What Are You Smoking? May, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, May 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigJ

BigJ Active Member

Dunhill Flake in a Pete 68 shape. Love this pipe cause it handles a whole flake no problem. Chasing it with a cold Alexander Keith's.

Lucky Duck, Morse, Stormy and 14 others like this.
  2. Atom

Atom Member

I've been smoking LTF today. Down to the last one or two bowls from this jar. I'll finish it off tonight, and try to catchup on this thread as I do.
    Time to make a few calls to try and set up some landscaping work for the next few months. Hope everyone has a great evening!

3. Stravinsky

Stravinsky Member

Back from . . . Well, you know where. Lecture unfinished, but I ran out of paper. About to settle in for some North Sea. Mahler is on again. Ice tea. Lovely night here: windows wide open.

4. User4408

User4408 Active Member

Have a good trip! We need a new thread on the delights of Semois. Hint, hint.

I smoked Florian when I was there. Easy to get at the grocery store, tasty, satisfying, and amazingly inexpensive. Even less expensive than what a pouch of CH costs here. Another good one was Wendels from Mechelen. Smoothed out with tonquin. Delicious, creamy, and it really hit the spot. Worth the journey of 25 km if you have the time.

Still LBF in a Le Nuvole ...

5. WalkinStick

WalkinStick Your Huckleberry

Man, that bowl of KK went fast. I'm not done smoking though. I fired up some more Escudo in a cob. I'm really digging this stuff a lot. Definitely need to order more soon. I'm also drinking a Kona brewing Koko Brown ale. The toasted coconut goes pretty nicely with the Escudo.

6. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Smoking a pipe for ya. Hope it brings you good luck! St. James Flake in a 2002 smooth full bend egg shaped meer. A can of Hansen's Mandarin Lime soda made with cane sugar. Brewers-Pirates series finale on the XM.

7. user3221

user3221 Active Member

I think Dbear is Liking his pipestone pipes ! :th1:

It is Nice that you compared a pipestone and steatite pipe with i.e. nearly fossilized oak

but size and design of a pipe also affect the outcome of tobacco flavorings too.

The Weight factor has always been an issue with pipestone -
    ( let me take you back a few hundred years or even a century or more )

People would travel hundreds and even thousands of miles to procure the stone from the quarries in southwest minnesota. much of it would hit the trade routes but i am sure there were special journeys for that specific purpose. Just think of the welcoming home party when the brave souls arrived with a few pounds of stone to work with !

I would imagine that most of the pipestone pipes were fashioned on the spot and then transported due to the weight factor

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I think i will sit down with mine and enjoy an after dinner smoke
    velvet.JPG

8. user3221

user3221 Active Member

Good Luck ! :popc:

Lucky Duck, surlysoul, YAPPG and 6 others like this.
  9. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

rekamepip said "I think i will sit down with mine and enjoy an after dinner smoke"

[​IMG]

I think you meant I think i will sit down with mine and enjoy a well deserved after dinner smoke :th1:

10. FlatbushPaul

FlatbushPaul Cellar is located in an undisclosed bunker

Dave is a brilliant blender. Princes Street is fabulous and lately I've been really enjoying Bailey's Supreme. It's a fantastic VaPer.

11. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

I honestly can't fathom the tools they came up with to make it into a pipe. I can see getting it down to working pieces but that is the easy part the rest is sheer genious.

12. FlatbushPaul

FlatbushPaul Cellar is located in an undisclosed bunker

Steven Books First Pipe in the new Davorin Morta Bent Glossy Slanted Egg with ice tea.

Lucky Duck, PipeSimmo, jpberg and 8 others like this.
  13. dBear

dBear Active Member

Yes, I am! Along with several others, I imagine. :)
    Gonna eat dinner and then it'll be Luxury Navy Flake in the Crowley's Ridge red rock.

14. SouthBound

SouthBound Active Member

I'm actually smoking Princes Street right now. Bailey's Supreme is on cue for tomorrow.

15. dBear

dBear Active Member

So, um... did she have any paper? :)

16. BriarRabbit

BriarRabbit Member

Sitting on the porch on a cool afternoon (in mid-May... in TX!!) puffing on a new MM cob with the ever easy to smoke VaPer H&H AK, and sipping with a MMMJ (Makers Mark Mint Julep). ahhhh

17. Stravinsky

Stravinsky Member

She didn't appear to be working this eve. Ugh. I was there for over ninety minutes, with no sighting.

Had a nice talk with A librarian. But not THE librarian. My iPad doesn't give me the option of a sad-face emoticon . . .

edit: workaround :(

18. Stravinsky

Stravinsky Member

Makers mint julep? And just where in Texas do they keep heaven these days?

19. Mington

Mington Well-Known Member

SG Navy Flake in my Hardcastle Old Bruyere.
    Trippel beer on the side.
    :bday: ME! :banana:

*now if I only had my new PSF POY Kaywoodie.....

20. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Happy birthday!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.