

12. p120d16y

p120d16y Active Member

I've been reading through that article for a while, and through the comments for even longer. Those anti-smoking nazis started making me pretty mad. Everything has to be "Politically correct." I almost got pretty mad I should say. Because, then I instead picked up my pipe, re-lit, smiled, laughed, enjoyed some good music at the right time, and figured they live a pretty dry life. :)

13. BriarRabbit

BriarRabbit Member

Crawled outta the storm shelter for a bit to enjoy some SG FVF in a no-name 1/4 bent bulldog; just water on the side. Might not be able to finish as I see more rolling in. Y'all keep the city of Cleburn, TX in your thoughts and prayers: a mile wide tornado just hit there and my hand crank radio is too crackly to make out damage.

EDIT: And the power just went out... see y'all later. No signal in the pit. Just happy my wife and 5 kids are safe :)

Atom, User4408, Brit abroad and 17 others like this.
  14. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

Another bowl of Kendal Kentucky /Larry's blend in a different Falcon. This match is pretty good. Smoked to the very bottom. Well Falcons a short smoke, anyway, so not hard to do. But still Got the good taste of the Balkan over the kentucky so no funky ky taste. The Ky made it richer and smoother. KK always makes me think of dry corn silk.

15. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

Watching it on the weather ch, now. Several, lil one west of Waco and another headed toward Waxahatchi and Corsicana.

16. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

Slipping between DeSota and Dallas. I used to have a store in Duncanville.

17. RTOdhner

RTOdhner Well-Known Member

Pease Cumberland in a CFalcon Hyperbole, a glass of Barefoot Sweet Red, and a sit out on the front porch as the thunder storm comes rolling on through.

18. Stravinsky

Stravinsky Member

I used to teach in Dallas. The storms there were wicked. Just terrifying. And we get some heavy weather up here.

19. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

RTO, glad it missed you.

20. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

When I lived in Palestine there were 3 tornados that came thru there. Then moved to Arlington and 1 hit there. Took the roof off the Ramada Inn across from where I lived. Hit Bobby Knights Club. After that it hailed Softballs. Thats when I moved back to Indiana.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.