What Are You Smoking? May, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, May 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Texhealer

Texhealer Active Member

Va #1 in an old beat up no name Zulu....one of my best smokers, hot and humid here today so, a/c on, having an evening coffee watching the Warehouse 13 marathon.

2. cobbsmoker

cobbsmoker Active Member

It's been a long day and time for a short sweet smoke like Carter Hall in a Washington Cob with something cool to drink, have a good evening everyone and good night.

3. jdto

jdto Well-Known Member

Well, I doubt I'll get many compliments on the aroma tonight. I'm sitting out on Falls Avenue again, this time with GLP Quiet Nights in the Dress Blast Tinsky. At least the two cigar smokers to my right will probably take the blame. :D
    [​IMG]

4. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

The Braves beat the Dodgers, and the Red Sox are putting a real hurt on the Twins with a 11-5 lead. The Pirates are tied 2-2 with the Astros in the 11th. I'm still working, and thanks to Ruffinogold, smoking 1947 Sir Walter Raleigh in medium bend grain etched undated Preben Holm Ben Wade Prominence B freehand. Same can of 7-Up. Everybody else here is sleeping, so I have it easy now.

5. user3221

user3221 Active Member

carter hall in my DGE CUSTOM
    (thanks spill )

6. BRotherBriar

BRotherBriar Member

Escudo in a Savinelli Billard at Myrtle Beach with my wife and daughter. Maker's Mark in the cup. This is the life.

7. Mount Mandolin

Mount Mandolin Active Member

Astley's 44 in a Northern Briars banker.

Total steam bath outside right now. 75F and 85% RH. Kinda like New Orleans in February. :)

8. WalkinStick

WalkinStick Your Huckleberry

I know how you feel, brother.
    [​IMG]

9. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

The recent Viking vs. Falcon thread got me thinking about them. I don't have a Falcon, though, so Kendal Dark in the Viking :puffy:

10. Thuber88

Thuber88 Well-Known Member

Starting on Orlick Golden Sliced in La Reserva 272 bent whatever it is, and ice tea

11. Stravinsky

Stravinsky Member

<6.5 hours until pipe.
    Edit--
    Took the kids to a zoo today, and then two parks. And then played for a couple hours in the courtyard of my building. I'm getting too old for this "fun" thing.

12. dBear

dBear Active Member

Dan's Sweet Vanilla Honeydew (thanks, Surlysoul!) in the black rock cob. This stuff smells as good and as intense as one of those vanilla candles.

13. JimInks

I've a little more work to do, so I'm listening to The Shadow on the XM, drinking Simply Lemonade, and thanks to Ruffinogold, smoking Astley's 55 in an early Radice Rind three quarter bend sandblast egg with a bamboo-style carving on the shank. The Hopalong Cassidy show is on next..

14. Stravinsky

Stravinsky Member

Reading through back posts. Congrats to Sante! It's great to be at Banjo 1K.

Saw that a Skype session of country boys has been suggested. I'm originally from Chicago. Can I still play with you guys?

15. Stravinsky

Stravinsky Member

Thuber: ND holds its commencement in a matter of hours. Which means that on Monday, they roll up the streets of this town until mid-August.

Do you have to use the Bypass to get around us?

16. Thuber88

I can avoid it all, there is always ironwood, and or the bypass, from me, portage is close and handy as well, you cant faze me with your stinky college activities:xd:

17. Thuber88

That and I hardly go anywhere or hadn't you noticed, LOL

18. Stravinsky

Stravinsky Member

Keep your head down when you drive on Portage.

Actually, I shop at the Martin's there. When my coworkers found this out, a couple freaked: "People get SHOT there!"

Yeah. But the prices are so good . . .

19. TedVig

TedVig total pipeflake

MB black ambrosia in a savinelli Panama Canadian. This stuff is awesome!

20. JimInks

Work's all done. I'm listening to Ralph Richardson and John Gielgud as Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson on the XM, drinking ice water that's chilled to the proper temperature, and smoking Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 1982 black sandblasted paneled slight bend Savinelli flat bottom sitter. Got a few pipes to clean and box scores to read. Suzy wants to read them with me, while Molly wants to know why nobody's playing with her. I'm sure Suzy's going to oblige her soon enough.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.