What Are You Smoking? May, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, May 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RTOdhner

RTOdhner Well-Known Member

A Ben Wade briar Calabash full of Squadron Leader and a mug of black coffee (Maxwell House), while doing my COU-6309 (Ethics) reading. (Oh, and BS'ng here on PSF).

2. ZeissMan

ZeissMan Member

Having a bowl of CH in MM Washington after 1/2 of yard mowed. First time this season, so it is taking a while. Now on to the second half and to fill the bird feeders. Have a great weekend everyone,
    ~ ZeissMan

3. Artistik

Artistik Active Member

Cooking brats later and filling the birdfeeders. Helping Miss Daisy prepare a breakfast casserole to put in the freezer for next weekend company. Just lit a bowl of Mc. C's Blackwood Flake for a sweet sipping smoke this afternoon.

4. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Our next contestant is contestant #3 in the Morta Anni Kake Challenge. Our contestant is a shaded mix of predominantly black and grey streaking, this Moretti is from Italy. At its waist it wears a bone colored acrylic band with a black tail sporting a rose colored spot, the 6 y/o Anniversary Kake enjoyment challange will be fun in the sun, let's hear it for challenger #3! :appl:

[​IMG]

5. WalkinStick

WalkinStick Your Huckleberry

It just showed up :byg: Along with MY POY!! :banana: I'm opening both right now.

6. BernardLerring

BernardLerring Active Member

Getting stuck into Germain's pique mixture. Just a shame I'm having to smoke outside on a couple cold day at my brother's but, on the plus side, at least I'm in Yorkshire.

7. WalkinStick

WalkinStick Your Huckleberry

F and B, you are too generous. This tin of Escudo you sent me is from 2 weeks before I could even legally buy tobacco. :byg: I've also not had the chance to try Marlin, Red flake, or the Navy rolls. Thank you very much :th1:
    [​IMG]
    So I'm going to try out this 2005 Escudo in my 2013 Kaywoodie!
    [​IMG]
    :banana: :banana: :banana:

Edit:Sorry for the crappy pictures, I'm excited.

8. Thuber88

Thuber88 Well-Known Member

The remains of last nights Walnut in Petey Green

9. jhguthlac

jhguthlac Active Member

Mrs. is out running errands. Teddi is going through extreme separation anxiety. I have a meers with the head of Mr. Holmes filled with MB Cherry Ambrosia smoking away. In about 2 hours Fox will have the Saturday game featuring the Phils and Reds. Going to be a rough Saturday, as that is apparently the last/only game of the game for me. O's are on at the same time. Nats are on the West coast.

10. psquared

psquared DGErwin, my horse would like a word with you...

Beautiful Saturday in NW PA. Kicked it off with ODF in the DGE Lacewood CG. Have a great day fellas.​

11. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Our challenger finished their fun in the sun challenge in 40 minutes with large billowy puffs of whitish grey smoke throughout. The first 1/3 of the bowl was soft and luscious VA then notes of cinnamon crept in with the palate experience being like a wonderfully deep red burgundy and the snork sense continuing to cinnamon and developing to toasted nutmeg. Spiciness abundant in the next 1/3 with a deeper palate of dark red burgundy continuing through the second 1/3 of the bowl. The final 1/3 of the bowl was a dance of flavors from the spice to the wine then mellowing to just a delicious tobacco ending with a whitish grey ash with no dottle nor moisture in the bowl, a swipe with the pipe cleaner revealed a deeper tan color with no moisture. As with our other two contestants no lighting was required past the initial application, thank you challenger #3.

[​IMG]

Only several posts to 1000! :beck:

12. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Decided on a change of pace, so, thanks to Flatbush Paul, I'm smoking Kendal's #7 in a 1970s slight bend black sandblasted Comoy's Silver Cloud 624. Listening to the truly awful Yankees play-by-play man John Sterling calling the game against the Blue Jays on the XM. Sterling's so bad, he's almost good; the Ed Wood of radio.

13. Thuber88

So he is calling the game wearing a dress and a bad wig??:rolleyes:

Lucky Duck, surlysoul, Morse and 5 others like this.
  14. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

No, but his color analyst, Suzyn Waldman looks like that. The Kitsch Queen of the Bronx.

15. Thuber88

I thought a color analyst could just tell the differences between puce and umber:p:

Having the last half of a bowl of who knows what leftover in the straight Viking with bowl #2
    I seem to get a lot of this who knows what tobacco some days:msty:

16. jhguthlac

jhguthlac Active Member

Had a second bowl of MB cherry ambrosia, now back to Walnut. Now that the tub has settled and I am getting the full effect of the latakia, I am really enjoying this blend.

Lucky Duck, surlysoul, Morse and 7 others like this.
  17. Russell Hartman

Russell Hartman Stay Silver

Taking a break from yard work-----been smoking Carter Hall all day in one of my Hackert Nose Warmers.
    Looks like rain and perhaps a break from outdoor work.:byg::bing::ohyh:

18. SouthBound

SouthBound Active Member

Just finished mowing the lawn. While I was at it, the mailman ran. So, it's Kickin' Chicken in the POY.

Lucky Duck, surlysoul, Morse and 6 others like this.
  19. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

Moretti Morta - I badly want you! :bbaby:

Lucky Duck, surlysoul, Morse and 6 others like this.
  20. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

Back home again. Earlier today I had another bowl during BBQ:
    [​IMG]

Apfelwein on the side.
    Soon I'm going to smoke the third bowl for today, while watching a movie - but I haven't decided yet on what to enjoy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.