1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

What Are You Smoking? May, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, May 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lithua pipe

Lithua pipe Active Member

LEO in a MM spool

Lucky Duck, cobbsmoker, dBear and 8 others like this.
  2. FlatbushPaul

FlatbushPaul Cellar is in an undisclosed Bunker

There was also a story that he liked their Bleeker Street blend which is pretty similar to the 515, also alot of rum. he musta been a Rummy! :ohyh:

3. WalkinStick

WalkinStick Active Member

Gorgeous morning today. Sitting on the porch with the boss lady drinking cranberry blood orange black tea and smoking Escudo with a KK kick starter. Getting ready to go eat some tacos, drink some beer, and watch Oblivion in the theater.
    Might go set one of my game cameras up at the mailbox so I can check on the mailman from my iPhone. :byg:

Have a great day everybody :th1:

Lucky Duck, surlysoul, Morse and 14 others like this.
  4. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Next up is contestant # 2 a nicely appointed black with streaks of grey and a tad of brown is this Denovic from Croatia. A nice tail setting in vergin briar with black tail and of course as with our previous challenger the enjoyment will be 6 y/o Anniversary Kake in the walkabout challenge, let's hear it for challenger #2! :appl:

[​IMG]

Lucky Duck, surlysoul, Morse and 10 others like this.
  5. Artistik

Artistik Active Member

First POY smoke with CH; about an hour, only dry white ash at bottom of bowl; zero moisture, no gurgles; wide open draw; easily clenched. Oh yeah, this is a keeper!

6. DGErwin11

DGErwin11 Moderator Moderator

CH in my POY with black coffee. This is about my fouth bowl now, the first full one. Almost any briar is going to impart a taste while breaking in. This pipe had very muted flavor and is now gone. All I get now is the mellow flavor of Carter Hall.

7. jhguthlac

jhguthlac Active Member

Spent last night pretty devoted to my tub of Walnut. Starting today with Irish Oak. After getting off to a rough start with that blend, I am now a big fan thanks to PSFers telling me I needed to smoke that in a large pipe. I even bought a second tin of it at the b&m. By the way, they are better stocked with Peterson tobacco than P&C is. They even have the Peterson Flake, which I am thinking about trying.

Lucky Duck, surlysoul, Morse and 9 others like this.
  8. BriarRabbit

BriarRabbit Member

Just got back and about to head out again, this time with the Mrs. Earlier I went to the feed store to pickup some plain ground corn meal (nothing else in it) for my lawn because it's not only a good natural fertilizer, but an awesome anti-fungal (read: brown spot) as well. I spread the stuff already while it's cool(er) than it will be this afternoon of 90+. Smoked some EMP in some billiard with some Navy quality coffee. Set the SG SJF out so when we get back, I'll smoke it in a MM.

9. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Yes, one might do just that!
    Out for Delivery
    May 18, 2013, 8:00 am
    GAINESVILLE, FL 32601
    Expected Delivery By:
    May 18, 2013
    USPS Tracking / Delivery Confirmation™
    :whis:

Lucky Duck, surlysoul, Morse and 5 others like this.
  10. jhguthlac

jhguthlac Active Member

Fed Teddi and now smoking MB Vanilla Cream.

Lucky Duck, surlysoul, Morse and 7 others like this.
  11. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Suzy and Molly are chasing each other around the house, rumblin', bumblin' and stumblin' as Chris Berman would say if he was here watching them. I'm tumblin' over a bowl of Dunbar in my trusty 1970s smooth three quarter bend Peterson System Standard 305. A can of Hansen's Mandarin Lime is my drink. Lots of baseball on TV and the XM today. And work to do, too!

Lucky Duck, surlysoul, Morse and 11 others like this.
  12. user3221

user3221 Active Member

Oh yeah, this is a keeper!
    Like you were going to really give it away :whis:

Lucky Duck, surlysoul, dBear and 5 others like this.
  13. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Our challenger finished their walkabout challenge in 40 minutes with mostly medium billows of blueish grey smoke throughout the entire bowl. The first 1/3 was a lovely taste of VA and migrated toward some spiciness into the next 1/3 with a dominant taste of Perique which lasted about 5 minutes into the last 1/3 then settled down into a lovely combination of spice and great tobacco flavors. The finish was met with clean grey ash and minimal moisture in the bowl which dissipated in 15 seconds. A pipe cleaner ran through came out a medium brown with no moisture, thank you challenger #2.

[​IMG]

Lucky Duck, surlysoul, Morse and 7 others like this.
  14. user3221

user3221 Active Member

I sense that Mr Fishnbanjo is still full of hate towards certain members of this community

:popc:

Lucky Duck, surlysoul, dBear and 6 others like this.
  15. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

And your point is? [​IMG] ;)

16. user3221

user3221 Active Member

group therapy time out fishing trip might help
    [​IMG]
    ..................... <*)))><

Lucky Duck, surlysoul, dBear and 6 others like this.
  17. user3221

user3221 Active Member

currently smoking some crappie tobacco in my rock cob
    while getting ready to make more rock cobs

18. User4408

User4408 Active Member

It'll do that.

I'm down to my last 50 gm pack of WF. Once I break the foil on that tray and smoke it up, that's it! :eek: Fills me with dread just to think about it. 'Cause there's really nothing else out there like it.

Erinmore Flake in a Canadian blast ...

Lucky Duck, surlysoul, dBear and 8 others like this.
  19. Stormy

Stormy Resident Rain Maker

Been weed eating all morning, got to stop at the feed store and get some liquid weed eater next week. Anyway carter hall via the MM CG. Hope you all have a good weekend.

20. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

On my way back home ... This was the first very nice and sunny day this year. Had some brats and a nice bowl of Strang in the DGE Chunky [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.