What Are You Smoking? May, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, May 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Yes, it is. M'lady said the room smells like plum when I smoke it. I also greatly enjoy Germain's Plumcake, which TedVig turned me on to. Btw, this Pioneer meer cost me $4.95 when I bought it in '75, and no matter what I've smoked in it over the years, I get a good taste of what I'm smoking.

2. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Well there may be somewhere but it is not showing its face on the state of Maine today. Got out of bed and Levi was standing there, how a 6" tail can shake 95 lbs of dog is beyond me.

Worked my way around the 95 lb shimey and shake show to get downstairs to turn on the Keurig then let Levi out while I smoked the MM Diplomat. The coffee was ready, strong and black in the Pusser's Rum Mug so I fed Levi and sipped coffee and the remnants in the MM. Then put all the tobacco and the Irving Cobb cob in the SL500 and made more coffee for tunes and cruising the beach.

Got to the beach to find some yahoo took my favorite spot so I improvised and picked one of the remaining 199.
    Finally caught up here after choking down 2 cinnamon rolls whilst sipping coffee then on to the Irving Cobb filled with Plum Cake and topped with AJ's Vapers listening to Juice now. Good morning PSFers the finale of the Morta Anni Kake Challenge should complete today if the weather cooperates. :)

3. bdragon

bdragon Member

Another fine morning from the sunny climes of Florida. I am starting this morning with a cop of black coffee with a spot of honey. Also part of the morning is a striate no-name pipe with a very large bowl of Rattray's Marlin Flake.

Last night I went threw my pipe tobacco collection, two cases (old print paper boxes) full of fine smoke. Nothing newer then 5 years old at this point. I pulled a few to hold me over and changed out the tobacco I keep in the bug out bag and my overnight bag.

If you have not built up a nice supply, not is the time! Prices and availability are going to become more of an issue. I started buy twice as much as I could smoke years ago. I have been unemployed for two years now, and by God no worries on the smoking front.

I have a mix of tins and tobacco that I have canned myself. I also picked up extra supplies whenever they were on sale.

So good morning all and have a nice Sunday smoke!

bd - Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. -Confucious

4. BernardLerring

BernardLerring Active Member

Enjoying King Charles mixture in three kilarney while soaking up the sun in my brother's back garden

5. SidStavros

SidStavros Active Member

Watching the: Hidalgo (2004)

[​IMG]

i smoke: Hearth and Home Louisiana Red.

6. DGErwin11

DGErwin11 Moderator Moderator

Enjoying some CH In the POY and savoring some black coffee. This pipe will be reserved for special occasions, like my first coffee of the day everyday.

7. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

I love this movie! :thu:

8. muddler

muddler Active Member

Early afternoon here on an overcast & cool day. I'll be fishing on Wed so I'm tying up a few flies to try. Taking a break now with FVF in a Pietenpauw billiard.

[​IMG]

9. user3221

user3221 Active Member

Morning PSF

Looks like the late night shift left quite a mess round here and Doug is pre occupied with smoking his fancy new POY
    but at least he made the coffee

smoking a round of plain ole PS Turkish in RC

while i look for cinnamon rolls

psquared, Lucky Duck, dBear and 12 others like this.
  10. user3221

user3221 Active Member

To take your spot at the beach parking - the nerve of some people - now i know where all that hate comes from
    :shead:

11. SouthBound

SouthBound Active Member

Morning, fellows.

Bayou Morning in a Sav Auto.

psquared, Lucky Duck, dBear and 13 others like this.
  12. Artistik

Artistik Active Member

Good morning. 65*f, 98%H in the Florida Big Bend this morning. But, the coffee is brewed and I am sipping on a cup, strong and black. I'm trying to decide what tobacco next for breaking in the POY. I had a bowl of CH in it yesterday and Miss Daisy complained about the room note, She has always liked CH and SWR. Maybe the different to her smell, is because the pipe is new. I didn't think the CH tasted as sweet as usual. I'll probably do the CH again to see if it's better this time. I think I will give the Montbatten Bulldog a go with Plumcake or Mc. C's Virginia Woods. I hope it will be a good VA burner for my rotation.

13. Tom Sawyer

Tom Sawyer Member

Hello!
    [​IMG]
    in Sener Meerschaum
    [​IMG]

while listening to some

14. porshcigar

porshcigar Member

Field Master, in a blasted, bent Dublin.

psquared, Lucky Duck, dBear and 14 others like this.
  15. colorduke

colorduke Active Member

CH in a Grabow Bucko/coffee.

16. surlysoul

surlysoul Sales Account

Heading to the garage with some 5110, a Mr. Brog, some coffee, and a yellow lab. Lots to get done before heading to the game later.

17. user3221

user3221 Active Member

Last Night i nubbed off a shank and gussied up a corn cob pipe
    so this morning i will break it in with some hot burning shag for trial run

103_1696.JPG

Smoking my pipe While checking the PSF Auctions
    If you have not done so, then you need to get signed up, start listing and bidding here !

the more people that join in on the fun the more items that DGE will list
    :whis:

here is a link to CHECK IT OUT !
    http://pipesmokersauction.com

18. jhguthlac

jhguthlac Active Member

Brewed up some Twinings Irish Breakfast tea and settled into reading with Irish Oak in Pete Sherlock Holmes. Then Old Dublin in other large Pete.

19. Bear84

Bear84 Member

Went with some HOTW in a Sav this morning.

psquared, Lucky Duck, dBear and 12 others like this.
  20. DGErwin11

DGErwin11 Moderator Moderator

Giving the POY a rest. CH in a DGE Chunky Elegancy More black coffee.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.