1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

What Are You Smoking? May, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, May 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Our challenger completed the Oh Britannia Challenge in 38 minutes with a light grey medium smoke. The taste of VA was present and turned to a note of Fig on the palate with cinnamon in snork, eased its way into spicy which it finished with leaving a white grey ash, no dottle nor moisture evident in the bowl, the color of the pipe cleaner inserted and removed was light tan with no moisture, thank you challenger #5.

[​IMG]

2. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Gonna get under the sheet's with the latest from David Baldacci "The Hit" and when the lids start to get too heavy it will be lights out, have a safe evening PSFer's see ya in about 7 pages....... :old:

3. Thuber88

Thuber88 Well-Known Member

Sleep well Sir!

4. p120d16y

p120d16y Active Member

McC Grand Oriental's Smyrna #1 (2010) in my Legend. Pork chops, peas, and broccoli for dinner.

5. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

G&H Cherry Vanilla in a Medico apple.

6. dBear

dBear Active Member

[​IMG] 'Grats on da t'ousand, F&B! Way ta put 'er in there.

7. dBear

dBear Active Member

Black Lung in the red rock Rekamepip. Then some pseudo-Chinese chicken for dinner.

8. rondel65

rondel65 Misplaces Lighters

Whew! What a day! Well I did cut the grass, rand errands with Mrs. Del but the beagles still need a bath and the garage is still need in some sort of organization, BUT too beautiful of a day not to take a little time for myself. Drank some blackberry moonshine and cooled off in the pool followed by a bowl of Blue Mountain in a MG. My wife brought me a mixed drink of Captain Morgan Spiced Rum, melon liqueur, orange juice and a splash of cranberry juice. Feeling purty good... I loaded up a bowl of latakia flake and put it in my Rekamepip red rock cobb "rockcobsta." That thing smokes like a beast! Father's day is comming up so y'all oughta treat yourself to one of these. Got some Fire Dance on my drying plate for this evenings offering.
    [​IMG]

9. User4408

User4408 Active Member

The photo on their website doesn't do it justice. The real stuff is almost jet black and STRONG ...

[​IMG]

Caution! It won't just ghost your pipe ... it'll ghost anything within a 10 foot radius. Fortunately when I got a 500 gm block years ago it was foil packed.

A pipe smoker I know in Germany swears it's Virginia, but I don't think that's right. The description says dark-fired, and that sounds more like it given the wallop it packs. But it is undoubtedly smooth and devoid of any harshness, which is probably why he thinks it's Va.

LBF in a Le Nuvole ...

10. surlysoul

surlysoul Sales Account

Exotique in a big Peterson Deciding between A&W and Corona. Going to the Rockies game tomorrow.
    Congrats F&B.

11. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

You remind me that I have an unopened 2003 one pound brick of RB Plug still in the foil. I ought to trade it. It's too strong for me.

12. CaKy

CaKy Member

Showing the Nording bulldog churchwarden a little affection this evening with some SWRA

13. Morse

Morse Active Member

That is a MUCH nicer picture. I may have to work my way up to that stuff. Maybe I'll start with a 20:1 mix of Orlick GS and RP plug and move up from there ;)

14. ZeissMan

ZeissMan Member

You east-coasters fold it up way too soon. We still have a Rockies-Giants game to finish and who knows what after that in LoDo. For my part, I will be loading a MM Churchhill with a brand new Forever stem with a bowl of Granger to watch the evening come to a close. Night to all,
    ~ ZeissMan

15. user3221

user3221 Active Member

Been on the buffing wheel for more than 2 hours time for a break !:shead:

Heines Blend in a maple wood pipe:puffy: Mickeys Malt Liquor on the side :chug:

sure is nice outside - and the mosquitoes are not out yet so that is good

16. user3221

user3221 Active Member

Turtles are crossing the highway 2 weeks early and i saw a armadillo on the side of the road
    must be going to be a hot summer this year - we never have armadillos this far north in missouri

Time to get the tobacco seeds out and see what happens

:old:

17. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Crab cakes and potatoes for dinner, and then a great dessert! I'm relaxing before going back to work with a can of 7-Up, the Braves leading the Dodgers 3-1, and a bowl of Old Dark Fired in a 1970s GBD Prehistoric Rhodesian 9438 with a perspex stem.

psquared, Lucky Duck, CaKy and 13 others like this.
  18. Mington

Mington Well-Known Member

19. RS422

RS422 Member

I would love some RB Plug. PM me with what you would want in trade.

20. Brit abroad

Brit abroad Active Member

I'm surrounded by woodland, I have a river just across the road with woodland stretching up the hill in the distance, but tonight while having several wonderful bowlfulls of GLP Odyssey and Quiet nights while finishing of my beer and a few healthy glasses of Capt Morgans spiced Rum on the rocks, it started to get very crowded around my camp chair, no, not with people but June Bugs, masses of the dumb critters, bouncing of me and everything around them, I have had to come indoors, normally only one or two but this year there seems to be more than usual, I stepped over eight on the porch coming into the house, also a beautiful, huge Lime moth, has anyone else noticed an increase in bugs?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.