What Are You Smoking? May, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, May 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian Stephen

Brian Stephen Member

GH&Co. Ennerdale Flake in a Ben Wade

Lucky Duck, Morse, dBear and 12 others like this.
  2. Whitespot

Whitespot Active Member

Enjoyed a bowl of Orlik Golden Sliced in a Karl Erik Ekstravagant 1/4 bent brandy on a drive to a job this afternoon. Traffic? Ahh the joys of a pipe, serenity now!

Lucky Duck, Morse, p120d16y and 10 others like this.
  3. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

PipeSimmo's got the dope,
    on some very serious smoke,
    it looks like it's a rope,
    PipeSimmo he say's nope.

What is it that you brung,
    PipeSimmo he says Strang
    So ladies and gent's you know,
    needs to get with PipeSimmo.

:whis:

4. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

Now that was awesome, grandmaster fish and the furious banjo! MC Sante in da house! :bow:

Lucky Duck, p120d16y, dBear and 8 others like this.
  5. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

So on through the Morta Anni Kake Challenge, our first contestant is this lovely Askwith from England. Dressed smartly in a shimmering black with white tails and sporting a smashing olivewood cap and will be enjoying some 6 y/o Hearth & Home Anniversary Kake, let's hear it for challenger #1! :appl:

[​IMG]

6. Mington

Mington Well-Known Member

Cool pipe! (I want it!) :nwor:

Lucky Duck, p120d16y, dBear and 7 others like this.
  7. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

Well, you have the hat for it, anyhow. And it's nice the way you have your hair trained to look like it was ear hair.:poke: :old:

Lucky Duck, dBear, Morse and 7 others like this.
  8. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

:confused: [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

Smoking some leftovers from different samples. Cocktail contains HU Joschi's Oriental Sunrise, HU Louisiana Broken, Huber Medium Flake and STRANG in the Pete Aran B7. :)

Lucky Duck, p120d16y, dBear and 11 others like this.
  10. Artistik

Artistik Active Member

The Mountbatten smoked the CH down to pure white ash. It will be a fine little smoker. I will put some VA in it tomorrow. AND, I have to start breaking in my POY that I received today. So much to smoke, so little time. Oh well, it's a tough job but someone has to do it. Tonight however, it will be Plumcake in a Sav Tris with a KS bowl. Perhaps a nice Merlot to wash it down.

11. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Half way through a bowl of Dark Birdseye in an old Barling straight Exel 249 Fossil T.V.F. black billiard with a silver band and military bit. As I jarred most of what I had left, I'll be running out of this before too long. Great stuff if you like Kentucky, which of course, I do. A bottle of Bubble Up soda is my drink. Mets are leading the Cubs 3-2 in the 8th. Back to work I go!

Lucky Duck, p120d16y, dBear and 12 others like this.
  12. WalkinStick

WalkinStick Active Member

Afternoon, gents. Just got home from work and checked the mail to find a surprise...
    [​IMG]
    I know I've said it before, but Rekamepip is the man. This picture really doesn't do the pipe justice. This thing is BIG. I can't wait to fill it up with KK and get stupid. Thanks again, brother! :th1: Anybody who hasn't yet, buy one of his pipes. I'm going to build a whole other rack just for Rekamepip pipes.

13. SidStavros

SidStavros Active Member

Skandinavik Exotic.

14. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

Dang, that thing looks amazing! Looks like it would hold a quarter oz, easy.

Lucky Duck, p120d16y, dBear and 10 others like this.
  15. SouthBound

SouthBound Active Member

Bailey's Supreme in a Radice Rind Rhodesian.
    Does he use a little vanilla in his casing? I've only tried three so far, and they all have something similar in the background. I'm not the best at subtle flavors, but it seems mildly vanilla.

p120d16y, dBear, Morse and 12 others like this.
  16. psquared

psquared DGErwin, my horse would like a word with you...

How do you like Princes Street Mike?

Lucky Duck, Morse, surlysoul and 6 others like this.
  17. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

Just fired up some C&D Black Frigate for the first time, thanks to that man, Stick! This has a nice sweat taste for a lat blend. The rum in it remindes me of walnut in the aroma. It's smokey from the lat and a all around good taste. Not overbearing in the least. Good smoke in the Pete. Dang enabler, i'm gonna have to order some of this now.

Lucky Duck, p120d16y, dBear and 12 others like this.
  18. WalkinStick

WalkinStick Active Member

Funniest thing is, I bought that stuff months ago and you've smoked it before I have. :byg:

I did finally smoke some of the LPF you turned me onto just now though. Good stuff. I was finishing the bowl as I typed my last post. Thanks for the recommendation :th1:

Lucky Duck, p120d16y, dBear and 10 others like this.
  19. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Our challenger finished their challenge in 45 minutes with mostly white pillow like puffs the first 1/2 of the bowl with a nice mild and cool smoking experience. From the second half of the bowl on there was decidedly more spiciness to the smoke yet still cool and the smoke thinned a bit to a blueish grey and the admittance of Perique was there in the background. The smoke ended w/o the need to relight simply the char light was sufficient and a mere few shards of moist dottle and moisture were found after it had gone out. Clearing the dottle with a pick was quick and what moisture that was observed in the bottom of the bowl dissipated within 30 seconds, an excellent smoke and a quick run through with the pipe cleaner produced a very light tan coating with no moisture, thank you challenger #1.

Lucky Duck, p120d16y, dBear and 8 others like this.
  20. SouthBound

SouthBound Active Member

I've only smoked one bowl, so I haven't formed much of an opinion, yet. It came across as very straightforward, no frills tobacco. I need to try it in a few more pipes before I give my critique.

Lucky Duck, dBear, Morse and 6 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.