What Are You Smoking? May, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, May 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Well it's time to welcome contestant #4 to our Morta Anni Kake Challenge. The challenge this time is the Boxwood Trim Challenge. Our contestant is a Richard from Germany and is a lovely black color with a hint of deep mahogany, trimmed in Boxwood (fitting for the challenge, eh ;)... ) and a gorgeous tail of Cumberland, let's hear it for challenger #4. :appl:

[​IMG]

Lucky Duck, surlysoul, Morse and 7 others like this.
  2. BurgundyRed

BurgundyRed Member

Finished mowing the grass. Enjoying 3 Oaks Syrian in my 1926 Dunhill with a cup of Stewart's Private Blend coffee.

3. psquared

psquared DGErwin, my horse would like a word with you...

LBF in the Hardcastle.

4. Thuber88

Thuber88 Well-Known Member

Shct to Mush in Bent Viking, Bowl #3 on it, BGM of ice tea

5. dBear

dBear Active Member

Bosphorus Cruise in my PSF POY 2013.

6. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Well, post 999! Our challenger finished the Boxwood Trim Challenge in 43 minutes with a lightly blue hue to white billows of smoke. The taste of VA was predominate with the warmth of honey on the palate, the snork was true VA. It wasn't until the last 1/4 of the bowl did any hint of spice begin and it did not strengthen but continued to the end of the bowl which was left with no dottle just a clean whitish grey ash. Once the ash was removed there was nothing there but the bottom of the bowl and it was free of moisture, a quick run with a pipe cleaner gave a tan color and no moisture, thank you challenger #4.

[​IMG]

7. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

Ok, I've decided on a movie, a tobacco and a pipe. Silver Linings Playbook, Three Nuns, Moretti. :)

[​IMG]

8. WalkinStick

WalkinStick Your Huckleberry

:drly:

9. Spillproof

Spillproof Mostly Harmless Moderator

Uhle's 44 in a Peterson 302 as I drive down Hwy 5 through the valley.

10. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Listening to the Reds beating the Phillies 3-0 in the 4th inning. I'm about to open a bottle of Grape Nehi, and, thanks to Ruffinogold, smoking Three Star Green in a 1983 Ben Wade Duo 65 Smooth Poker. More work to do, so I'm back to the studio.

11. WalkinStick

This '05 Escudo is awesome. Thanks FnB! It probably doesn't hurt that I'm smoking it in this badass POY. Even though it's 90 degrees outside thus thing still smokes cool and dry. I am definitely glad I ordered one :byg: Drinking a Dundee Pale bock lager and waiting for the boss lady to tell me that the beef stew with rice and homemade cornbread is done...

12. SidStavros

SidStavros Active Member

Samuel Gawith Scotch Cut Mixture.

13. dBear

dBear Active Member

Waiting out FishNBanjo's 1000th post. What will it be? Another Challenger? A riposte in his hate-fest with WalkinStick? Will he simply draw out the anticipation by making us wait three or four days?
    :popc:

14. WalkinStick

:popc: indeed.

Lucky Duck, surlysoul, Morse and 7 others like this.
  15. MDaws79

MDaws79 Member

I didn't dissapear! I'm just way back here on page 119. Yes, you were the weirdo to name it that, even to push me to call it that!
    Currently smoking some MD mix in the CG. Eagerly anticipating pipe club tonight.

16. WalkinStick

I haven't had it in a while. Maybe I'll fire some up tonight and do the long distance pipe club thing :th1:

17. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

:popc:
    Got all the windows open and it's so nice and Spring-like in here I thought i'd smoke some Grousemoor in the old Kaywoodie Dublin and add some lakeland smell to the place. Lemonade to go with the popcorn, waiting on FnB. Come on old sun, gidiyap!

18. MDaws79

MDaws79 Member

I have a good update in the works, I feel like I owe this thread one with pictures since I have been so absent lately. I can not do it yet though, it would ruin someones suprise. more later, happy smoking, I am headed back to 119 now.

19. ZeissMan

ZeissMan Member

Wow, what a difference. Just fitted one of my new Forever stems (amber) into the MM Washington and stoked up a bowl of PA (in memory of GranPa) for a quiet afternoon watching the sprinklers water in the DPW. Added some Pinot Noir to set the afternoon straight. This could become a habit1
    ~ ZeissMan

20. inkybat

inkybat Active Member

FMOTT in a bent bulldog the garden, helping my wife with garden stuff.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.