1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

What Are You Smoking? May, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, May 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RTOdhner

RTOdhner Well-Known Member

A Ben Wade briar Calabash full of Squadron Leader and a mug of black coffee (Maxwell House), while doing my COU-6309 (Ethics) reading. (Oh, and BS'ng here on PSF).

2. ZeissMan

ZeissMan Member

Having a bowl of CH in MM Washington after 1/2 of yard mowed. First time this season, so it is taking a while. Now on to the second half and to fill the bird feeders. Have a great weekend everyone,
    ~ ZeissMan

3. Artistik

Artistik Active Member

Cooking brats later and filling the birdfeeders. Helping Miss Daisy prepare a breakfast casserole to put in the freezer for next weekend company. Just lit a bowl of Mc. C's Blackwood Flake for a sweet sipping smoke this afternoon.

4. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Our next contestant is contestant #3 in the Morta Anni Kake Challenge. Our contestant is a shaded mix of predominantly black and grey streaking, this Moretti is from Italy. At its waist it wears a bone colored acrylic band with a black tail sporting a rose colored spot, the 6 y/o Anniversary Kake enjoyment challange will be fun in the sun, let's hear it for challenger #3! :appl:

[​IMG]

5. WalkinStick

WalkinStick Active Member

It just showed up :byg: Along with MY POY!! :banana: I'm opening both right now.

6. BernardLerring

BernardLerring Active Member

Getting stuck into Germain's pique mixture. Just a shame I'm having to smoke outside on a couple cold day at my brother's but, on the plus side, at least I'm in Yorkshire.

7. WalkinStick

WalkinStick Active Member

F and B, you are too generous. This tin of Escudo you sent me is from 2 weeks before I could even legally buy tobacco. :byg: I've also not had the chance to try Marlin, Red flake, or the Navy rolls. Thank you very much :th1:
    [​IMG]
    So I'm going to try out this 2005 Escudo in my 2013 Kaywoodie!
    [​IMG]
    :banana: :banana: :banana:

Edit:Sorry for the crappy pictures, I'm excited.

8. Thuber88

Thuber88 Well-Known Member

The remains of last nights Walnut in Petey Green

9. jhguthlac

jhguthlac Active Member

Mrs. is out running errands. Teddi is going through extreme separation anxiety. I have a meers with the head of Mr. Holmes filled with MB Cherry Ambrosia smoking away. In about 2 hours Fox will have the Saturday game featuring the Phils and Reds. Going to be a rough Saturday, as that is apparently the last/only game of the game for me. O's are on at the same time. Nats are on the West coast.

10. psquared

psquared DGErwin, my horse would like a word with you...

Beautiful Saturday in NW PA. Kicked it off with ODF in the DGE Lacewood CG. Have a great day fellas.​

11. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Our challenger finished their fun in the sun challenge in 40 minutes with large billowy puffs of whitish grey smoke throughout. The first 1/3 of the bowl was soft and luscious VA then notes of cinnamon crept in with the palate experience being like a wonderfully deep red burgundy and the snork sense continuing to cinnamon and developing to toasted nutmeg. Spiciness abundant in the next 1/3 with a deeper palate of dark red burgundy continuing through the second 1/3 of the bowl. The final 1/3 of the bowl was a dance of flavors from the spice to the wine then mellowing to just a delicious tobacco ending with a whitish grey ash with no dottle nor moisture in the bowl, a swipe with the pipe cleaner revealed a deeper tan color with no moisture. As with our other two contestants no lighting was required past the initial application, thank you challenger #3.

[​IMG]

Only several posts to 1000! :beck:

12. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Decided on a change of pace, so, thanks to Flatbush Paul, I'm smoking Kendal's #7 in a 1970s slight bend black sandblasted Comoy's Silver Cloud 624. Listening to the truly awful Yankees play-by-play man John Sterling calling the game against the Blue Jays on the XM. Sterling's so bad, he's almost good; the Ed Wood of radio.

13. Thuber88

So he is calling the game wearing a dress and a bad wig??:rolleyes:

Lucky Duck, surlysoul, Morse and 5 others like this.
  14. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

No, but his color analyst, Suzyn Waldman looks like that. The Kitsch Queen of the Bronx.

15. Thuber88

I thought a color analyst could just tell the differences between puce and umber:p:

Having the last half of a bowl of who knows what leftover in the straight Viking with bowl #2
    I seem to get a lot of this who knows what tobacco some days:msty:

16. jhguthlac

jhguthlac Active Member

Had a second bowl of MB cherry ambrosia, now back to Walnut. Now that the tub has settled and I am getting the full effect of the latakia, I am really enjoying this blend.

Lucky Duck, surlysoul, Morse and 7 others like this.
  17. Russell Hartman

Russell Hartman Stay Silver

Taking a break from yard work-----been smoking Carter Hall all day in one of my Hackert Nose Warmers.
    Looks like rain and perhaps a break from outdoor work.:byg::bing::ohyh:

18. SouthBound

SouthBound Active Member

Just finished mowing the lawn. While I was at it, the mailman ran. So, it's Kickin' Chicken in the POY.

Lucky Duck, surlysoul, Morse and 6 others like this.
  19. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

Moretti Morta - I badly want you! :bbaby:

Lucky Duck, surlysoul, Morse and 6 others like this.
  20. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

Back home again. Earlier today I had another bowl during BBQ:
    [​IMG]

Apfelwein on the side.
    Soon I'm going to smoke the third bowl for today, while watching a movie - but I haven't decided yet on what to enjoy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.