What Are You Smoking? May, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, May 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. User4408

User4408 Active Member

Or you could just move to Yorkshire. Pipe stems grow on trees at Wicker Villas.

Davidoff Danish in a Pete Lestrade ...

Lucky Duck, Morse, surlysoul and 12 others like this.
  2. p120d16y

p120d16y Active Member

Smoking some Luxury Twist Flake in my just-scraped-clean Leonessa Briosa rusticated apple. Sitting outside. Have the day off work, already put in about 40 hours Mon-Thursday.

Lucky Duck, Morse, surlysoul and 11 others like this.
  3. RS422

RS422 Member

[​IMG]

Trying a few more bowls in the small calabash clays.
    Virginia Spice and Bow Legged Bear.
    These bowls came from an old German toy company and were meant to be bubble pipes for kids.
    I think they work better with tobacco.

Lucky Duck, Morse, dBear and 15 others like this.
  4. sorringowl

sorringowl Purveyor of PAAD

GLP Meridian in a Sorringowl Lovat. Was about to trade this blend as I had, initially, not enjoyed it all that much. Put it aside for the last few months and had a bowl of this last night. Wow! what a difference!

Lucky Duck, Morse, dBear and 12 others like this.
  5. Tsal

Tsal Well-Known Member

Escudo in a Patriot. Awesome weather today. Sittin and smokin. That's it.

Lucky Duck, Morse, dBear and 15 others like this.
  6. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

A nice lunch has to be followed by a good smoke. Thanks to FishnBanjo, I'm smoking Anniversary Kake in a 1979 Chippendale (Charatan second) Rhodesian 49. A can of Sprite for a drink. Now, I can handle listening to the latest news on TV before I go to work.

Lucky Duck, Morse, dBear and 13 others like this.
  7. Robin

Robin Member

Well! I'm about to step outside for a nice treat. I'm at work ,on the clock, and I'm gonna pack a MM Legend with SWR, and have a nice smoke. This happens maybe 2-3 times in a year, I hope the boss don't find out!:bdance:

Lucky Duck, dBear, surlysoul and 12 others like this.
  8. User4408

User4408 Active Member

OK, I fibbed earlier. The Davidoff Danish was about ready to go into the Pete. Then the thought Virginia Honeydew hit me.

So I dug out the Villiger Late Night, something probably named by marketing people rather than actual pipe smokers. It's a perfect first smoke of the day.

This is an excellent Virginia, a lot like MB Va. No. 1 only a bit darker and richer with a bit more heft (Vitamin N). Then there's that added scent of Honeydew which makes the old mouth water.

Very slow burning too. At $6.50 a tin this is a bargain. The Villiger lineup has a lot more to offer than the 4th Generation series IMHO.

9. Longshanks

Longshanks He who shall; so shall he... wait, who?

Sure enough, and I really liked that pipe, too! I still have pics of it in a file on my computer. I got all caught up in name brands for awhile and let it go, along with a super good looking bulldog. I'm glad to hear you're enjoying it.
    :sailor:

Lucky Duck, Morse, dBear and 10 others like this.
  10. dBear

dBear Active Member

A second toast: Only Simmo's got Strang, the rest of us say "Dang!" It's some good looking leaf, good grief!

Lucky Duck, Morse, surlysoul and 11 others like this.
  11. Thuber88

Thuber88 Well-Known Member

Poetry from some is art, others just make it a fart

Lucky Duck, dBear, surlysoul and 5 others like this.
  12. Longshanks

Longshanks He who shall; so shall he... wait, who?

Enjoyed the Digby earlier this morning with a bowl full of Smoker's Pride. Gorgeous weather we're having.
    Took this pic earlier in the year on a trip to visit Grandma in Wessington Springs, South Dakota.

[​IMG]

Lucky Duck, Morse, dBear and 17 others like this.
  13. RS422

RS422 Member

Magnum Opus in another calabash clay.
    Next is a visit with the wife at the hospital and then it is Down The Road to see Marcia Ball in concert.

Lucky Duck, Morse, surlysoul and 9 others like this.
  14. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

Just lit up a bowl of HU Tobaccos "Nashville County". This is only the second mostly pure burley blend I've tried so far. The smell from the tin is sweet and chocolaty with hints of licorice. Me likey! :)

description from the website:

Nashville, the captial of Tennessee, is the stronghold of American country music. But Nashville is also located in the middle of the USA‘s largest Burley-growing area. Often underrated as a pure carrier of aroma, Burley is seldom found as a main ingredient in natural tobacco blends. “Nashville County“ Ready Rubbed Flake brilliantly disproves such misconceptions. 60 percent strong-flavored and sweet Kentucky Burley grades determine the character of this traditional American blend. Malty Red Virginias form the “Nashville Country‘s“ beautiful finish. Its taste is defined by a smoky flavour with a touch of liquorice. This medium strong blend is perfect for relaxed smoking and a brilliant interpretation of the traditional spirit of the South.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

now dBear has to smoke some Hamborger Veermaster and we'd be connected in a strange way. :hbang:

Lucky Duck, Morse, dBear and 18 others like this.
  15. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

I think he's snickering because his grandson asked him if he could have some $'s for a candy bar and, of course, as any good grand pappy would do he obliged him but asked that he's take a walk around the show and fill the 50 little baggies he brought with tobacco samples first, good lad. Oh, and here's a little extra so you can bring me back a slice of pizza. :whis:

16. scopawl

scopawl Member

Set up some Frog Morton On The Town earlier, and went out to the garden to smoke it but the neighbours kids were being really noisy so I came back inside.
    I'm only 28, it must be hanging out with you old codgers here that's brought out this change in me! :msty:

17. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

oh yeah, but it doesn't rhyme because Strang is not pronounced like it's written for you americans you. Strang is pronounced like the word rung or strung - now you have to pick another rhyme! :beck:

Lucky Duck, Morse, dBear and 8 others like this.
  18. Mount Mandolin

Mount Mandolin Active Member

Afternoon folks. Astley's 44 in a Squatch.

Right now 78˚F (26˚C), 58%RH. Supposed to thunderstorm later, I believe. You don't really look forward to them this time of year though, because it just makes it humid outside, but I guess it will still be nice to have some cloud cover. Haven't seen a cloud in probably two weeks.

19. Thuber88

Thuber88 Well-Known Member

Having a little Shortcut to Mushrooms in the GBD/Comoy Zulu as my day oozes ahead. more on things later, now back to your regularly scheduled programs

20. p120d16y

p120d16y Active Member

Now for some 221b Arcadia in the Leonessa Briosa rusticated apple. It sure is nice not having the anti-smoking ads, or any ads of any kind on forums,Youtube, Pandora, etc. Those "QUIT SMOKING NOW" ads all over the forums were bothersom. NO LONGER!!! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.