What Are You Smoking? May, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, May 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MDaws79

MDaws79 Member

What is this?! I was off for a week and look what I missed. This PSF Auctions looks great. I can finally get an old boy lighter.

2. MDaws79

MDaws79 Member

Good morning friends!

Pipe club last night was held outdoors and everything I smoked was magnificent. The best thing being the 2013 POY with a half bowl of Irish Oak. I got to surprise Lucky with his POY, which was fun, I got to try some 3P's which was really really good. I tried a few other things last night that I had before, but they all tasted so much better than ever before. I did not smoke any MD mix, nor did I use the CG at all... weird.
    Before Pipe Club I fired up an old Smokin' Pit grill for the first time, after buying it for $20 and restoring it. The ribs that came out of it were amazing.
    [​IMG]
    It was good timing on the pit because I had just signed up for a rib cook-off. My main competitor in the showdown is Jedi's dad, Randy. Last year he beat me for First place by a tenth of a point and has not shut up about it since. So, picking the name for my grill was easy.
    [​IMG]

Right now I am smoking nothing, but I wish that I had some more of that 3P's.

Check out this POY
    [​IMG]

3. Brit abroad

Brit abroad Well-Known Member

luxury Twist Flake in a cob with lots of strong coffee, good morning all.

4. TedVig

TedVig total pipeflake

CH in a stanwell 63m.

5. jhguthlac

jhguthlac Active Member

Thinking about a pipe filled with Pete's Con Choice. Time to put thought into action!

psquared, Lucky Duck, jpberg and 11 others like this.
  6. user3221

user3221 Active Member

Well shoot i should have went to your house last night
    :doh:

7. WalkinStick

WalkinStick Your Huckleberry

Nice! :th1:

8. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

Good morning all. Happy peaceful Sunday! Started min off with some old Dunhill Durbar in a great old apple. A nice, fresh, cold tin of Grizzly wintergreen. A big mug of hot black Pg-tips tea. Watching all the dire weather notices for strong rain, ect, for Ind, Ill and MI for the next 3 days. BAH! I can hit the basement in 30 secs with pipes, tobacco and comp tower in hand. No fear!

9. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

Of course it's on BO at P&C. If you ever split it up, I'd love a taste.

10. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

Without the bugs, it sounds like a great place to relax with a pipe. Watch out for the locusts that are on the way across the east coast! Big noise for a couple of weeks. Think it's a 17 year event with next year being the midwest turn.

11. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Our first contestant for today is next to the last in our Morta Anni Kake Challenge, theme today is let's get the walkabout on the dang road before it rains, so let's introduce contestant #6. Our challenger is a Becker from Italy. A lovely mottling of shades of Chocolate from 80% Cacao to 60% intermingled throughout accented with a milk chocolate and smoke infused tail, let's hear it for challenger #6. :appl:

[​IMG]

12. The Dane

The Dane Member

I'm having some Mac Baren Harmony in a Nørding Meer.

13. WalkinStick

Morning, gents. Time for some more KK in my Wally Frank and more black coffee. Getting ready to go see my folks and maybe hit the lake to do a little bass fishing. Weatherman says it's going to rain but I've called him a liar for years. We'll see.

14. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

Got a little Lat/Black Cav/something blend smoking in a '70's Jobey apple. More hot tea to drink.

15. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Woke up with a craving to smoke the current Three Nuns tinned version in a mid-late 1930s straight black grain relief Dunhill OX Shell bulldog with a silver band repair. It was the first thing I thought about when I got out of bed because Suzy and Molly were already fed, and had gone back to sleep. I haven't smoked this pipe lately, and as my stash of this version of Three Nuns is dwindling, I figured it needed the Dunhill. Braves and Dodgers game starts at 1:30 EST, and I'll watch the game before going to work and switching to the XM. Raining, raining, raining outside, so I decided to drink a cup of hot tea.

16. cobbsmoker

cobbsmoker Active Member

Prince Albert followed by Carter Hall in my favorite Cob, the MM Washington... :puffy:

17. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

Smoking some McClellands matured VA #24 in a Peterson Sherlock Holmes Deerstalker, yogi tea on the side.
    Have a great sunday all!

[​IMG]

Edit: with a topping of Anni Kake. :bing:

18. Tsal

Tsal Sales Account

Happy Sunday. Dunhill Flake in a chubby rusty Moretti. This is my go to "flake" pipe lately.

19. MDaws79

MDaws79 Member

pics please!

Lucky Duck, Morse, YAPPG and 8 others like this.
  20. WalkinStick

Hopefully it won't flood on me and I'll have a couple largemouth pics later :th1:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.