1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

What Are You Smoking? May, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, May 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

Man , this is the third weekend in a row that it's rained non stop pretty much . The kids are a little bonkers so I figured to get out of the house . Took the family out , first to Tractor supply and then to eat . Theres a IHOP in Elijay , Georgia and their coffee is pretty good and they have pancakes , so that's where we went .It turns out that kids eat free off the kids menu on Sundays between 4pm and 10 pm ... so that worked out nicely . Man , I really enjoyed it ! The booth was comfortable , the food was good and the music was Dylan , Beatles , Beach boys , monkeys etc .. My kids eat like champs and it was early enough to where it was quite and just a nice time out .... We'll be doing it once a month from here on out so long as I'm working.

Anyway , I enjoyed a bowl of Altadis J4 mild Burley in a Calabresi Prince and Jenifer smoked her most awesome Tinderbox Meer lined slight bent Dublin [ it's super pretty ] filled with Three Nuns that smelled fan freakin tastic . Her pipe , if it were new and had a price tag of 150 bucks on it .. I'd nab it ! It's really pretty . She so scored a half dozen of them and I was lucky to get three [ we split them ] .

2. CaKy

CaKy Member

Walnut in my new DGE briar poker noseheater.

Our newest modu-tator is a codger that wears many hats apparently. I'm especially fond of his pipe-makin' hat. A few bowls of CH & a couple Walnut...the little sawed-off briar pleases big time. It ain't particular and smokes like a dream. There are no cons to this pipe...it's all on the pro side. Cool as a cucumber and my grandson could skateboard around the rim of this bowl. Just fantastic work, Mr Erwin. I'm going to be adding more of his briar to my stash.

[​IMG]

3. user3221

user3221 Active Member

i am smoking pork steaks and they are dang near crunchy on the edges :beyes:

but that is how she' likes em

103_1805.JPG

4. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Congrats on your daughter's graduation!

Pirates beat the Astros 1-0, Yanks-Blue Jays rained out, O's lose again, and in a rain soaked game, the Braves beat the Dodgers 5-2 with a great 8th inning rally. I'm waiting for dinner with a bowl of Full Virginia Flake in a straight 1968 Dunhill Shell bulldog, and a bottle of Grape Nehi. Tonight at 9 EST is another installment in C-Span 3's The Presidents series featuring President Garfield. I wonder if Odie was his VP?

5. WalkinStick

WalkinStick Active Member

Got the burgers and dogs off the grill just in time. Ate with the boss lady's family and headed home in this..
    [​IMG]
    Headed out to the porch now with the POY full of '05 Escudo and a Dundee IPA. Hope everybody had an awesome Sunday.

Edit: Scratch that, I decided to smoke Dunhill Deluxe navy rolls of an unknown vintage(is there a difference anyway?)

6. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

That is why they are SWMBO, no? :wch:

7. krusty

krusty Active Member

Equally fresh as the previous LPF, I've got some BB #2 going in a largish Oom Paul just now.

Both of these flakes are stellar in that while they do mellow and get sweeter with age, they taste fine fresh. Really fine.

8. Beefcube

Beefcube Member

Didn't have enough Missippi River left to do a full bowl so mixed it with a little PA, tried a pinch the other day, was good.
    Just loaded a old bulldog up with this mix and talk about sweet billowing smoke, smoked super easy after one light, room note rocked.
    :hbang:

9. MDaws79

MDaws79 Member

Good evening friends. smoked some pork tenderloin (bacon wrapped) on Randy's Nightmare today, Jedi declared that she could out grill me and decided to join in on the Rib cook off (july 6th) so she did the rub and the sauce on some babybacks and I smoked those too. Good news is I won't be in last place.:whis:

Had a few bowls of MD mix while sitting out back, now I am watching movies with Jedi sipping on a 44 oz Mountain dew.

10. FlatbushPaul

FlatbushPaul Cellar is in an undisclosed Bunker

I'm smokin' a real treat, Kingfisher from '99 in a Dunhill Group 5 Tanshell Bulldog. Kingfisher is delightful when it's fresh, it's terrific with 3-4 years of age but it is absolutely fabulous with 14 years of age on it!

Lucky Duck, psquared, jpberg and 13 others like this.
  11. highstump

highstump Active Member

Well here I am again, 62 (yes I said 62) pages behind in this thread. Worked late all week and Friday my daughter from Maine who was in Seattle for a wedding came down. She went with us to Eugene for the twin grand babies first birthday party on Saturday. Didn't get home from that until 10:30 last night. Had some running to do earlier today and so, here I am. (Hang on, gotta catch my breath...)

OK, Best Brown Flake in a Mastro. Last weekend I was smoking some Edward G Robinson blend I got from JimInks. I tried it in several pipes but just could not get it to work for me. I ended up passing what was left of it on to the relatively new pipe smoker that Krusty and I met at our last meet up. Oh well, one size does not fit all I suppose.

12. WalkinStick

WalkinStick Active Member

:drly: :appl:

13. Lithua pipe

Lithua pipe Active Member

Butera Lat# 1 in a Pete ST. Paddy;s pipe

14. ruffinogoldswife

ruffinogoldswife The Mayor's Wife

Had a lovely evening. Dinner with the family at IHOP and a lovely smoke of Ruff's old 3 Nuns. Not Ruff's new Old 3 Nuns, but some older old 3 Nuns from before. In this wonderful smoking Tinder Box Saddle Bit Dublin.:D

[​IMG]

15. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

OMG ...Hopalong Cassidy !

Going to the store to get Half and Half creamer ..... smoking PH Curly in a Kaywoodie Octagon Dublin .... yummy :drly:

16. cobbsmoker

cobbsmoker Active Member

McClelland Blackwoods Flake in a Stanwell Featherweight Billiard, Earl Grey on the side.

17. Lucky Duck

Lucky Duck Active Member

I've smoked worse.

DGTing this bowl of LNF in the Suffolk straight pot ;).

18. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Well Chapter 44 of The Hit is calling so I'll go see what it has to say, heading for the sheets, see you all in about 7 pages....... :old:

19. Stravinsky

Stravinsky Member

Still getting top banner adds for a cougar website. Harrumph.

20. highstump

highstump Active Member

Oh the drudgery...:bag:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.