What Are You Smoking? May, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, May 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BriarRabbit

BriarRabbit Member

Did somebody say Barbeque??

2. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

Got some KC in with the PK, all mixed in the Pete '52.

3. Thuber88

Thuber88 Well-Known Member

Asian bbq is not like american at all, but very very tasty if you are not familiar with it

4. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

I'm thinking that the honey will get too hot and burn smelling like burnt sugar. What I had in mind was something on the order of a high heat resistant epoxy or whatever mixed with the rock dust. Allowed to dry or cure after being poked into place in the bottom of the bowl.

5. BriarRabbit

BriarRabbit Member

Yup, the engine in my truck blew a gasket and block was cracked.... so.... :(
    But I got cobs!

6. Ephraim

Ephraim Active Member

Drinking some homemade "apple beer" and smoking some McC. Red Cake in a MM something or other...possibly an older Washington.
    Next up some more yummy SWRA.

7. BriarRabbit

BriarRabbit Member

Very familiar; I was in the Navy 7 years and spent a lot of time in PI (Cubi, Subic Bay... right off :poop:River") , Hong Kong, Korea (Pusan, Osan, Seoul, Thailand (Phuket). Anyway, tasty stuff indeed!!

8. ArmedOctopus

ArmedOctopus Active Member

So does it lose its flavor if you ARE familiar with it?!?!? :haha:

9. Stravinsky

Stravinsky Member

Kids over, so smoking nothing. But trying to get caught up on the thread while they sleep.

The fun seems to have continued in my absence. It hardly seems possible.

Ice tea and a box fan.

10. Thuber88

No, it makes you want more of it. And more often.

11. Thuber88

JB Weld is your friend...;)

12. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

If that's like what you put on leaks around a muffler, thats what I was thinking of.
    Kicky Chicky in an old fat billard.

13. Thuber88

No, Jb is a two part metallic epoxy , strong enough to hold metal parts together, permanent and shape-able with hand tools or drill into it, its strong stuff, but if you work with std 5 min epoxy you can do jb weld, just tons stronger, at the bottom of a bowl it wont do anything, since its 90+% metal, two thick metal pastes.
    I saw someplace someone fixed a stem with it, it just stays silver is all, but plan on hand filing it, or a grind stone.
    Just a thought, I'm sure I'm wrong.

14. FlatbushPaul

FlatbushPaul Cellar is located in an undisclosed bunker

Dan's HV in a Sav Opera Billiard with ice water as my drink.

15. Thuber88

Still on some Walnut in Petey Green, it just keeps going and going and goi.......
    and Ice tea in BGM

16. TedVig

TedVig total pipeflake

Let's see, today I smoked CH in an old pipe, MB plumcake in a Weber Lovat, pa in a cob, rlp6 in a cob, h&h in a jobey bent Rhodesian and cbl in a Pete 68 Donegal rocky.

17. Thuber88

Yesterday a good friend(Jiminks)sent me a very nice sample of EGR.
    I have smoked 5 bowls of this tobacco in a day and a half, in 4 different pipes, from briar, to cob, to meer, and I can say,it's very tasty.
    Very pleasant aroma when you first smell it, maybe a plum, or a very light fruit aroma, not heavy at all.But unmistakably there.
    On smoking it, that flavor and many others come through,some alcohol hints,that I can't put my finger on, and the fruit is there in the background,like the lightest summer breeze that you barely notice on your skin, quite enjoyable.
    Complex enough to keep you guessing, yet simple enough to just smoke and enjoy it without over analyzing it.
    It's definitely a keeper,not some goopy, heavy aromatic,but a melange of flavors that makes you want to come back for more.It could easily be a singular smoking experience for the whole day, or your only smoking experience if you like it.
    Mars Cigars and Iwan Reis carry it and its a very nice smoke that a lot of people will enjoy and come back to, if they give it a chance.
    I wanted more before I finished the last bowl.
    Thumbs up from me:thu2:
    I need a tub of this, or 5

18. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

I'm glad you like it, Thuber. I think if people give it a try, they'll like it if they like mild aros with a lot of flavor. I sure do, but that's hardly a secret here. In fact, I think I'll smoke a bowl now. Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 1980s smooth slight bend Wally Frank Dublin. Ice water to drink. Watching The Jack Benny Program and reading box scores, now that Suzy and Molly are fed (shredded beef in gravy).

19. Thuber88

I can barely walk into the kitchen, day or night, without the meow patrol standing there in two seconds:rolleyes:

20. Ephraim

Ephraim Active Member

Puffing up a huge cloud of Sir Walter Aromatic. What a great late-evening smoke.
    Also one more apple beer before I call it a night.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.